2022 NFL Season Thread

Aaron "It's Always All About Me Me MEEE!" Rodgers to stay with the Packers (4 years and $200 million supposedly).  Is everyone else as sick of this guy as I am? 

Russell Wilson to the Broncos pending a physical and Wilson's approval.  

Aaron Rodgers, Packers agree to four-year deal as QB becomes highest-paid player in NFL history - CBSSports.com

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Yeah you know Rodgers was upset the Wilson trade broke minutes later and cut into his attention so he had to get all fake news truther about the contract details to keep up suspense lol

The Wilson trade, man I don’t blame the Broncos but at the same time that’s a rough division to be making a move in when Derek Carr off a rebound year is the fourth best QB in the division 

Broncos gave up a boatload...man Elway better be sure that he's got all of the pieces to be a SB contender.  

Wow…great day for the Bucs.  45-year-old Brady is better than any possible Plan B they could’ve come up with.  Also one more year that Arians gets to stay relevant.

Saw this coming. I’m pretty annoyed as Gronk has been saying he wanted to come play with Joe Burrow here in Cincinnati. We also were rumored to be all in on Ryan Jensen (their center), who I’m assuming will be staying put now. 

Only he knows but I get the feeling that “play until I’m 45” goal of his was simply too hard for him to walk away from.  That seemed to be very important to him.

Nothing all that Earth-shattering for the Pats so far...lost corner JC Jackson to the Chargers, dealt Winovich to the Browns for what appears to be a lesser player, signed QB Hoyer to a two-year deal...also signed James White to a two-year deal, Devin McCourty to a one-year deal, dealt Shaq Mason for a 5th-rounder.  Not going to make a big deal out of anything.  

Was listening to a Jets podcast yesterday...apparently there are some attitude issues with JC Jackson with some comparing him to a potential Trumaine Johnson type. Patriots must've seen him as a potential problem (who may drop off when he gets paid) down the line. 

On 3/18/2022 at 4:02 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

And now Watson supposedly traded to Cleveland (who were out on him supposedly lol) AND gets a new deal out of it.

I am very disappointed in that. The Browns released some ridiculous statement. As if they care about their female fans who are outraged by the acquisition of Watson. Come on. Cmfvckinon! 

I hope they lose a lot of games. 

2 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

For what we gave up and what we paid him, this dude better ball the fvck out and stay the fvck out of trouble. 

All Tua has to do is hit Hill on a slant and he can take it to the house. Plus they have Waddle as the deep threat. That's a dynamic duo that should dramatically improve their offense. 

Obviously, it's a lot to give up. But offense wasn't good enough for the Fins last year. They have a good defense and are capable of making the playoffs. 

• Like 1