NHL Trade Deadline 3/21: Thread-2022

Chimaira_Devil_#9

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

i remember people ripping Bratt early THIS SEASON too lol crazy

He did start slow, and it was getting to the point where it was fair to wonder when he was going to start to put it all together.

And then just like that, he most definitely put it all together.  

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He did start slow, and it was getting to the point where it was fair to wonder when he was going to start to put it all together.

That benching seemed to light a fire under him. 

• Like 2

6 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I dunno, the production wasn't there but i always thought he played well mostly. I know its easy to get mesmerized by his skating but i never thought he was bad or didn't show promises

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I dunno, the production wasn't there but i always thought he played well mostly. I know its easy to get mesmerized by his skating but i never thought he was bad or didn't show promises

That was just the thing…he would show promise, but then vanish offensively for a while and would be up and down…even Chico got on him during the Calgary game (the one where he got benched).  It was the promise that had me wondering what his true upside was, and how long before we’d find out?  Fortunately it’s happened.  

3 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

oh man Landeskog out indefinitely with knee surgery and Girard out at least a month... that's a huge blow to the cup favorites 

Maybe they take a look at PK as a temp fill-in (sure they’ll look at other options first).

20 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

oh man Landeskog out indefinitely with knee surgery and Girard out at least a month... that's a huge blow to the cup favorites 

Perfect chance for them to pull a Tampa/Vegas and add some cap before the playoffs.

29 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Maybe they take a look at PK as a temp fill-in (sure they’ll look at other options first).

well now that would be something.

Hard to envision them being that desperate under any circumstances imo.

Unless they're zeroing in on bad D and sh!tty offense at a high cost even with max retention. When you look at ROI.

Edited by titans04

I read last night that Vancouver is trying to trade Tyler Myers. He has 2 years remaining at 6m. The goal is to clear some cap space.

I'm wondering if we could maybe take him in order to get Boeser or Garland in a package with him where it could go our way. Sure he's a 6'8 Severson but we have the cap space to take that sort of short term hit of paying a 2nd/3rd pairing that much, so i'm wondering if we could explore having Severson and Myers behind Hamilton on the right side. Both with limited minutes could be decent.

Again the goal would be to make a hockey trade where it's more about moving bodies and making something work than getting the exact value that you want for a specific piece

But that'd be a trade we could throw Subban in just so that he can take some minutes from Myers for the rest of the season

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

5 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Subban and Zacha for Boeser/Garland and Myers?? I’m in. 

lol clearly not what i was suggesting. Subban with his salary retained could be a total throw in and a stopgap for them. We'd still need to send picks and prospects im sure

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I hope he's looking at Chychrun or Keller :P

Well, Sean Avery said Keller is a bum, and we all know how well respected his opinion is around the league. Maybe we can get him for peanuts. :lol:

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Zacha for Marchand, the trade is one for 😛

Leave the rat, take the pasta. 

• Like 2

But seriously if we have 2 reps PLUS Tom himself scouting that game, they are certainly serious about something. Maybe there was more to the Johnsson rumour than i imagined...

So here's my thought process. i went through the rosters to see what would make sense cause well, obviously they were scouting players on the ice and not prospects in the system or wtv. So, few observations...

- I believe Tom would be looking for a goalie, top 6 winger or top 4 D. Can't imagine they'd bother for something less than that.

- Boston is a playoffs team so they won't trade much obviously unless it's a swap for similar talent. The only option i can see on Boston is if we'd go for Debrusk. He wants out of Boston, he's a RFA. Maybe a swap for Zacha make sense for both teams. But he's the only one in Boston that'd make sense since most guys on that teams are 25 and up and going for it. So i don't think we were there to scout Boston.

- I think we're past the getting picks for a rebuild period. We need guys now and surround Hamilton and Jack. So i doubt Tom is looking at anyone past their late 20s or upcoming UFAs. So we're there to either fill a need or make a true hockey trade for the long-term in my opinion. 

- Arizona is obviously rebuilding and gearing up for picks, so they are going for young or picks or guys to fill their roster to hit the cap floor. Going through their lineup i was surprised how young they are.

- Arizona has to make a decision if they want to rebuild around Keller or Chychrun. Keller has been rumoured to be on the block possibly but i've read that Chychrun WILL be move before the trade deadline. I feel like they have to keep at least one? or else who are you even building around, they may land Wright AND Bedard / Michkov in the draft but they don't know that...

So I made a list of the guys on Arizona that we could have been looking at. 

Fowards:

Keller / 23 / RW-LW - 7.1m until 2028 - Obviously i'd he super down with this. I doubt they'd move him even though he was rumoured but it would have to be an insane deal to get him. He'd fit super well with Jack. I'd totally throw our first round pick, Johnsson + a 2nd + 3rd for him and maybe some prospect. And i'd obviously Throw Subban in if they want him.

Crouse / 24 / LW - RFA - Not interested in him a single bit.

Hayton / 21 / C-LW - RFA - 5th overall in 2018. I feel like they would not trade him, he's very young and would fit their rebuild need. Also not sure if we'd be interesting in him.

Maccelli / 21 / LW - ELC - Pretty good young prospect, same thing i feel they'd want him for the rebuild and not sure he's someone we'd bother targetting.

