GDT: Devils @ Ottawa 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

5 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Back at it tonight. LGD.

Back at what?

Oh yeah, "hockey". 

It's like that old Folger's Crystals commercial. We've replaced your hockey with something else, let's see if anyone notices. 

We all fvcking notice, a-holes. 

LGD. 

• Like 1

I've pretty much gone fully into "no feelings at all" mode with this team.  I go into every game expecting a loss these days.  There's a part of me that wonders how the hell they ever won 15 games this year, based on several recent performances.

But will I be watching tonight?  Of course I will.  Doesn't mean that I'm excited about it, but I'll be doing it.

er, PTNTS NJ!

(bonus points to whoever can guess what PTNTS stands for)

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I've pretty much gone fully into "no feelings at all" mode with this team.  I go into every game expecting a loss these days.  There's a part of me that wonders how the hell they ever won 15 games this year, based on several recent performances.

But will I be watching tonight?  Of course I will.  Doesn't mean that I'm excited about it, but I'll be doing it.

er, PTNTS NJ!

Please take Nasridine to Slovakia

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Please take Nasridine to Slovakia

That ain't it, but I like idea and I award you major bonus points on effort and creativity alone.

40 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

er, PTNTS NJ!

I don't care anymore. I've emotionally checked out.

Please try not to suck

48 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

er, PTNTS NJ!

Present Tatar Nuts To Suck. 

53 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

er, PTNTS NJ!

Pavel The No-Talent sh!t.

23 minutes ago, NJDevils1214 said:

I don't care anymore. I've emotionally checked out.

Please try not to suck

WINNER!

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

17 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I have to assume a concussion since that is considered a state secret in the NHL, and especially so for the Devils.

Watching his reaction afterwards, I have to assume that is correct. Late Nate do the fighting from now on. 

Not that Nate is any good at fighting. 

I don't necessarily think Ruff is the answer but I hardly think the coaching staff is the only issue. As with the last two head coaches who most here swore would never get another head coaching job in the league because they were the problem  (it turned out not to be them). Hynes and DeBoer are doing just fine thanks, something like close to 30 games over .500 combined this season.  Ruff is top 6 or 7 all time in wins.  The constant, this team's roster has been the equivalent of wet sh!t overall. Yeah some parts have changed but in the end Scotty Bowman or Toe Blake can't polish this turd into a winner.  Fire the coach, sure I'm all for it, because I hope eventually they maybe just maybe they understand it's not the coach it's the massive holes in the roster even after a few pieces have changed every year the overall product remains is wet sh!t. 

Nice guys, when you look at most individually you can even maybe say he's not bad (yay!), that's remains some bar we have going on here. Or hell a very,very small handful even slightly better than that. 2.5/3 potential relly good ones.  Yet the overall collection remains bottom feeder. The proof is in the numbers and history of the last decade.  Fire Ruff and all the rest bring in the next group who will be saddled with the same not nearly good enough roster.  #TrusttheProcess  #TheAnswerisintheRoom

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

7 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I don't necessarily think Ruff is the answer but I hardly think the coaching staff is the only issue. As with the last two head coaches who most here swore would never get another head coaching job in the league because they were the problem  (it turned out not to be them). Hynes and DeBoer are doing just fine thanks, something like close to 30 games over .500 combined this season.  Ruff is top 6 or 7 all time in wins.  The constant, this team's roster has been the equivalent of wet sh!t overall. Yeah some parts have changed but in the end Scotty Bowman or Toe Blake can polish this turd into a winner.  Fire the coach, sure I'm all for it, because I hope eventually they maybe just maybe understand it's not the coach it's the massive holes in the roster even after a few pieces have changed the overall product is wet sh!t. 

Nice guys, when you look at most individually you can even maybe say he's not bad (yay!), that's some bar. Or hell a very,very small handful even slightly better than that. Yet the overall collection is bottom feeder. The proof is in the numbers and history of the last decade.  Fire Ruff and all the rest bring in the next group who will be saddled with the same not nearly good enough roster.  #TrusttheProcess  #TheAnswerisintheRoom

I do think coaches are at least part of the problem.  Ruff's system is just not suited for not only this team, but how the NHL operates in this day and age.  It wasn't any secret that when we hired him that Rangers fans were happy with getting rid of him.  However, I do think it will be a moot point if Nas and Recchi don't get the boot.  Recchi has operated one of the worst PP's in NHL history and it's just time to move on from Teflon Nas.

