Jump to content

GDT: Winnipeg @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+


MadDog2020
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 hours ago, DevsMan84 said:

Hughes looked great last night.  I thought Sharangovich and Mercer had somewhat rough games last night.

As much as I like Subban as the person, Subban the player is just simply finished.  Same with Tatar.

I wouldn't mind Johnsson here but my expectation of him is nothing more than a 3rd liner.  If he is gone then I won't be shedding any tears either.

Sharangovich needs to be a third liner. Can you imagine Hughes with Holtz or a legit winger? Yegor whiffs on so many great setups by Jack.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

32 minutes ago, devlman said:

Sharangovich needs to be a third liner. Can you imagine Hughes with Holtz or a legit winger? Yegor whiffs on so many great setups by Jack.

I wonder what our % of shot attempts are actual shots on goal.  I am assuming if there is a place to find that data you would see that the Devils are ranked near the bottom.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

I wonder what our % of shot attempts are actual shots on goal.  I am assuming if there is a place to find that data you would see that the Devils are ranked near the bottom.

When I think of "guys who forever miss the net", PK is the first person that comes to mind.  Sure, every now and then he manages one of those "wow" laser-beam goals that gets your attention.  The problem is he managed a handful of those in his times here...a whopping 15 of them in 167 GP.  He basically turned into Eric Gelinas.  The rest the time, he's trying to shoot through someone who's within 10 feet of him, breaking his stick into splinters, missing the net by a mile, or nearly killing one of his own teammates.

I get the feeling other teams miss more often than you think though.   

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

When I think of "guys who forever miss the net", PK is the first person that comes to mind.  Sure, every now and then he manages one of those "wow" laser-beam goals that gets your attention.  The problem is he managed a handful of those in his times here...a whopping 15 of them in 167 GP.  He basically turned into Eric Gelinas.  The rest the time, he's trying to shoot through someone who's within 10 feet of him, breaking his stick into splinters, missing the net by a mile, or nearly killing one of his own teammates.

I get the feeling other teams miss more often than you think though.   

I like PK better on his stretch passes than his slapshot.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

14 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

I like PK better on his stretch passes than his slapshot.

Yeah he's had some good moments there.  But there just weren't very many of them in general.  Just glad that his time is coming to an end here.  It feels like another door slamming shot on what's often been a brutal stretch here.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

44 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

When I think of "guys who forever miss the net", PK is the first person that comes to mind.  Sure, every now and then he manages one of those "wow" laser-beam goals that gets your attention.  The problem is he managed a handful of those in his times here...a whopping 15 of them in 167 GP.  He basically turned into Eric Gelinas.  The rest the time, he's trying to shoot through someone who's within 10 feet of him, breaking his stick into splinters, missing the net by a mile, or nearly killing one of his own teammates.

I get the feeling other teams miss more often than you think though.   

I’d like to see those 2 and Rolston (second Devils run) have a slap shot accuracy competition 

Edited by Devil Dan 56
  • Like 1
  • Angry 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

I’d like to see those 2 and Rolston (second Devils run) have a slap shot accuracy competition 

You probably want to stage that at a driving range...lots of netting.

  • Haha 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

37 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah he's had some good moments there.  But there just weren't very many of them in general.  Just glad that his time is coming to an end here.  It feels like another door slamming shot on what's often been a brutal stretch here.  

He's creeping up on minus-50 in 3 seasons as a Devil.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

He's creeping up on minus-50 in 3 seasons as a Devil.

When the goaltending's been as shaky as it has been through stretches of his time here, I can't read too too much into that stat alone.

But my eyes tell me that he makes a lot of bad decisions, and apparently that's nothing new...he just was able to get away with it much more as a younger, quicker player.  Now those mistakes come back to bite his team in the ass a lot more often.

Like others have noted, does PK possibly get more than a tryout and a one-year $750k - $1 million deal if he decides to keep playing?  I don't see how.  Like DM84 said, he looks like he's almost finished.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

3 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

When I think of "guys who forever miss the net", PK is the first person that comes to mind.  Sure, every now and then he manages one of those "wow" laser-beam goals that gets your attention.  The problem is he managed a handful of those in his times here...a whopping 15 of them in 167 GP.  He basically turned into Eric Gelinas.  The rest the time, he's trying to shoot through someone who's within 10 feet of him, breaking his stick into splinters, missing the net by a mile, or nearly killing one of his own teammates.

I get the feeling other teams miss more often than you think though.   

Sharangovich, Rolston and Subban are the players that come to mind for this.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.