Dmen:

Chychrun / RD / 23 / 4.6m until 2025. - Somehow the most likely target based on my educated guess. I'd be delighted to get him. It would cost a lot. The cost for him is a first round pick, a young player and a high end prospect. I think the fact that our first round pick would be potentially the highest they could receive in an offer might help with which prospect or young guy we send. I'd do 1st + Mukhamadulin + Boqvist + 2nd or 3rd and again, obviously i'd throw subban in if they want him. I'd highly consider trading Smith too but that'd really be if i was desperate to make it happen, his value is at its lowest right now and god knows, maybe he'll turn into an amazing player for us. 

Moser / 21 / LD / ELC - His ceiling is a top 4 all-situation defenseman... we already have so many LD i can't imagine targeting one in a trade unless one of ours is going the other way.

Kolyachonok / 20 / LD / ELC - Fringe top 4 dmen... same thing as Moser.

Goalie:

Vejmelka / 25 / RFA - Well we need a goalie and he's one. Is he a guy you look at and project to be better than Blackwood or Daws though? I don't know about that.

I mean... just imagine this D corp with Hughes coming in a few years. We'd be set for awhiiiiiile. 

Graves - Hamilton

Siegenthaler - Chychrun

Smith - Severson

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 3

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

But seriously if we have 2 reps PLUS Tom himself scouting that game, they are certainly serious about something. Maybe there was more to the Johnsson rumour than i imagined...

So here's my thought process. i went through the rosters to see what would make sense cause well, obviously they were scouting players on the ice and not prospects in the system or wtv. So, few observations...

- I believe Tom would be looking for a goalie, top 6 winger or top 4 D. Can't imagine they'd bother for something less than that.

- Boston is a playoffs team so they won't trade much obviously unless it's a swap for similar talent. The only option i can see on Boston is if we'd go for Debrusk. He wants out of Boston, he's a RFA. Maybe a swap for Zacha make sense for both teams. But he's the only one in Boston that'd make sense since most guys on that teams are 25 and up and going for it. So i don't think we were there to scout Boston.

- I think we're past the getting picks for a rebuild period. We need guys now and surround Hamilton and Jack. So i doubt Tom is looking at anyone past their late 20s or upcoming UFAs. So we're there to either fill a need or make a true hockey trade for the long-term in my opinion. 

- Arizona is obviously rebuilding and gearing up for picks, so they are going for young or picks or guys to fill their roster to hit the cap floor. Going through their lineup i was surprised how young they are.

- Arizona has to make a decision if they want to rebuild around Keller or Chychrun. Keller has been rumoured to be on the block possibly but i've read that Chychrun WILL be move before the trade deadline. I feel like they have to keep at least one? or else who are you even building around, they may land Wright AND Bedard / Michkov in the draft but they don't know that...

So I made a list of the guys on Arizona that we could have been looking at. 

Fowards:

Keller / 23 / RW-LW - 7.1m until 2028 - Obviously i'd he super down with this. I doubt they'd move him even though he was rumoured but it would have to be an insane deal to get him. He'd fit super well with Jack. I'd totally throw our first round pick, Johnsson + a 2nd + 3rd for him and maybe some prospect. And i'd obviously Throw Subban in if they want him.

Crouse / 24 / LW - RFA - Not interested in him a single bit.

Hayton / 21 / C-LW - RFA - 5th overall in 2018. I feel like they would not trade him, he's very young and would fit their rebuild need. Also not sure if we'd be interesting in him.

Maccelli / 21 / LW - ELC - Pretty good young prospect, same thing i feel they'd want him for the rebuild and not sure he's someone we'd bother targetting.

Dmen:

Chychrun / RHD / 23 / 4.6m until 2025. - Somehow the most likely target based on my educated guess. I'd be delighted to get him. It would cost a lot. The cost for him is a first round pick, a young player and a high end prospect. I think the fact that our first round pick would be potentially the highest they could receive in an offer might help with which prospect or young guy we send. I'd do 1st + Mukhamadulin + Boqvist + 2nd or 3rd and again, obviously i'd throw subban in if they want him. I'd highly consider trading Smith too but that'd really be if i was desperate to make it happen, his value is at its lowest right now and god knows, maybe he'll turn into an amazing player for us. 

Moser / 21 / LHD / ELC - His ceiling is a top 4 all-situation defenseman... we already have so many LD i can't imagine targeting one in a trade unless one of ours is going the other way.

Kolyachonok / 20 / LHD / ELC - Fringe top 4 dmen... same thing as Moser.

Goalie:

Vejmelka / 25 / RFA - Well we need a goalie and he's one. Is he a guy you look at and project to be better than Blackwood or Daws though? I don't know about that.

I mean... just imagine this D corp with Hughes coming in a few years. We'd be set for awhiiiiiile. 

Graves - Hamilton

Siegenthaler - Chychrun

Smith - Severson

I am hoping we’re in on Chychrun. I would dance a jig if we were able to land him. 

19 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

*Pretty sure he shoots left though. 

yeah i meant he plays on the right side

Just so frustrating that instead of giving up so much we could have simply drafted him instead of McLeod haha ... hindsight 20/20 is frustrating sometimes haha

Edited by SterioDesign