2022 NFL Season Thread

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
35 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

We live in a world where a guy gets suspended 4 games for taking the air out of some footballs, but another guy who’s been accused of 24 sexual assaults only gets 6…

Strange times. 

And that was never really proven, re:  Brady and the footballs.  Inflated objects will lose some air in cold and nasty weather conditions (think when your tires need to be re-inflated after that first nightly cold snap in mid-late Fall).  Notice how His Arrogance refused to release any more air pressure findings afterwards.

Oh well, one guy has seven rings, the other made the front of a T-shirt in clownface.  

And yeah, Goodell's NFL just seems to make up disciplinary procedures as they go.  

So apparently the Dolphins got popped a first-round pick next year ostensibly for tampering with Brady and Sean Payton while the league and team took great pains to deny the tanking games story, and yet the wording of this report actually paints a somewhat different picture

2 hours ago, Muevelos said:

Bro MIA and WSH Organizations are so fkin whacked out. They make the sport look bad, feel for the fanbses. They need to oust these 2 owners.

Get rid of the Haslam’s while you’re at it. 

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Muevelos said:

True. The league won't, but Brady should be cracked down on aswell. 

They tend to go after the party who initiated the tampering, as opposed to the guy who was tampered with.  

25 minutes ago, Muevelos said:

I don't think Brady is innocent in any of this by any stretch. 

According to the below, it's on the franchises to report player-initiated tampering:  

2. Why Tom Brady avoided discipline for Dolphins drama

One of the main reasons Miami got penalized was its "impermissible communication" with Brady -- first while the quarterback played for the Patriots in 2019, and then again during and after the 2021 season, Brady's most recent with the Buccaneers. So why wasn't Brady disciplined for his own contact with Miami? Why shouldn't the star QB face penalties for engaging inquiries while playing for two other teams? It turns out NFL rules put the onus specifically on teams, not players, to report tampering. If Brady initiated contact, it was up to the Dolphins to inform the league. They did not.

Why Tom Brady escaped discipline in Dolphins tampering scandal, plus top camp trades of past 10 seasons - CBSSports.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Pats are definitely in for a long season.   It’s Buffalo’s and Miami’s division for the foreseeable future.

And when you think that Patricia and Judge are the guys to run your offense, your credibility takes a hit.  Sorry BB.

Mac did some good things today, and some not so good things.  Just sucks that he’s gotta a couple of incompetent buffoons attempting to “mold” him.  Hope they don’t wreck the kid before he even has a chance to fully develop.

And Mac limps off, looks like his left ankle took a big hit.  Season over (but it kinda already was, as far as any real playoff hopes go).  Things are quite a bit different when Brady’s not around to make a lot of people look good.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

You gotta be stoked MD2020.  I’m happy for you man, sincerely.  You’ve supported your team through a buttload of lean years…you deserve this.

Pats’ run is truly over.  The big question is when do they realize it and blow it up?  They can try to Band-Aid their way to 9 or 10 wins and WC berths, but that is so not the way to go.  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

You gotta be stoked MD2020.  I’m happy for you man, sincerely.  You’ve supported your team through a buttload of lean years…you deserve this.

Thanks man; still early, so I’m not going nuts just yet…. But this definitely feels different. Tough turnaround going against @Nicomo’s Bengals on the road on an ultra-short week this week, so I’m not expecting a win on Thursday night. Especially after such an emotionally and physically draining game against Buffalo (a game in which the defense was on the field for 90 plays). But if you told me we’d go 3-1 in the first four with a schedule of NE, @BAL, BUF, @CIN, I’d have signed for it and ran. 

• Like 1