NHL Trade Deadline 3/21: Thread-2022

Chimaira_Devil_#9

44 minutes ago, devlman said:

Incredible. This is why people get frustrated with you. You invent arguments. Our discussion wasn’t the pros and cons of trading Severson. Not taking your bait which is clearly to deflect from your L. Look up the definition of minimal.

You said you didn't want maximum return on a guy who's at the top of his value because you believe he's the losing thread in the last few years. You said that. And you believe that'd be a good move to cut tie with him and not get full value for him because it's better for the culture of the team. That's your argument. Is it or is it not?!?

All of that while ignoring that we don't have anyone to replace him. 

Don't fvcking deflect that once again with my definition of minimal which is irrelevant.

Address the fvcking point im making coward. You deflected it 4-5 times already

Edited by SterioDesign

2 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Absolutely love the Devils Twitter, referencing the Taylor Hall trade like we always do here:

Thank god for the Hammond deal!! I was beginning to think we were irrelevant here on TDL.  Maybe someday soon we'll actually be in the mix where this day carries the excitement and possibilities it does for teams looking forward to closing gaps or just bettering their lineups going into the playoffs. Remember those?

and of course Gillies can pi$$ off but, yay?

Turn the page, burn the tapes on this season (again). Maybe next season will bring change.

Edited by titans04

14 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

You said you didn't want maximum return on a guy who's at the top of his value because you believe he's the losing thread in the last few years. You said that. And you believe that'd be a good move to cut tie with him and not get full value for him because it's better for the culture of the team. That's your argument. Is it or is it not?!?

All of that while ignoring that we don't have anyone to replace him. 

Don't fvcking deflect that once again with my definition of minimal which is irrelevant.

Address the fvcking point im making coward. You deflected it 4-5 times already

That was the point I had made. That was not the point you had made in response to me re: building a team.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1

I used to love to post in here and read the opinions, but I agree with a previous post… this forum is the same 3 or 4 guys arguing about everything and being cool using v in place of u. Used to be a cool place for an out of town guy to follow the team. I checked in here to see if we moved Zacha and for who and see, like the Devils, nothing has changed. 

• Like 3

16 minutes ago, SC Devs Fan said:

I used to love to post in here and read the opinions, but I agree with a previous post… this forum is the same 3 or 4 guys arguing about everything and being cool using v in place of u. Used to be a cool place for an out of town guy to follow the team. I checked in here to see if we moved Zacha and for who and see, like the Devils, nothing has changed. 

We've always been a bunch of a$$holes

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

That Blackwood comment is… interesting. Definitely some frustration there, and I can understand why. Not sure if it’s directed at Blackwood or the trainers or the injury in general

I’m wondering if they are annoyed that he’s still out. Comes off that way to me. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m wondering if they are annoyed that he’s still out. Comes off that way to me. 

Kinda feels like both sides are annoyed with each other, in general.  We’ll see if they’re able to resolve this. I get the feeling Blackwood’s on his way out.  

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Kinda feels like both sides are annoyed with each other, in general.  We’ll see if they’re able to resolve this. I get the feeling Blackwood’s on his way out.  

If these reports are accurate, it does seem that way. 

2 hours ago, devlman said:

That was the point I had made. That was not the point you had made in response to me re: building a team.

Yeah it was. The only reason a good team builder would consider trading Severson at the top of his value at the moment is ONLY because he'd be getting an incredible return that you can't turn down or if he knows the player want to leave. Then you deal with the problems it can bring. Problems is, leaving a giant hole at that position for the rest of the season + next season. You're simply NOT a better team without  no actual NHL dmen on the right side on your second and third pairing.

Your stance was to get rid of a guy because to you think he was the losing thread of the team in the last few seasons, bad for the culture of the team. And you wouldn't even want to get a fair return for him. You just want him gone. Addition by substraction. Completely ignoring the giant hole it would leave.

So in short, it appears like you value the team "culture" more than the actual team structure, common sense asset management and personal. 

That's an entire point about how not to build a team, that you keep ignoring. 

Edited by SterioDesign

2 hours ago, SC Devs Fan said:

I can't stand posts like these and they just come across so whiny and immature.  Maybe I have too much time on my hands, but I've actually "fact-checked" gameday threads (among others) to see the activity and find out if it really is the same few people posting over and over again, and that just simply isn't the case.  Not by a long shot.  Is this community small?  Sure.  (Frankly, that's what I like about it).  Does this forum have a half dozen or a dozen guys that post more frequently than others?  Yes, no doubt.  But contrary to yours or anyone else's belief, this community still has several dozen posters who contribute on a regular basis.  They may not spend every waking moment here, because it's 2022 not 2000 where the internet was new and people spent days on end in chat rooms.  And, more likely, people here are older and have lives/commitments outside of this forum; but the fact of the matter is, despite the Devils INSANELY bad record of the past several years, people still flock here and post on a regular basis.  How do I know that?  Because even though I'm a regular poster here myself, I frequently have to look at the authors of various posts and topics and catch myself up to speed on who said what, because there are just too many people here for me to always remember everything. If there were only a few people here as you describe, it'd be much easier for me to keep track of it.

I'm an out-of-towner myself and I still consider this place to be the absolute best place to talk and catch up on Devils hockey.  Where else am I going to turn?  Local media is obviously out.  Facebook sucks.  I don't want to read random blogs or pay for articles.  I actually DO listen to WFAN on TV and radio daily, but they don't talk much hockey, much less the Devils.  Instead, I'd much rather come here, at my leisure, and converse with people who have the same passion as me.  Do people argue and bitch sometimes?  Of course.  That's life my friend.  Personally, I embrace that - the way I look at it is, if someone has a different opinion than me about a certain player or even just some issue or topic in general, I can't wait to hear their side of the story to either A) understand why I might be wrong or change my opinion on the matter, or B ) further articulate why I believe I'm right and feel the way I do.  But I don't get all bent out of shape and complain that there's only a few people here arguing about nonsense, because that just simply isn't cool.

I'm not one to wish people away from this place, but seriously, if you're gonna complain and you hate this place so much.... there's the door -->

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Basically, no one wanted PK.  Not shocked even a little...league knows he's just about finished.

P.K. is a bit of a mystery to me.  He's clearly been underwhelming in his time here, but is he truly washed up and finished?  Reason I question it is because the guy isn't exactly over the hill yet (32, soon to be 33), and he isn't slow.  What are his biggest drawbacks?  He misses the net too often, and he's not at sharp defensively as he used to be or could be.  But can those things be fixed/improved?  I would argue quite possibly yes, with better coaching of course (something we hope/expect to have soon anyway).  Not to mention this team needs at least SOME veteran presence to mentor the young guys.  So while I wouldn't exactly be sad or surprised to see P.K. leave, perhaps offering him a short and inexpensive deal to re-sign next year wouldn't be the worst thing.

Thoughts?