Jump to content

Another New New Jersey Devils Jersey ?


Chimaira_Devil_#9

Recommended Posts

9 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

They played a few of the games on Sports Channel back then and I really thought it was cool. I’m guessing during the 95 lockout?

They played in summer IIRC.  I actually watched some of an old Rockin Rollers game last night, on youtube (Manon Rheaume came on in relief of Daniel Berthiaume)...the product was actually pretty entertaining (standard play was 4-on-4), but something about playing on an ugly concrete surface took something away from the game. 

38 minutes ago, Lateralous said:

I bought a game worn Zacha in feb 2021 while bored quarantining with Covid.   I thought I got a steal buying it before he started really tearing it up.  Haven’t been to a game since the Pandemic started so I’ve yet to wear it but I feel like I need to wear it at least once.  At this point it feels like I’ll get heckled as much as I would wearing a flyers or rangers jersey into the Rock.   

Yeah not that I care that much what people think, but I just wouldn't get much enjoyment out of wearing the Zacha out at this point...based on last season, his overall disappointing run here and the fact that he's gone, he's kinda dead to me now.  I bought it several years ago, as a gamble (when Meigray was having their summer sale), really REALLY hoping that he was gonna pan out.  And last year it really felt like he was going to.    

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 hour ago, Lateralous said:

 

I bought a game worn Zacha in feb 2021 while bored quarantining with Covid.   I thought I got a steal buying it before he started really tearing it up.  Haven’t been to a game since the Pandemic started so I’ve yet to wear it but I feel like I need to wear it at least once.  At this point it feels like I’ll get heckled as much as I would wearing a flyers or rangers jersey into the Rock.   

I doubt it, I've seen morons walking around in Parise jerseys to this day

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

I doubt it, I've seen morons walking around in Parise jerseys to this day

Some people don’t care who is on the back, as long as they have a jersey. 

For me, I would never wear a Parise jersey. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Some people don’t care who is on the back, as long as they have a jersey. 

For me, I would never wear a Parise jersey. 

Yeah I still see Kovy jerseys too.  Many fans don't have the money to buy another jersey beyond what they already have, which is why I stopped judging who's wearing what (in terms of name, quality of the jersey, etc) a long long time ago...obviously if you show up to a game wearing a Reid Boucher jersey, I'm gonna wonder what the hell's wrong with you, but can't imagine anyone not living completely under a rock would ever be that dense. 

But if fans they're in the building and supporting the team, good enough for me, even if they're wearing Parise, Kovy, or some poorly-made knockoff.

Would I ever wear a Kovy or Parise jersey myself?  Hell no.  I still have Hall jerseys that I wear out.  I'll break out my Palmieris and several other ex-Devils too.  Some guys I have as "basement jersey" wears...not so sure that Zacha even makes that cut now, heh heh.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

...obviously if you show up to a game wearing a Reid Boucher jersey, I'm gonna wonder what the hell's wrong with you, but can't imagine anyone not living completely under a rock would ever be that dense. 

Definitely, both of the guys who own a Boucher jersey should be concerned lol. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

8 minutes ago, Jimmy Leeds said:

That's why when I bought my "real" old White home fight strap Jersey back in '88, I left it blank

 

Yeah can’t ever go wrong there.  I was able to snag a couple of GW Elias jerseys for solid pricing, and I’m glad that I did…can’t ever go wrong with guys like that either.  

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah can’t ever go wrong there.  I was able to snag a couple of GW Elias jerseys for solid pricing, and I’m glad that I did…can’t ever go wrong with guys like that either.  

Yeah I have this old jersey of some Martin Broder guy, I still wear that one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Just to clarify, you have a Martin Brodeur game-worn jersey and you wear it to games? 

I know nothing of the game-worn industry or their followers but isn't that relatively uncommon?

Yeah I wouldn’t wear that one. I’d have it framed and hang it in my living room. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Just to clarify, you have a Martin Brodeur game-worn jersey and you wear it to games? 

I know nothing of the game-worn industry or their followers but isn't that relatively uncommon?

I do wear my GWs to games (and at home when watching games...just part of the whole experience for me), but I also don't own anything that insanely high-end, as far as pricing goes...the most I spent was a lot cost for a 2016-17 red Hall, 2016-17 white Hall, and Zajac Brodeur Retirement jersey...I got a nice discount for buying all three at once.  I think the most that I ever spent for any one single GW is about $1.6 - 1.7k, but that's far from common for me.  I try to stay under $1k as much as possible, and I've gotten a little pickier about what I buy.  That's why I'll sometimes go the game-issued route, for a guy like, say, Jack Hughes...you get a legit "what he wears on the ice" for a hell of a lot less than a true GW...of course, no on-ice in-game wear, but so be it.

When it comes to GW auctions, I also am willing to walk away, when it gets to a certain point.  Sure, sometimes if I lose by only $100 or so, it stings, but gotta draw the line somewhere.

Yeah I think mfitz meant non-GW for his Brodeur...man I can't imagine anyone daring to don a legit GW Brodeur to an actual game...maybe to a VERY special occasion (say, his jersey night retirement ceremony), but I definitely wouldn't do it myself if I owned one of his.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Just to clarify, you have a Martin Brodeur game-worn jersey and you wear it to games? 

I know nothing of the game-worn industry or their followers but isn't that relatively uncommon?

No, its an old Brodeur jersey, but its not game worn. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Mfitz takes pictures of his jerseys laying on the floor - what do you expect? Guy’s a savage. :P

Laying them flat on a plain background is the only way. 

Just now, MB3 said:

ah. that was a little confusing in context.

I can see why that would be. But no, I don't have one. I did tell my wife on the day we win the lottery I am buying one. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Laying them flat on a plain background is the only way. 

