GDT: Devils @ Ottawa 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

50 minutes ago, Fansinz88 said:

What’s your answer then? 

Yeah, the people who don't want to blame Ruff don't really have a leg to stand on, because the teams that Hynes, DeBoer, and Ruff had are all different, so it's not like the roster/players haven't been shuffled.  Beyond that, the coach is WAY easier to hire/fire since he's one person (ok, plus his staff), as opposed to the entire team of 18 players plus goalies.  

12 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Yeah, the people who don't want to blame Ruff don't really have a leg to stand on, because the teams that Hynes, DeBoer, and Ruff had are all different, so it's not like the roster/players haven't been shuffled.  Beyond that, the coach is WAY easier to hire/fire since he's one person (ok, plus his staff), as opposed to the entire team of 18 players plus goalies.  

They've been moving around deck chairs on the titanic. Coaches leave here and do just fine with rosters not littered with junk, That's the point. Ruff has figured out how to win 755 wins in the NHL when coaching rosters not littered with junk. He's not a rookie who's never done it before. Like I said let him go that's all good, but thinking that's now 3 coaches in a row who've been the reason for the overall futility...  it way way bigger than whoever is standing behind the bench.

Just now, titans04 said:

They've been moving around deck chairs on the titanic. Coaches leave here and do just fine with rosters not littered with junk, That's the point. Ruff has figured out how to win 755 wins in the NHL when coaching rosters not littered with junk. He's not a rookie who's never done it before. Like I said let him go that's all good, but thinking that's now 3 coaches in a row who've been the reason for the overall futility...  it way way bigger than whoever is standing behind the bench.

Have to move players out. Starting with zacha and severson. After subban and vesey obviously. Hopefully they all go at least. 

22 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I gotta be honest. The very last thing i ever expected happening in one of our game was an opposing scoring a goal while being left all by himself right in front of our net. I'm speechless.

Totally out of character for this crew 🤣

1 minute ago, jagknife said:

You can tell Subban doesn’t want to get traded, actively not trying to cover a soul

He's showcasing is physical game of dominating completely empty space while all kinds of sh!t directly leading to goals happens right around him.

25 minutes ago, titans04 said:

This couldn't be less true.  As already pointed out, Hynes isn't exactly kicking ass in Nashville, and Ruff, while long-tenured and a lot of wins, has almost nothing to show for that long career. One could easily argue that he was given a very, VERY long rope in Buffalo and that he overstayed his welcome.

I'm not saying the problem doesn't exist on the ice, but to suggest that our current roster lacks any talent or that there's not much to work with is just silly.  You have the youngest roster in the entire league that is hungry and motivated.  They clearly lack direction and instruction.

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

This couldn't be less true.  As already pointed out, Hynes isn't exactly kicking ass in Nashville, and Ruff, while long-tenured and a lot of wins, has almost nothing to show for that long career. One could easily argue that he was given a very, VERY long rope in Buffalo and that he overstayed his welcome.

I'm not saying the problem doesn't exist on the ice, but to suggest that our current roster lacks any talent or that there's not much to work with is just silly.  You have the youngest roster in the entire league that is hungry and motivated.  They clearly lack direction and instruction.

Nashville is currently 28-14-4. 60 points and 2nd in central. Not kicking a$$ though. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Fansinz88 said:

Nashville is currently 28-14-4. 60 points and 2nd in central. Not kicking a$$ though. 

I meant since he's been there, in totality.  Yeah, they're 2nd right now - season isn't over yet.  Assuming they make the playoffs, let's see what happens then.  

His Win % was .589 and .571 in his first two seasons; both times bounced in the first round of the playoffs.  

Edited by NJDfan1711

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Ha, ok sure. 

They're just fine. Trust the process, the roster doesn't have remotely enough talent. Maybe with another 3-4 top 5 picks.

Same Hynes who would never get another NHL job again?

Ruff something like 755W 584L 78T in spite of his time here.

Like I said move Ruff, don't care, it won't fix the dead fish it's been rotting from the head for years.

3 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I meant since he's been there, in totality.  Yeah, they're 2nd right now - season isn't over yet.  Assuming they make the playoffs, let's see what happens then.  

His Win % was .589 and .571 in his first two seasons; both times bounced in the first round of the playoffs.  

Hmm… playoffs?