Beijing Winter Olympics Thread 2022

Chimaira_Devil_#9

11 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Depends what you are getting back. Slafkovsky might be out of our reach now unless we win the lottery with his Olympic performance. 

He's projected right where we're at at the moment so we'll see how this is affecting his rankings and how we play for the rest of the season. 

13 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Depends what you are getting back. Slafkovsky might be out of our reach now unless we win the lottery with his Olympic performance. 

He is. May be team needs in centers can help(Montreal, Arizona, even Ottawa), but I think Seattle can draft Juraj easy. As a winger for their future center Beniers. 

Edited by Guadana

17 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

He's projected right where we're at at the moment so we'll see how this is affecting his rankings and how we play for the rest of the season. 

He is going to be moving up the board after this. He is outperforming players like Benniers and McTavish , who by no means were bad in this Olympic games, at a younger age. 

Unless you mean the Devil's are projected to slide right to the bottom of the pile. In which case , yes I agree 🤣

13 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

He is going to be moving up the board after this. He is outperforming players like Benniers and McTavish , who by no means were bad in this Olympic games, at a younger age. 

Unless you mean the Devil's are projected to slide right to the bottom of the pile. In which case , yes I agree 🤣

meant both really lol i think he's going to move up but that we'll also move down so we should stay right with him haha

16 hours ago, Satans Hockey said:

Much like most of the Olympic hockey the coverage by NBC blows, half the sh!t they say is gonna be on isn't even on. The Finland vs Slovakia game was scheduled to be on USA and instead they bumped it to peacock even though the guide says Finland vs Slovakia. 

You can stream all events using the NBC sports app, no need to sign up with peacock

4 hours ago, eaglejelly said:

You can stream all events using the NBC sports app, no need to sign up with peacock

I had already missed the 1st period cause I was dvring the game cause unless I can fast forward the bs in a quick manner I wasn't gonna watch anyway. 

I just have a bigger problem with them changing their programing last minute on TV, saw a few people complaining cause this is what they were showing instead... 

When someone tells you "I tired of drafting blahblahblah we need to trade blahblah" and another whining stuff - You can send him to go fvck himself.

SLafkovsky scores another goal. It`s will be really hard for the Devils to draft him, I think his rankings go higher and higher, but this is what is goin on when you draft by top picks. Sometimes it`s Zacha, but more often it`s a players with top-3 upside. 

Edited by Guadana

Good game. Congratulations to finnish fans if there are some of them.
Finland did score 2 "screen" goals. This atribute is lost in russian hockey system(I watching some of KHL, VHL and MHL games regullary). Hope russian hockey officials will made right conclusions. 
That was a great tourney of dog fighters. 
Gritsyuk was good, especially in the final game. He said he wants to mature before NHL. It`s good for him. KHL is nuch better stronger league than AHL, and top-6 role there is good for his development. He said he wants take advantage of the experience of Kaprisov.

8 hours ago, Guadana said:

Gritsyuk was good, especially in the final game. He said he wants to mature before NHL. It`s good for him. KHL is nuch better stronger league than AHL, and top-6 role there is good for his development. He said he wants take advantage of the experience of Kaprisov.

I’m really encouraged by Gritsyuk’s progress this season. How much longer do you think he has before he’ll come over to the NHL? 

• Like 1

That was the final and outcome I expected. I really enjoyed the tournament. But still really hoping we can see NHL players in 4 years time. It's stupid that that World Championship's in the summer will have more NHL players than an Olympics. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m really encouraged by Gritsyuk’s progress this season. How much longer do you think he has before he’ll come over to the NHL? 

He has another year of contract, and then - as it turns out, how they will negotiate with Avangard and how the conversation with Fitz will take place. We will keep the rights  for many more years. There's no need to worry about that. I would fully expect that Gritsyuk could sign another contract for one, or maybe two years, in order to burn his ELC to the maximum. And gain experience and physics.

I`m very big fan of hockey and watch a lot of hockey, different leagues, different tournaments. No nhl players, tourney is sh--t is another example of limited thinking. This is not Canada NHL Olympic team, but the top teams could easily be playoff team on nhl level. There a lot of interesting coaching movements, different tactics movements etc. But who cars, we didn`t know nakes of these players, someone from NHL and don`t play there now. Of course, this is your right. No one disputes this. But is it reasonable, is it fair? Of course not.

This is an interesting intense hockey tournament, in which there are a lot of hard-working professionals and talented young players who scrape out victories for themselves on every meter of the ice. In NHL Olympic games teams lookin at how Canada controls the puck and ice with an overabundance of talent. Is Canada the best team? Sure. Absolutely. Is it interesting to watch these matches? Absolutely not. Easy mode for dream team. If the Russian national team or the US National Team went to this Olympics with the NHL team, it would not be interesting. Every Olympic games with NHL players is boring story. Only games between Usa, Russia, Finland and Sweden mean something. At the same time, the same Finland without NHL players beat national teams with NHL players. Because there is an interesting coaching approach. And it is interesting to study it. To watch and like it. And it's interesting to watch such games. But wait? There are no cool famous actors on this poster - I will not go to this movie. Yeah, yeah, I get it.