I can see why that would be. But no, I don't have one. I did tell my wife on the day we win the lottery I am buying one. 

There's a couple on Meigray at the moment.  2002-03 red for about $15k, 2011-12 white for about $8k (on consignment, meaning there's owners listing through Meigray).  Also a 2002-03 Marty All-Star going for $2500.  Actually doesn't seem THAT crazy, given his career.  But yeah, either I win the lottery, or get a gun and a ski mask.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

39 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

There's a couple on Meigray at the moment.  2002-03 red for about $15k, 2011-12 white for about $8k (on consignment, meaning there's owners listing through Meigray).  Also a 2002-03 Marty All-Star going for $2500.  Actually doesn't seem THAT crazy, given his career.  But yeah, either I win the lottery, or get a gun and a ski mask.  

I've seen the All-Star, that doesn't do it for me. 

I know a Brodeur gamer is not THAT expensive, but to justify spending $8,000 on a shirt, I would have to be absolutely wiping my ass with cash because I have so much extra. 

I don't judge anyone who has that kind of cash to spend, glad that you do, but for me, I can find better ways to use $8,000 right now. If I had "T-Rex skull" money, different story. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

33 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I've seen the All-Star, that doesn't do it for me. 

I know a Brodeur gamer is not THAT expensive, but to justify spending $8,000 on a shirt, I would have to be absolutely wiping my ass with cash because I have so much extra. 

I don't judge anyone who has that kind of cash to spend, glad that you do, but for me, I can find better ways to use $8,000 right now. If I had "T-Rex skull" money, different story. 

Where did you get the impression that I would spend $8k EVER on a Brodeur jersey?  Like I said previously, I rarely go over $1k for any GW.  Like you, if I have $8k in disposable income, I’d much rather spend it on something else.  Even if it’s Marty, spending that much on a GW would completely sap the fun out of it for me.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Where did you get the impression that I would spend $8k EVER on a Brodeur jersey?  Like I said previously, I rarely go over $1k for any GW.  Like you, if I have $8k in disposable income, I’d much rather spend it on something else.  Even if it’s Marty, spending that much on a GW would completely sap the fun out of it for me.  

I meant the general "you", not YOU you. I have no idea how much you would spend on a jersey, I am assuming most of your money is tied up in leg repairs and Zacha jerseys lol. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

On 7/25/2022 at 10:03 AM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

The Fisherman Returns: Isles Announce Throwback Plans – SportsLogos.Net ...

Picturing "Skippers" in this font, with a shaved Skipper.

Guess the minor league affiliate could be the called the "Little Buddies"?  

I actually loved the jerseys, and would like for them to wear them once or twice a year (Lou would be against that though)  Now the mascot was lame, basically a guy yellow raincoat with a red goal light on his rain hat.  When the isles scored the goal horn was a fog horn, and blew out "fog".

Was a bit interesting when you could still see the fake smoke after play resumed.

Really enjoyed going to those games... was alot of fun.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I meant the general "you", not YOU you. I have no idea how much you would spend on a jersey, I am assuming most of your money is tied up in leg repairs and Zacha jerseys lol. 

Ok this makes a lot more sense now.

And thank whoever that I didn't snag a second Zacha jersey...I was sooooooo close to buying one of his Heritages, but someone snagged it while I was hemmin and hawin.  Glad I hemmed and hawed just long enough.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Ok this makes a lot more sense now.

And thank whoever that I didn't snag a second Zacha jersey...I was sooooooo close to buying one of his Heritages, but someone snagged it while I was hemmin and hawin.  Glad I hemmed and hawed just long enough.

So you are saying...you almost bought it. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mfitz804 said:

So you are saying...you almost bought it. 

And I'm now angry at myself for not making the obvious joke that was begging to be made.  fvck.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah I still see Kovy jerseys too.  Many fans don't have the money to buy another jersey beyond what they already have, which is why I stopped judging who's wearing what (in terms of name, quality of the jersey, etc) a long long time ago...obviously if you show up to a game wearing a Reid Boucher jersey, I'm gonna wonder what the hell's wrong with you, but can't imagine anyone not living completely under a rock would ever be that dense. 

But if fans they're in the building and supporting the team, good enough for me, even if they're wearing Parise, Kovy, or some poorly-made knockoff.

Would I ever wear a Kovy or Parise jersey myself?  Hell no.  I still have Hall jerseys that I wear out.  I'll break out my Palmieris and several other ex-Devils too.  Some guys I have as "basement jersey" wears...not so sure that Zacha even makes that cut now, heh heh.  

That's why I only jerseys I own are brodeur, Elias (game worn) and degrom.   You'll never get judged for wearing them as they are all top notch players.    

Even if degrom leaves the mets, he's still the best modern day pitcher, so no shame in rocking that decades from now

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, bobilly45 said:

That's why I only jerseys I own are brodeur, Elias (game worn) and degrom.   You'll never get judged for wearing them as they are all top notch players.    

Even if degrom leaves the mets, he's still the best modern day pitcher, so no shame in rocking that decades from now

To a lesser extent than the bolded, this is why I don't mind wearing the Halls...his 2017-18 season one of the very best ever for a NJ forward, and he was so much fun to watch...and of course, won the only Hart trophy in franchise history.  The 2017-18 wasn't the fresh breath of air that it was without him.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, bobilly45 said:

That's why I only jerseys I own are brodeur, Elias (game worn) and degrom.   You'll never get judged for wearing them as they are all top notch players.    

Even if degrom leaves the mets, he's still the best modern day pitcher, so no shame in rocking that decades from now

Who gives a fvck

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 hours ago, Crisis said:

Who gives a fvck

Yeah - seriously. Wear what you want. I have a Colin White jersey, and I could give absolutely 0 fvcks if someone judges me because he wasn’t a “top notch player.”

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.