GDT: Vancouver @ Devils 7:30 PM MSG+ Battle of the Hughes Bros

MadDog2020

One small request of the Devils:

You have two nights off after tomorrow.  Don’t start Gillies please.  Let’s see how the kid handles back-to-back games. 

• Like 3

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Do you even know his age? Cause i don't think you can make such a statement without knowing someone's age... or something

I can say that he sucks now, and I hope he gets better in the future. 

1 minute ago, Bonginator11 said:

We need to can this PA guy. He’s awful and doesn’t make me want to cheer at all. It was a nice cute experiment to use a fan as a PA guy but it’s time to get a professional.

I cannot stand it either, even through the tv lol.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, Bonginator11 said:

We need to can this PA guy. He’s awful and doesn’t make me want to cheer at all. It was a nice cute experiment to use a fan as a PA guy but it’s time to get a professional.

I would accept literally anyone else.

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, devlman said:

Boqvist abused Quinn all game. He has looked better and better going back to last season. 

Defense looked good defensively without Smith.

Especially on his goal. 

They say that if you don’t notice a defenseman it’s a good thing, and I don’t really have a bad thing to say about any of them tonight. Smith’s absence was noted for sure. 

6 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Especially on his goal. 

They say that if you don’t notice a defenseman it’s a good thing, and I don’t really have a bad thing to say about any of them tonight. Smith’s absence was noted for sure. 

He should be sent to Utica. Maybe the real coaches there can fix what these guys can clearly not do. Before he’s mentally ruined. 

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I would accept literally anyone else.

I gotta admit, I barely notice him, but I wonder if it’s just an unconscious blocking on my part.  

I wonder how a guy like him improves (assuming he’s even aware that fans aren’t feeling him)?  He can change how he delivers some of his lines I guess, but his voice kinda is what it is.  

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I gotta admit, I barely notice him, but I wonder if it’s just an unconscious blocking on my part.  

I wonder how a guy like him improves (assuming he’s even aware that fans aren’t feeling him)?  He can change how he delivers some of his lines I guess, but his voice kinda is what it is.  

He won’t improve, he will suck the rest of this season and will hopefully be replaced for next year. 

Just like that, Daws has a .918 save% as a Devils.  Yes, it’s absolutely minuscule sample stuff.  But it’s a lot better than the sub-.900 save%s we’ve seen from just about everyone else.

No Devil had more than two points tonight…nice balance.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 4

Sharangovich with 11 points (5 G and 6 A) over his last 7 GP.

Nico with 32 points (13 G and 19 A) over his last 39 GP.  And staying healthy.  

Hard to believe, but somehow Zacha has managed to register 7 of the quietest points in his last 10 GP.

And Bo with 5 G and 3 A in his last 11 GP.  Would be a nice bonus if he can actually stick with the big club.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 3

58 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

One small request of the Devils:

You have two nights off after tomorrow.  Don’t start Gillies please.  Let’s see how the kid handles back-to-back games. 

100% this.  Daw has been playing great, keep the momentum going and let it be his net to lose - Lord knows we need consistent goaltending and you're not going to get that, especially from someone like Daws who doesn't have much experience at all, if you don't let the guy play.  Not to mention since he's so young he should have a bunch of energy and be able to play back to back games. I could understand resting an older veteran, but when I was in my early 20s I was hungry and eager to play as many games as I could.  

• Like 2

48 minutes ago, devlman said:

Defense looked good defensively without Smith.

I honestly forgot he wasn't out there tonight....that's a scary thing.  What a bad season it's been for him.  Is he hurt right now, or just (rightfully so) benched?  

• Like 1

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

I honestly forgot he wasn't out there tonight....that's a scary thing.  What a bad season it's been for him.  Is he hurt right now, or just (rightfully so) benched?  

Healthy scratch.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Btw Mercer is playing really well again since being paired up with Jack. Just a few weeks ago people were wanting him sent down to Utica. Nice to see him break through that rookie wall. 

great thing is we can send Mercer to the AHL for their playoffs. Imagine the boost that'd be giving them

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yep, plus it gives Mercer experience in big games. A win-win for everyone.

And it gives Mercer some experience with (hopefully) our coach for next season.

That being said... while i enjoy the wins and scoring recently. I'm legit worried that it's going to translate into our coaching staff remaining