2022 NFL Season Thread

9 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I was just gonna come here and ask CR to explain to me why the everloving fvck Bill would do the lateral play in a TIE at the end of REGULATION…as if you’re losing the game or you can’t beat the lousy Raiders in OT

Basically Meyers went rogue…that was not a drawn-up play…he admitted that he was trying to be a hero and made an awful decision.  

• 3 weeks later...
On 11/6/2022 at 4:31 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

No way…Pats are not that good.  They win 8 or 9 games by season’s end.

Yep, pretty much what I expected.  They’re not good.  Just another meh team.

I’d really like to see them blow this up, which is why I think it’s time to move on from BB, because much like Lou at the end, I think he’ll just keep continuing to Band-Aid, with the mediocre results such an approach leads to.  I also think a guy who brings Patricia and Judge in to run his offense is completely out of answers.  It’s simply time for a change.  

It does remind me of the Cory Devils a little in that it's not like they're getting blown out, they're in every game...with just enough of an illusion that one or two more moves and you can contend again.

If Bill really wants to try and contend though, get a real offensive coordinator.  Jones regressed this year, I think he's salvageable into at least being an Alex Smith-type but you're not gonna have a real offense with a bunch of third receivers and defensive guys calling plays.

Houston blowing the top pick with two fourth and forever conversions and a two-pointer is one of the most hilarious things I've seen all year...it's one thing to lose the top pick just winning the game, but to do it THAT way?  Man, I was annoyed enough when Adam Gase beat the 9-4 Rams with an 0-13 team, but there was still a couple weeks left then, not a couple minutes...

Edited by NJDevs4978

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yep, pretty much what I expected.  They’re not good.  Just another meh team.

I’d really like to see them blow this up, which is why I think it’s time to move on from BB, because much like Lou at the end, I think he’ll just keep continuing to Band-Aid, with the mediocre results such an approach leads to.  I also think a guy who brings Patricia and Judge in to run his offense is completely out of answers.  It’s simply time for a change.  

I allowed myself to briefly entertain the idea of the Bengals getting the 2 seed when I saw you guys had a lead at one point. Can’t believe they gave up 2 kickoff returns. Ugh 

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I allowed myself to briefly entertain the idea of the Bengals getting the 2 seed when I saw you guys had a lead at one point. Can’t believe they gave up 2 kickoff returns. Ugh 

They had their chances at 14-14…Mac threw a pick in the red zone, then the Pats managed to get the ball right back, then only a field goal to go up 17-14, then the second kickoff return that put the Bills up 21-17.  I knew the Pats were toast right there.

I really hope BB simply retires, because it’s getting very ugly very quickly.  This year’s team was so many things that his Brady-led teams were not.  I don’t see it getting better with a now-70-year-old BB sticking around.  If he thinks he has one more SB in him with another franchise that’s close to winning, I can perhaps see one last gasp at greatness that way.  But it’s as over as it gets in New England.  And like I’ll always say, there’s no shame in that.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

15 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

I don’t think Belichick is going anywhere. He wants Shula’s record. 

He can still get it somewhere else.  It’s not like he spent his whole head coaching career in NE anyway.  But the Pats look more than iffy enough that BB may need to coach three more seasons to break it, if he stays.  And I don’t believe that he should get to stick around for as long as he wants at the expense of the franchise.

Head coaches rarely stay with one team for SO long.  It’s ok for both parties to move on…I saw nothing at all this season to suggest sticking with BB would be the right move, and a good chunk of that falls on him.  Matt Patricia and Joe Judge to be the guys to run your offense AND attempt to further develop your second-year QB?  A complete inability to put together a decent receiving corps?  Guys do find new lives with new teams and new opportunities…it absolutely could happen for BB elsewhere.  I just think he’s finally run his course in NE.  I don’t want to see it get any uglier for him than it’s already getting.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Muevelos said:

BB confirmed he'll be back in NE next season. 

Yeah saw that.  Better get a real OC this year Bill.  You basically wasted a year of everyone’s time this season with that crap.

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah saw that.  Better get a real OC this year Bill.  You basically wasted a year of everyone’s time this season with that crap.

Probably better off if BB stops playing the GM role as well and just simply coaches. 

Edited by Muevelos
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
1 hour ago, Jerrydevil said:

Ask and you shall receive. 

Obviously still one of the all-time greats but a shame that he went out on a whimper.  Even during the 2021-22 season he was damned good...he could've just stuck to his original retirement plan and it would've been "OK, he wanted to defend Tampa's Super Bowl win, didn't get it done, but that's OK, we get it."

Everything about this past season just felt wrong...hey, Tampa was willing to bring him back, and it's his right to keep playing if someone's willing to employ him...hopefully whatever he needed, he got out of this lackluster final season, and can now move on.  

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Obviously still one of the all-time greats but a shame that he went out on a whimper.  Even during the 2021-22 season he was damned good...he could've just stuck to his original retirement plan and it would've been "OK, he wanted to defend Tampa's Super Bowl win, didn't get it done, but that's OK, we get it."

Everything about this past season just felt wrong...hey, Tampa was willing to bring him back, and it's his right to keep playing if someone's willing to employ him...hopefully whatever he needed, he got out of this lackluster final season, and can now move on.  

By Tom Brady standards, he fell off. But he wasn't TOO horrible this year. I enjoyed watching his career as much as I could as a Jets fan, LOL. A special athlete, truly.

49 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

By Tom Brady standards, he fell off. But he wasn't TOO horrible this year. I enjoyed watching his career as much as I could as a Jets fan, LOL. A special athlete, truly.

It was like watching a former .340 hitter hit .275 or so...yeah, the numbers definitely weren't bad (and in today's NFL almost every QB puts up at least decent numbers...you don't see too many "AAAAAAA that is SO bad!" numbers anymore, really), but you just knew that his best days were now definitively behind him.  And what's sad is that it wasn't until last year that you could really say that, because outside of not winning a championship, his second-to-last season was very much a terrific one...and a great note to have gone out on.

Yeah this last year doesn't tarnish anything and I'm not trying to imply that it possibly could...just sucks that a guy who could've gone out at the top of his game just to hang on that one last year.  So many of them do.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah this last year doesn't tarnish anything and I'm not trying to imply that it possibly could...just sucks that a guy who could've gone out at the top of his game just to hang on that one last year.  So many of them do.  

I know I certainly remember guys like Big Papi and Mike Mussina hanging them up after a great season at an advanced age. It's because it's rare!

I thought Brady was coming back next season, honestly. So many teams need a QB.