NHL Trade Deadline 3/21: Thread-2022

Chimaira_Devil_#9

In 6 weeks time it will all be over and the team could look considerably different. 

If I was to break down who I would be willing to keep, who I would consider for the right offer, who I wouldn't care if they were gone and who I would be actively shopping, it would be the following:

Keep:

• Hughes
  • Bratt
  • Nico
  • Mercer
  • Hamilton
  • Graves

Would like to keep, but would be willing to listen:

• Severson
  • Seigenthaller
  • Smith
  • Bastian

Players I wouldnt care if we traded:

• Johnnson
  • Sharangovich
  • McLeod
  • Kuoakkanen
  • Blackwood
  • Bernier
  • Boqvist
  • Geertsen

Players I would actively look to offload:

• Tatar
  • Zacha
  • Suban
  • Vesey

I would also be willing to trade our 1st round pick for this year as well, but it would have to be for a good package and I would like a second coming back the other way, or a low first. 

Why trade Bastian? His trade doesn't give you much, but Devils hardly need in players like him with different level of production.

McLeod too. We don't find better option for 4th liner center and defensive role.

They both meaning for us more than their market value.

Players I would actively look to offload:

• Tatar
  • Zacha
  • SMITH(Luke, Mukh, Okhotiuk, even Bahl an Vuko. And the most importantly Smith svck, did svck and will svck. And for now his market value still pretty good)
  • Suban
  • Vesey
Edited by Guadana

4 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

In 6 weeks time it will all be over and the team could look considerably different. 

If I was to break down who I would be willing to keep, who I would consider for the right offer, who I wouldn't care if they were gone and who I would be actively shopping, it would be the following:

Keep:

• Hughes
  • Bratt
  • Nico
  • Mercer
  • Hamilton
  • Graves

Would like to keep, but would be willing to listen:

• Severson
  • Seigenthaller
  • Smith
  • Bastian

Players I wouldnt care if we traded:

• Johnnson
  • Sharangovich
  • McLeod
  • Kuoakkanen
  • Blackwood
  • Bernier
  • Boqvist
  • Geertsen

Players I would actively look to offload:

• Tatar
  • Zacha
  • Suban
  • Vesey

I would also be willing to trade our 1st round pick for this year as well, but it would have to be for a good package and I would like a second coming back the other way, or a low first. 

Severson has to go. Over 500 games and still making same mistakes as game 1. 

• Like 3

I'd keep Vesey, McLeod, and Bastian.  Not because any of the three are beasts, but because they're all fine in the roles they're being asked to fill, and they've all shown some ability to score a little.  Sure, you could deal them, but they're not the kind of players that command much of a return in a trade...that being said, it does look like there's plenty of guys in Utica who project as Bottom 6ers.  I'd still hang onto them.

Guys like Sharangovich and Kuokkanen...yeah, I'm done with them.   Sharangovich is a "scorer" who doesn't really score all that much...24 goals through his first 94 NHL games, and I get the feeling he won't ever produce at that much higher of a rate than that.  He's the kind of player who needs to score at least 10 G per 82 GP more than he does now, to really justify keeping around.

Johnsson is what he is.  He's a guy who can look really good in shorter stretches when he's converting chances at an unsustainable rate...he did that earlier this season, when he was shooting over 26% in getting off to a fast start...he also did that in 2018-19 for a while, when he managed 18 G over a 37-game burst.  But for his career, he averages 1.82 shots per game and has a 12.4 shooting%...he's averaged 17 G per 82 GP for his career, and being that he doesn't generate a whole lot of SOG and already converts at a fairly high percentage, it's hard to think that unless he gets tremendous puck luck in any given season, that he'll ever manage a year where he scores so much as 25 G...maybe a couple of low-20s seasons, but if Johnsson's ever a guy that you're hoping can provide consistent offense, you're going to be sorely disappointed. 

Agree with CD#9 on Tatard...just take the 4th/5th-rounder you might get for him and be done.   He's friggin' Michael Ryder Part Deux...I understood rolling the dice on him as a stopgap for a couple of years, and even though he tailed off badly last year, he wasn't far removed from much more productive seasons, but I'm just done with him too.

I have no idea what to do with friggin' Zacha...he's been so tremendously disappointing this season, and following up that oh-so-promising 84 games with this stretch of completely invisibility...it just sucks.      

• Like 1

I’d do what I can to trade:

Severson

Subban

Tatar

Johnnson

Sharangovich

Kuokannen

If you get good offers on the following, take it:

Zacha

Smith

Blackwood

If someone wants to make a crazy overpayment:

Hischier

I’d try to target young goaltenders, rhd, and wings. 

• Like 1

The problem with trading both Subban and Severson is that our right side depth is then Hamilton, Jaros, Walsh maybe? I think Subban goes and they hold on to Severson a little longer. At least he produces offense at times, as insanely frustrating as he is in his own zone. 

I don’t want to bring up Walsh into this disaster, or he’ll just become another Severson. 

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I don't care what they do. Just fvcking trade Subban for the love of God.