I think that the core of this team is just pretty rotten.  Outside of Hamilton, Hughes, Bratt and Mercer I really do not care much for anyone else on the team, Hischier included.  Not only that but it seems like the team has had way too much of a country club atmosphere for too long under this current regime where losing is tolerated a little too much.  I am done with holding onto players who have spurts of production only to disappear for long stretches (Zacha, Sharangovich, Johnsson and now Tatar), players who are invisible (Kuokkanen), and guys who just aren't working out.  

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

I do think coaches are at least part of the problem.  Ruff's system is just not suited for not only this team, but how the NHL operates in this day and age.  It wasn't any secret that when we hired him that Rangers fans were happy with getting rid of him.  However, I do think it will be a moot point if Nas and Recchi don't get the boot.  Recchi has operated one of the worst PP's in NHL history and it's just time to move on from Teflon Nas.

I think that the core of this team is just pretty rotten.  Outside of Hamilton, Hughes, Bratt and Mercer I really do not care much for anyone else on the team, Hischier included.  Not only that but it seems like the team has had way too much of a country club atmosphere for too long under this current regime where losing is tolerated a little too much.  I am done with holding onto players who have spurts of production only to disappear for long stretches (Zacha, Sharangovich, Johnsson and now Tatar), players who are invisible (Kuokkanen), and guys who just aren't working out.  

I think we agree for the most part but it's the same song and dance that was said about the last 2 coaches. To me it's a sum of the parts thing and our parts suck on the whole, simply nowhere good enough as a 23 man roster. Send Ruff and other packing  like Hynes and DeBoer (who both have proven they can coach just fine). Those two changes did well, nothing for us, status quo as Lou would say in the end.

Is tonight another empty building game which should make it even more exciting?

• Like 1

Yeah not to be the a$$hole that comes to a message board just to announce that he's not going to be watching the game but...

I don't know if you could pay me to watch this one. Two garbage teams, but the senators are probably going to push us around physically which is guaranteed to be frustrating.

7 minutes ago, titans04 said:

I think we agree for the most part but it's the same song and dance that was said about the last 2 coaches. To me it's a sum of the parts thing and our parts suck on the whole, simply nowhere good enough as a 23 man roster. Send Ruff and other packing  like Hynes and DeBoer (who both have proven they can coach just fine). Those two changes did well, nothing for us, status quo as Lou would say in the end.

Is tonight another empty building game which should make it even more exciting?

DeBoer is actually a decent coach.  I can't blame him when Bernier, Tootoo and Gomez were on the top PP unit in the season he was fired.  Hynes I would say is more the beneficiary of having a better roster to work with than anything.  Devils went into the bargain bin with Ruff and they are getting bargain bin coaching from him.  At some point I would like to see the team shell out for a coach who is actually good and whose best days as a coach are not well into the rearview mirror.

But yeah this 23-man roster stinks too.  There are no more than maybe 4-5 players worth keeping out of all of them.  However, with an ownership group that seems to be apathetic at best I am not holding my breath for any change on that.  Instead, we will be constantly told of better days happening someday, but that someday doesn't seem like it will ever come.

1 hour ago, DevsMan84 said:

DeBoer is actually a decent coach.  I can't blame him when Bernier, Tootoo and Gomez were on the top PP unit in the season he was fired.  Hynes I would say is more the beneficiary of having a better roster to work with than anything.

That's my point 84, more often than not it's more about the roster and way less about the coach. Philly another similar situation fire Vigneault (another top 6-8 all-time wins coach) because they should be better, bring in the next guy and they go on a what 13 game skid. Might not be the coaching, oh yeah the roster blows there too.  Anyway at the end of the day (or more accurately the year) it's yet more of the same.  The cycle of ineptitude runs so deep it seems insurmountable as the years drag on by.