16 minutes ago, MB3 said:

what a weird argument. i don’t watch the olympics for exciting competition between lesser teams; if i wanted to do that I’d tune into an AHL game (which is still more talented than any of these national teams). 

I want to watch the best in the world compete. If it’s not that, it’s a waste of time and a tournament with an asterisk.

Yeah, yeah, I get it. Still more talented. This is your next great joke. In which you weren't kidding. Man, you are good as a person, but really bad in estimation of hockey. 
It`s not that bad. Let`s go, Devils, anyway! Let's just put it down to the difference of views.

41 minutes ago, MB3 said:

The gold-medal winning Finland had 4 or 5 (??) former NHLers. Their best defenseman was Vatanen, who couldn’t find a single team to even give him an AHL contract. Their best forward was Filppula, who hasn’t played in the NHL in two years and currently plays for his hometown team. 

If it’s true that the talent level of the AHL is, on average, stronger than the talent level of the KHL (it’s widely agreed upon that the KHL has a few stars, but an average KHL team would get mopped by an average AHL team), and these Olympic teams were made up of (at best?!) 60% KHLers, yes I think that an AHL team could’ve gone to the Olympics and medaled. 

That is fun =-D Are you trying to use your conjectures, special cases of specific players and just "names" to evaluate the merits of the team and the work of the coaches? Please stop. AHL is a good league for youth development, but it is not even close in terms of hockey density and competence level to the best Euro leagues.
Your KHL - AHL argument is absolutely falls There are three, may be four KHL teams who are below AHL avarage level. Kunlun, Admiral, Dynamo Riiga(very questionable), may be Sochi. Other than that... man. Cmon. It is not even close. Teams like CSKA, Dynamo, Traktor, Metallurgh or SKA will rape your AHL proudness. I know you want to think that way and your little expirience of watching any league other than NHL can`t help you. You sound like a cartoony redneck from a parody movie right now. European professional leages pursue other goals. It`s a win or lose hockey. Not a developing league. If you are not met with players and hockey, if you didn`t watch games of the tournament, euro leagues etc. How you even try to rank. Hartikainen and Manninen were one of the leaders of Finland, not Fillpula. Lehtonen was one of their best defenseman. Not Vatanen.

I admire the power of your bubble =-D Oh, my God, It's going to be especially funny now.

You are trying to dispute where you are crazy incompitent. You used absolutely terrifying "arguments" for yourself. Jalonen did won WC 2019 with EURO roster. FInland has won their games against Russia with Malkin, Kuznetsov, Ovechkin, Sergachyov, Kucherov, Kaprisov etc. Finland has won their game against Sweden with Pettersson, Landeskog, Ekholm, Klinberg, Markstrom\Lundqvist, W Nylander etc. Finland has won their game against Canada with  Nurse, Stone, Chabot, Marchessault, Dubois, Couturier  etc. That's the answer to all your hypothetical arguments.

You're in a puddle. 

Edited by Guadana

2 hours ago, Guadana said:

He has another year of contract, and then - as it turns out, how they will negotiate with Avangard and how the conversation with Fitz will take place. We will keep the rights  for many more years. There's no need to worry about that. I would fully expect that Gritsyuk could sign another contract for one, or maybe two years, in order to burn his ELC to the maximum. And gain experience and physics.

I’m glad we have his rights for a while. That was also something I was curious about. 

Edited by MadDog2020

6 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I’m glad we have his rights for a while. That was also something I was curious  about. 

If he wants to play for the NHL he has to sign with us. 
https://www.eliteprospects.com/player/70442/artur-gavrus Gavrus is 28 yo and we still retain the rights to this player. This is how it is workin with Russian players. This is anti fox\ anti kerfoot \ anti butcher situation. 

Edited by Guadana
  • Like 1

Can't remember if I posted this in this thread or not , but the reason I love the Olympics is because the sport I love becomes readily accessible to the people I know. My friends and family actually watch games and talk to me about hockey. It's on national TV for free. So it's a nice change for me. This place is where I get 95% of my hockey talk in and the other 5% is probably Twitter. So you guys are basically my lifeline. 🤣

I think more people would take note and enjoy it from a casual perspective if all the NHL names were there. You have to really like hockey to have got anything out of the games this year (not saying if you didn't watch it this year you don't really like hockey btw, before anyone takes that the wrong way). I understand why people wouldn't want to watch on here, especially with the NHL being in progress. 

I feel it's unfair to base the quality of the tournament on who had the most ex NHLers. Having followed the KHL more closely over the last two years there are a lot of good players over there who are exciting to watch. Also there were a number of players who will be NHL players in the near future, so it's a bit of a flawed argument. 

But at the same time I don't think an Olympics with NHL players would be boring. I would love to see how far teams like Germany have come one now with Draisaitl, Stutzle and Seidre in their ranks. Nico playing for the Swiss team. All that would be a lot of fun. 

Anyway , there is 4 years now to see what happens.