GDT: Devils @ St. Louis 8:00 PM MSG+2

MadDog2020

9 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I know it’s 2 empty nets but last time the Devils had 2 straight games with 7 goals?? I’m guessing maybe CR1976 will know that one

Lol not without looking it up, but I can’t think of a single time, honestly.

In Fla so I didn’t get to see this one at all…yeah two ENGs make the final score misleading, but did the Devils play well last night?  Nice to see Nico with some more points…it’s funny with him, whenever fans start to get on him, he goes on a nice run…and whenever those same fans start to warm up to him, he either goes into a funk, or winds up getting injured.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

18 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Lol not without looking it up, but I can’t think of a single time, honestly.

In Fla so I didn’t get to see this one at all…yeah two ENGs make the final score misleading, but did the Devils play well last night?  Nice to see Nico with some more points…it’s funny with him, whenever fans start to get on him, he goes on a nice run…and whenever those same fans start to warm up to he, he either goes into a funk, or winds up getting injured.  

What if he asked how many times in the last 82 games? You always seem to know everything that happened in the last 82 games!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

11 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I know it’s 2 empty nets but last time the Devils had 2 straight games with 7 goals?? I’m guessing maybe CR1976 will know that one

So of course I had to look this up…the Devils first did it (as the Devils, didn’t check the Rockies or Scouts), in 1985-86, first against the Red Wings on 3/6, and again vs the Flyers 3/8.  Of course, much different era back then…that wasn’t a good Devils team, but they scored 7 or more goals 7 times that season…among those games was a 9-7 win over the Isles, and a 8-7 win over the Blackhawks. 

They did it again the following season, in October (8-6 over the Pens, then 7-6 over the Isles in OT).

Also in 1994, in February…7-3 wins over the Pens and Canucks. 

• Like 1

40 minutes ago, MB3 said:

"TVs have better views than the press box" lmao go fvck yourself.

humm... I'm not sure what's go fvck yourself'able in that statement? It's objectively true

That's what they see. While on tv we can see slow motions and super zoomed in plays. And you can still see better on tv than on the jumbotron

Maybe i don't get the sense of that remark or maybe that's just hating on Amanda cause it's the cool thing to do, i dunno lol 

cut.thumb.jpg.84143a5ef59d645755c25414b19784bd.jpg

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

humm... I'm not sure what's go fvck yourself'able in that statement? It's objectively true

That's what they see. While on tv we can see slow motions and super zoomed in plays. And you can still see better on tv than on the jumbotron

Maybe i don't get the sense of that remark or maybe that's just hating on Amanda cause it's the cool thing to do, i dunno lol 

cut.thumb.jpg.84143a5ef59d645755c25414b19784bd.jpg

Oh stop. You can see who is on the bench from the press box. If you can’t, then maybe the job ain’t for you.

25 minutes ago, devlman said:

Oh stop. You can see who is on the bench from the press box. If you can’t, then maybe the job ain’t for you.

Well im not debating if that's a good excuse or not. I'm saying that her statement is factual haha

Edited by SterioDesign

9 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I’m just replying. He plays devils advocate regardless of whether or not he’s got even the tiniest idea of what he’s talking about.

Except I do lol

I said her statement was true that you get better views from TV. It's just factual. 

No matter where you're sitting in an arena. You're restrained to that one location plus wtv you can get on the jumbotron. You get one angle from wtv distance you're at, you'll see some part of the ice better and other parts not so much. If you're behind a net. You sure can't see much on the other end. On tv you can get all the best angles, replays, zoom, slow motions, rewinds, get different broadcast, etc etc the whole "home team is attacking on this side for 2 periods" is a thing for a reason. You don't have to worry about that on TV.

You being able to tell what some players are drinking doesn't change anything about any of this. I know you don't like it but you're wrong.

Yours truly,

- Nitwit

Edited by SterioDesign

3 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Except I do lol

I said her statement was true that you get better views from TV. It's just factual. 

No matter where you're sitting in an arena. You're restrained to that one location plus wtv you can get on the jumbotron. You get one angle from wtv distance you're at, you'll see some part of the ice better and other parts not so much. If you're behind a net. You sure can't see much on the other end. On tv you can get all the best angles, replays, zoom, slow motions, rewinds, get different broadcast, etc etc the whole "home team is attacking on this side for 2 periods" is a thing for a reason. You don't have to worry about that on TV.

You being able to tell what some players are drinking doesn't change anything about any of this. I know you don't like it but you're wrong.

Yours truly,

- Nitwit

Whether or not the view from the press box is worse than tv is besides the point. The point is she could clearly see who was on the bench and instead acted like she needed a tv angle - likely to hide the fact that she had no idea what happened to Bratt.

Edited by devlman

4 hours ago, MB3 said:

In the context of "is xxxxx on the bench", it is incomparable the difference between TV -- where you're relying on a wide-pan of the players bench which happens once a period maybe, and the press box where you can just use your god-given eyeballs to say "he isn't there". 

I am making an assumption that I've seen more NHL hockey games than you have, likely by a factor of 20-to-1. I'm making the statement that my season seats from 230 were so close to the press box we could hear the in-box announcements for penalties and goals, and we could look up and see the same televisions they were watching their goal replays on. My company takes us to 3-4 Panthers games per year in the "LIV Suite" (or whatever they've renamed it to this year) which is literally ABOVE the press boxes in Sunrise, And I'm telling you that, had she been doing her job for one millisecond, she wouldn't need to resort to being her typical sassy insufferable self.

But now as I write that out, y'all two might be perfect for eachother.

2 hours ago, devlman said:

Whether or not the view from the press box is worse than tv is besides the point. The point is she could clearly see who was on the bench and instead acted like she needed a tv angle - likely to hide the fact that she had no idea what happened to Bratt.

See, i never once suggested that what she said was a good excuse. I agree that it's a lame excuse, but what she said is still factual on its own, which is what ive been explaining objectively. I mean I literally typed out that i was NOT debating if that was a good excuse or not. If you ignored that, not my fault.

37 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

See, i never once suggested that what she said was a good excuse. I agree that it's a lame excuse, but what she said is still factual on its own, which is what ive been explaining objectively. I mean I literally typed out that i was NOT debating if that was a good excuse or not. If you ignored that, not my fault.

Because you questioned why someone would get mad at her tweet. If you agree the tweet was the lousy excuse that it was then why did you say you didn’t understand why somebody would criticize her?

Now you’re trying to pretend this was all some misunderstanding about you commenting on what view is factual or not from the press box lol.

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Because you questioned why someone would get mad at her tweet. If you agree the tweet was the lousy excuse that it was then why did you say you didn’t understand why somebody would criticize her?

Now you’re trying to pretend this was all some misunderstanding about you commenting on what view is factual or not from the press box lol.

Well i made it clear what i was saying and not saying, i replied directly to you too. I'm not pretending anything. if you're asking these questions and framing them that way. It's a proof you actually didn't understand. Ironic. "lol"