GDT: 3/4/2022 Blowshirts @ Devils: Screw Those Wearing Blue

Colorado Rockies 1976

Dammit.

Enough Kid Ray please.  Not saying tonight was his fault…just enough with guys who are less than nothing (like this coaching staff).

Rangers do seem to find goalies…maybe one of these years the Devils can do the same.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Well that sucked. Shesterkin looked like prime Dominik Hasek tonight. Super frustrating. He’s officially a problem. 

Really good game for the original Nico though. Gorgeous goal, 7 SOG, and a couple nice defensive plays. Thought he looked great. 

We really need to move away from lumping Zacha in with the players who are kept around because of "fancy stats".

He was someone who produced well last season, despite poor advanced metrics. The "stat nerds" advocated for trading him at a potentially all time high value, while many of the rest of us (myself included) preferred to keep him around to build on his strong season. An example of how those stats can be useful, because that very well could have been Zacha's peak.

55 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Well that sucked. Shesterkin looked like prime Dominik Hasek tonight. Super frustrating. He’s officially a problem. 

Really good game for the original Nico though. Gorgeous goal, 7 SOG, and a couple nice defensive plays. Thought he looked great. 

It’s ok. He’s 26. He’ll only be a problem for the next decade or so, right around when Nas gets fired. 

5 hours ago, Devils Pride 26 said:

The Devils got out-goalied tonight. Whatever. But the constant self-inflicted goals, clueless d zone coverage, putrid gaps, bad forechecks, lack of picking up trailers, blind passes, is unacceptable.

Totally agree, and he wasn't perfect but I thought Daws had another game where he played above expectation. After the way the game started I expected a lot worse than what we got.

• Like 4

2 hours ago, NJDevils1214 said:

Totally agree, and he wasn't perfect but I thought Daws had another game where he played above expectation. After the way the game started I expected a lot worse than what we got.

Sharangovich has been playing better as of late but missing the net on 2 grade A chances can’t happen. Especially against that goaltender you have to bury chances. Not wing the net completely. 

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Fansinz88 said:

Sharangovich has been playing better as of late but missing the net on 2 grade A chances can’t happen. Especially against that goaltender you have to bury chances. Not wing the net completely. 

Well we said it enough about Marty. When he played well, guys would really try to pick corners and would miss the net. It goes both ways

• Like 1

1 hour ago, SterioDesign said:

Well we said it enough about Marty. When he played well, guys would really try to pick corners and would miss the net. It goes both ways

Yeah I didn’t have a problem with anything Yegor did last night. If you listened to Nico’s interview after his goal, he mentioned that he had tried to go five hole previously and Sh!tstork was getting down too fast, so he went high and picked the corner. 

You aren’t going to hit that shot every time, maybe not even half the time. 

• Like 1