I think the only thing that would make you happier than Subban being traded is Subban being traded back to Montreal for a pick and a top prospect so you can have a front row seat to the circus 

Just now, Devil Dan 56 said:

I think the only thing that would make you happier than Subban being traded is Subban being traded back to Montreal for a pick and a top prospect so you can have a front row seat to the circus 

haha yeah... I do think there's a chance he signs back in MTL this summer. They are desperate for players.

There's no chance MTL trade a top prospect for 2 months of Subban though lol let's be realistic. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

haha yeah... I do think there's a chance he signs back in MTL this summer. They are desperate for players.

There's no chance MTL trade a top prospect for 2 months of Subban though lol let's be realistic. 

Haha I was just going for maximum Montreal fan explosion/implosion

6 hours ago, Guadana said:

Why trade Bastian? His trade doesn't give you much, but Devils hardly need in players like him with different level of production.

McLeod too. We don't find better option for 4th liner center and defensive role.

They both meaning for us more than their market value.

Players I would actively look to offload:

• Tatar
  • Zacha
  • SMITH(Luke, Mukh, Okhotiuk, even Bahl an Vuko. And the most importantly Smith svck, did svck and will svck. And for now his market value still pretty good)
  • Suban
  • Vesey

I am not actively shopping either of them on my list, but at the same time if they are necessary components that teams want that gets you a difference maker I am listening and willing to include them. 

As the list says I would be more reluctant to let Bastian go than McCleod. 

I mean I could have kept it more simple and said that anyone outside the first group should basically be on the table as options. 

Yeah, Guys, let`s trade them all and start new rebuild. This is what Colorado should do after thier 48 points season. 

3 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I am not actively shopping either of them on my list, but at the same time if they are necessary components that teams want that gets you a difference maker I am listening and willing to include them. 

As the list says I would be more reluctant to let Bastian go than McCleod. 

I mean I could have kept it more simple and said that anyone outside the first group should basically be on the table as options. 

I would say i try to keep them as long as posible because Devils need more of that with better point producing. Ofcourse if Fitz can trade Zacha + Mcleod + 1st round pick for M Tkachuk, I`l do it right with any doubts. But I will not trade Bastian + Zacha for Connor Garland for example.

Surprised to see everyone write of Sharongovich so fast. I'm giving him another year to see if he can look like his rookie year before I write him off as a fluke.

Like most things, I am not sure how much is the players and how much is off the ice/coaching.

I am pretty much done with Kuokk tho. While Shango hasn't really produced, he gets chances and he's in the mix. Kuokk isn't even noticeable. McLeod is just frustrating and idc where he goes-- I like Bastian though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Fansinz88 said:

Severson has to go. Over 500 games and still making same mistakes as game 1. 

I could be wrong but I get a feeling there's a least a few teams that feel that the Devils have no idea how to get the most out of Severson...and that all he needs is a better environment, where with proper coaching and a solid system, will figure things out.  Who knows for sure if that's true, but I am curious to see if anyone tries to make a move for him (and is willing to give something legit up to do it).  

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I could be wrong but I get a feeling there's a least a few teams that feel that the Devils have no idea how to get the most out of Severson...and that all he needs is a better environment, where with proper coaching and a solid system, will figure things out.  Who knows for sure if that's true, but I am curious to see if anyone tries to make a move for him (and is willing to give something legit up to do it).  

He is a favourite of the stats community. So if teams are leaning more on analytics for a trade you could see good value coming back. 

One thing I have never looked into is if stats factor in single catastrophic individual  errors that lead to a goal against. For example will Seversons decision to stop skating against Toronto on that 2 on 1 be factored in? 

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Has to be a real solid deal I get that but what we get from him is bad. Maybe it’s coaching, maybe it’s bad players around him. But something has to give because he is giving us advanced stats (analytics) that are good but watching every game I don’t see anything good. 

2 hours ago, Fansinz88 said:

Has to be a real solid deal I get that but what we get from him is bad. Maybe it’s coaching, maybe it’s bad players around him. But something has to give because he is giving us advanced stats (analytics) that are good but watching every game I don’t see anything good. 

🤔

• Haha 2

6 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Surprised to see everyone write of Sharongovich so fast. I'm giving him another year to see if he can look like his rookie year before I write him off as a fluke.

Like most things, I am not sure how much is the players and how much is off the ice/coaching.

I am pretty much done with Kuokk tho. While Shango hasn't really produced, he gets chances and he's in the mix. Kuokk isn't even noticeable. McLeod is just frustrating and idc where he goes-- I like Bastian though.

Sharangovich play but didn`t score. Zacha and Tatar don`t play. But when we trade Hischier, guys like Sharangovich can`t find a place for excuses.
he did play a lot last season and have no rest before the season. And I think he need to find more energy in his game. I would not trade him, only if it`s a part of big package for someone who can be core player for years. Not for "Garlands".

And ofcourse safe money away from guys like Klinberg.

9 hours ago, MB3 said:

If someone blows the doors off for Nico, I think you listen. Dawson Mercer can fill that role and 3 legitimate centers on a last place garbage team is a luxury they cannot afford.

I’d listen on any player not named Jack Hughes, Dawson Mercer, Jesper Bratt, or Dougie Hamilton. No one is off limits for me other than those four. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 3