2022 NFL Season Thread

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Thanks man; still early, so I’m not going nuts just yet…. But this definitely feels different. Tough turnaround going against @Nicomo’s Bengals on the road on an ultra-short week this week, so I’m not expecting a win on Thursday night. Especially after such an emotionally and physically draining game against Buffalo (a game in which the defense was on the field for 90 plays). But if you told me we’d go 3-1 in the first four with a schedule of NE, @BAL, BUF, @CIN, I’d have signed for it and ran. 

Idk what to expect for Thursday night tbh. Our defense has been really good all 3 games so far, but Burrow played the worst 2 games of his career to start the season, and our newly re-built OL is still a work in progress. They did look much better against the Jets  though.

I’m hoping for a shootout between probably the 2 best WR groups in the league, but watch it be a low scoring defensive type game lol. 

Everything good with Tua btw? That was some scary stuff when got a little wobbly yesterday. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Everything good with Tua btw? That was some scary stuff when got a little wobbly yesterday. 

He’s got back and ankle soreness, so he will be listed on the injury report. As far as yesterday goes, Tua said he wobbled because of his back, which he injured previously in the game on a QB sneak. I believe him, because he was kneeling in the huddle the entire game after that, which he normally never does. It obviously looked like a concussion at first, but he passed concussion protocol and played the second half. He is also not in concussion protocol this week. So he should hopefully be good to go for Thursday, but it is a short week. 

• Like 1

It's shameful all around what happened to Tua...players are always going to try to downplay their own injuries, especially ones who are trying to prove they can stay healthy over a full season but when you have what happened Sunday happen, the Dolphins and the NFL have to be the adults in the room here.  ESPECIALLY with the damn Thursday game three nights later.

9 hours ago, Nicomo said:

Good game, @MadDog2020.

I’m not a religious man, but I’m sending positive thoughts out there for Tua. They just said on the broadcast he’s being discharged from the hospital, so that’s good. 

Valiant effort by Teddy, tonight too. 

Thanks buddy. Thankfully Tua was discharged and traveled home with the team. But that whole scene was terrifying. Just glad he is okay. 

• 2 weeks later...
9 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The Dolphins refusal to protect Tua has broken the league judging by two of the worst roughing the passer calls in history the last two days

Yeah I know the Dolphins are at fault for everything, even when fvcking doctors and the league and the PA all said protocol was followed. And then of course some Jet fan spotter got Bridgewater out, so congrats on that. 

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

Yeah I know the Dolphins are at fault for everything, even when fvcking doctors and the league and the PA all said protocol was followed. And then of course some Jet fan spotter got Bridgewater out, so congrats on that. 

That was the excuse for the Sunday he initially got hurt, but then they doubled down on the back nonsense and sent him out there four days later when everyone in America had seen the video

The Bridgewater thing was just more overcompensation nonsense from the league along with the Brady and Carr ‘roughing’ calls 

Edited by NJDevs4978

2 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

That was the excuse for the Sunday he initially got hurt, but then they doubled down on the back nonsense and sent him out there four days later when everyone in America had seen the video

The Bridgewater thing was just more overcompensation nonsense from the league along with the Brady and Carr ‘roughing’ calls 

I’m glad you at least see the ridiculousness of the Bridgewater situation lol

On 10/12/2022 at 11:40 AM, NJDevs4978 said:

Guess we were both wrong on Bridgewater

I think if I understand it correctly, the new protocols dictate that if the spotter removes you from the game, you can’t participate in football activities again until the following Thursday at the earliest, regardless of anything. It’s so dumb. So he should be cleared by Sunday to backup Thompson. The new protocols have some major flaws.

• Shocking 1

• 2 weeks later...

OK Bill can you not fvck around and just roll with Zappe for now?  

The Genius has his hands full with Fields tonight.  A bit different when Brady’s not around to cover up.  Maybe Zappe can help in that regard.  

Didn't expect to see that. Normally the Patriots stomp all over Chicago. Though now I'm less optimistic heading into Jets/New England on Halloween eve (Goosy Night...or Mischief Night?) Because rarely do you see back to back eggs laid by Belichick teams. And he absolutely relishes sticking it to the Jets...especially now with people surely starting to count them out and all the pressure building on the Jets. This is setting up to be such a disappointment. Zach Wilson not playing particularly well...no Vera-Tucker. This is going to be an enormously tough game for the Jets

• Like 1

I think the Jets win this pretty easily.  BB has jumped the shark…first grabbing at straws with Puppetricia and Judge, then the whole “No the plan was to start Mac and then bring in Zappe and THEN go back to Mac but since we were getting killed I decided not to.”  He’s out of answers.  His D had nothing.  

19 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The Pats might steal this damn division again if the Bills keep fvcking around...but then again there are the Dolphins too, they look good with Tua.

No way…Pats are not that good.  They win 8 or 9 games by season’s end.

• 1 month later...

Well Pats firmly established themselves as frauds tonight.  May not win another game this year.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976