GDT: Devils @ Columbus 7:00 PM ESPN+, Hulu

MadDog2020

I'm watching on my browser / computer. I was trying to figure out if i had either a podcast / videos or an ad playing in the background cause i kept hearing another conversation at the same time.

Just to realize this is in the feed. My god this is bad

1 minute ago, Fansinz88 said:

I’m not with that at all. Doc and Gary Thorne were phenomenal. Steve not even close. 

I didn’t like Steve at first but he’s gotten better over the years. But no one comes close to Doc. Gary was probably the closest in my book. 

I would take literally ANYONE over this crew

Just now, Fansinz88 said:

I’m not with that at all. Doc and Gary Thorne were phenomenal. Steve not even close. 

Comparing anyone to Doc is pretty unfair. Doc is the GOAT. I’ve had Center Ice since the mid 00’s so I’ve watched a lot of broadcasts over the years - and I assure you Cangi is pretty solid comparatively speaking. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

Comparing anyone to Doc is pretty unfair. Doc is the GOAT. I’ve had Center Ice since the mid 00’s so I’ve watched a lot of broadcasts over the years - and I assure you Cangi is pretty solid comparatively speaking. 

Compared to this stuff tonight Steve is a hall of famer. 

When Leah Hextall was hired to do NHL games, and seeing that she was really not great. I tried not to fall into the trap of thinking that she was just hired to promote a gender equality woke agenda by ESPN and not because she was the best person for the job. Again, there's many terrible play-by-play males. So i just choose to believe she just worked her way there on her own merit etc etc

But now.... the odds of having TWO women doing this and both being terrible. I really can't deny that this has to be about gender and not about getting the best people for the job.

Good on them for trying, i know the goal is to inspirer more girls to do it in the future and maybe they will do a good job in the future. But for now, the result sucks guys.

And its NOT to say women are bad at this and that males are better. There's just way less women interested in doing it so you get less good ones. As simple as that

Edited by SterioDesign