GDT: Colorado @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, devlman said:

Absolutely. And to that end, I wish Fitz would go out and get some talent on the wings.

They may be in better shape there than we think…looks like Mercer’s doing just fine as a winger, Bratt’s exploded, Wood could have a different trajectory if this team continues to improve, Sharangovich might be starting to find some consistency…

Not saying that I don’t go out there and see who’s available.  Just that things feel a little less dire on the wings than they did a couple of months ago.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Fun game, I missed the 3 Avalanche goals so I guess I showed up at the exact right time. 

Same here lmao

As impressive a win as they’ve had all season. Outstanding.

7 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Pretty sure they fvcked it up, Devils, NHL, Hockey Reference and ESPN all say 8 (excluding tonight). 

Whatever it is, Nate is having a good season lol

12 G and 23 A for Jack in his last 24 GP.  Signed for 8 more years at what feels destined to be a friggin’ bargain.  

• Like 2

16 minutes ago, Aitchmack said:

For all our bitching about the team, when they're "on" they are really fun to watch.

With the right additions next season could be pretty special. 

We’re seeing real signs of what the young core is capable of.

49 goals over 11 games is insane…it wasn’t so long ago that the Devils needed almost twice that many games to score that many.

Now it’s about how much more inexpensive pieces can be added from within?  Always nice to save some cap flexibility, just in case.  Team obviously figures to get top-heavier with Bratt about to get a nice raise.  Won’t surprise me (nor upset me) much if Zacha’s the guy the Devils decide not to commit dollars and term to.

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Three things I'd love to see this month:

1. Get rid of Subban

2. Trade Zacha

3. Beat the Rangers on Mar 22

i'd personally want 

1. Get rid of Subban

2. See a video of Subban receiving the call

3. See a video of Subban boarding the plane and leave

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

The Hughes and Bratt combo is a point production machine these days. Man if those 2 and Holtz click it could be a beautiful thing. Daws is gonna make it impossible to send him back down when Blackwood is back at this rate. He’s been our best goalie (that doesn’t say much) but he’s probably in the NHL at least a year or two early so this is all bonus. 

Unload some dead weight at the deadline, make a few adjustments via free agency or smart trades, and fire most of this coaching staff into the sun and this team is suddenly looking at competing within the next few years. 

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

The Hughes and Bratt combo is a point production machine these days. Man if those 2 and Holtz click it could be a beautiful thing. Daws is gonna make it impossible to send him back down when Blackwood is back at this rate. He’s been our best goalie (that doesn’t say much) but he’s probably in the NHL at least a year or two early so this is all bonus. 

You say that like it’s an issue. I imagine soon after Blackwood comes back, Gillies gets released. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Unload some dead weight at the deadline, make a few adjustments via free agency or smart trades, and fire most of this coaching staff into the sun and this team is suddenly looking at competing within the next few years. 

Daws is a question mark, but at least he’s young and has the potential to be part of the solution.  Gillies is clearly far from being that in his wildest of dreams…nothing against him, just a fact.  And I agree, think it’s not only good that Daws is getting this time with the big club, but that he’s not getting destroyed out there.  And yeah, like mfitz just said, as soon as Blackwood is healthy enough to play, Gillies is insta-toast.

PK feels like the only sure thing to be moved at the deadline…guess Vesey could be moved as well, if there’s someone Fitz really wants to make room for ASAP.  Not like I’ve made any secret about my feelings re:  Tatar and Johnsson, but I could see them sticking around through the end of the season, just to get by with.  With only one year left on each of their deals next season, you could probably find a taker for one of them (more likely Johnsson).  God knows who would want Tatar.

14 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I would put Holtz with Nico.  It would give the Devils 2 lines.  

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I think we need to remember that everything said about Daws right now was said about Blackwood in the past too

All I have to say about Daws right now is that at least it feels like the Devils have a chance to win with him in net (especially with all of the goals they’ve been coming up with as of late).  Not the case with Gillies most nights…for the moment, that’s good enough for me.

MB3 nailed it with the Manning-to Luck-to Yikes comparison.  That’s exactly how it’s gone. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 2

25 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

You say that like it’s an issue. I imagine soon after Blackwood comes back, Gillies gets released. 

The only issue i see is putting too much pressure on him. It’s arguably part of Blackwoods problem, basically being asked to carry the team. But to me, if Daws can keep playing well, it’s his spot to lose. 

5 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

The only issue i see is putting too much pressure on him. It’s arguably part of Blackwoods problem, basically being asked to carry the team. But to me, if Daws can keep playing well, it’s his spot to lose. 

Being asked to carry the team while not being 100% too. That injury has been bothering him for 2 seasons now

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

They may be in better shape there than we think…looks like Mercer’s doing just fine as a winger, Bratt’s exploded, Wood could have a different trajectory if this team continues to improve, Sharangovich might be starting to find some consistency…

Not saying that I don’t go out there and see who’s available.  Just that things feel a little less dire on the wings than they did a couple of months ago.

Bratt and Mercer are definite top 6 wingers. But after that it gets a little dicey. Zacha will likely be gone next year. Sharangovich is a nice player but probably best suited for the third line. I think one more add on the wings  hedges against being thin in that position.

• Like 1

56 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

i'd personally want 

1. Get rid of Subban

2. See a video of Subban receiving the call

3. See a video of Subban boarding the plane and leave

Did he slew foot you in some charity game or something? Talk about show me on the doll where he hurt you… :P