GDT: Devils @ Columbus 7:00 PM ESPN+, Hulu

MadDog2020

The fact that this fvcking franchise doesn’t have a 4 game win streak in 3 or 4 years, whatever the fvck it is, is just so beyond pathetic.  That is fvcking humiliating.  I don’t care if it’s not all the same players but that just shows they can’t build sh!t.  Fvck this defense and goaltending.

Not one question to Severson on his decision making on the fourth goal. Instead we get questions like ‘how good is it that so and so is playing with so much confidence?’ It’s insulting to fans.

Its like why even have a press conference? I’m certain there isnt a single soul alive that wants to hear the answers to these questions at this time. How hard is it to ask questions about a pivotal play in the game??

Edited by devlman
  • Like 4

Yeah i'm very very insulted that players i'm cheering for are not thrown under the bus publicly.

Instead I bet they'll do something silly like having a conversation in private and work with him on that so that he can get better. Pfffff how about my fvcking feelings?!?

6 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah i'm very very insulted that players i'm cheering for are not thrown under the bus publicly.

Instead I bet they'll do something silly like having a conversation in private and work with him on that so that he can get better. Pfffff how about my fvcking feelings?!?

I don’t need anyone thrown under the bus publicly either, it won’t solve much.  but whatever they are doing in private clearly is not working. His decision making seems to just get worse

• Like 1

8 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of media accountability.

Severson will get these questions when he's inevitably traded to a more serious hockey market.  He might as well start learning how to respond to these types of questions now.

• Like 2

20 minutes ago, Devilsfan118 said:

Nothing wrong with a bit of media accountability.

Severson will get these questions when he's inevitably traded to a more serious hockey market.  He might as well start learning how to respond to these types of questions now.

Yeah if he gets moved to say, Toronto- they don’t ask questions like who your favorite teacher was in 6th grade. Ice up son.

• Like 2

22 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Oh man… Severson being held accountable by Toronto media would be hilarious. 

If he makes the same kinds of "WTF?!" mistakes that he routinely makes here (and there seems to be at least one of them per game with him), I could see it getting pretty ugly for him up there in a hurry.  Even with the nice offensive numbers, he's as infuriating now as he's ever been.    

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I don’t need anyone thrown under the bus publicly either, it won’t solve much.  but whatever they are doing in private clearly is not working. His decision making seems to just get worse

For sure. But fans should at least admit they want that to happen for themselves cause they want blood when they are frustrated. To pretend its for "accountability" and for the best of the team is laughable lol 

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

For sure. But fans should at least admit they want that to happen for themselves cause they want blood when they are frustrated. To pretend its for "accountability" and for the best of the team is laughable lol 

Oh it’s definitely for our own satisfaction to some extent but I think another part of it is confirmation that the coaching staff is seeing this or acknowledging it. It’s mostly a selfish want as I’m sure the coaching staff (ok maybe not our coaching staff) is well aware of repeated bad plays 

46 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Oh it’s definitely for our own satisfaction to some extent but I think another part of it is confirmation that the coaching staff is seeing this or acknowledging it. It’s mostly a selfish want as I’m sure the coaching staff (ok maybe not our coaching staff) is well aware of repeated bad plays 

Well kudos to you for understanding and admitting this. Overall, eventhough i think they are bad (the coaching staff), they have to know, and Severson himself have to know too lol Any pro... anything... is always hard on themselves, that's how you get to that level. So they know. I mean even if it was brought up, we know we'd only get some typical cookie cutter answer like "we know we have to make better decision with the puck and play our game" bla bla bla. Which quite possibly would get fans just as angry to hear lol 

I mean, i don't believe for a second that the reason Bratt is dominating now is because he was called out once publicly by Ruff lol Obviously they worked on it and he got better. 

15 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

I think there's a pretty clear difference between throwing someone under the bus and just asking a factual and legitimate question about something that actually happened. It's called journalism and accountability. 

• Like 4

42 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I think there's a pretty clear difference between throwing someone under the bus and just asking a factual and legitimate question about something that actually happened. It's called journalism and accountability. 

Exactly. We ask players all the time about certain plays, what did they think about on a good pass, shot or read. Why is it forbidden to find out a player’s thought on a crucial play of the game involving them? 

• Like 1