GDT - Devils vs Ducks 3/12/22 7:00pm MSG+

NJDfan1711

1 minute ago, Devs64 said:

Great SO win. The only question I have now is why the fvck did they not play like this a couple of months ago.

We’re finally getting capable goaltending. Plus we were missing 2 of our best players for a huge chunk of games. 

• Like 3

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

We’re finally getting capable goaltending. Plus we were missing 2 of our best players for a huge chunk of games. 

True. Hope they finish the season strong and feel good about themselves going forward. 

In December I'd say the western Canada trip is three guaranteed losses. Now it doesn't look hopeless and I'm expecting at least 3 points. Hoping a crow won't be served for my dinner next week. 

• Like 1

Daws is now up to a .916 save% through 12 games this season. Obviously it’s a super small sample size, but Blackwood better come back ready to prove he’s still the #1, or this kid is going to steal his net. 

• Like 3

Mojo just ended a 7 rounds shootouts in the Seattle Montreal game. Nobody scored until he did

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Daws is now up to a .916 save% through 12 games this season. Obviously it’s a super small sample size, but Blackwood better come back ready to prove he’s still the #1, or this kid is going to steal his net. 

i personally don't care who's our #1. As long as that person is a true #1

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Mojo just ended a 7 rounds shootouts in the Seattle Montreal game. Nobody scored until he did

i personally don't care who's our #1. As long as that person is a true #1

Well yeah - I don’t really care either, but Daws emerging as a potential starter would be a nice surprise. He’s still super young at only 21 years old, and he’s really cheap for another couple years. 

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Well yeah - I don’t really care either, but Daws emerging as a potential starter would be a nice surprise. He’s still super young at only 21 years old, and he’s really cheap for another couple years. 

It’ll be interesting to see what happens. I’m not convinced Bernier is going to play again,  so it may end up a Daws/Blackwood platoon. 

Like everyone else, very happy for the kid in net.  In Daws’ last 8 starts, he’s stopped less than 90% of the shots that he’s faced just twice…and has put up a .928 save%.  There’s no way in hell that we ever could’ve expected that from him.  And the schedule is forgiving enough for a while that the Devils can keep rolling with him, to see how long he can keep this up.  Good for him; he’s made for a fun lil’ story.

Not going to make any declarations about his future, just going to enjoy it while it lasts.

To the very awesome people sitting next to me:  thank you very much for giving my daughter your Mac bobblehead for free.  Was an awesome gesture.  

• Like 4

12 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

To the very awesome people sitting next to me:  thank you very much for giving my daughter your Mac bobblehead for free.  Was an awesome gesture.  

Did they run out before you got there?

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Did they run out before you got there?

Yeah, first 9000 fans got ‘em, and we didn’t get there until about 15 mins before game time.  

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah, first 9000 fans got ‘em, and we didn’t get there until about 15 mins before game time.  

Very cool of your seat neighbors to take care of her. Nice to hear when good people do the right thing. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Very cool of your seat neighbors to take care of her. Nice to hear when good people do the right thing. 

Yeah we were BSing with them for a while (they were cool, def a little drunk by game’s end, but nice), and before the third period, I asked if they wanted to sell me one of their bobbleheads, for my daughter (she was in the bathroom, so they wouldn’t feel like I put them on the spot).  They said don’t even worry about it, they’d be happy to just give her one.  They then asked me if I wanted the other one, as they weren’t really planning on doing anything with it…can’t say that a Mac Jersey jersey bobblehead is high on my wish list at the moment, but figured why not, if they were offering. I asked them one last time if they would accept any money, but they said no, just enjoy them.  Really nice people…just hope that they got home safe!

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah we were BSing with them for a while (they were cool, def a little drunk by game’s end, but nice), and before the third period, I asked if they wanted to sell me one of their bobbleheads, for my daughter (she was in the bathroom, so they wouldn’t feel like I put them on the spot).  They said don’t even worry about it, they’d be happy to just give her one.  They then asked me if I wanted the other one, as they weren’t really planning on doing anything with it…can’t say that a Mac Jersey jersey bobblehead is high on my wish list at the moment, but figured why not, if they were offering. I asked them one last time if they would accept any money, but they said no, just enjoy them.  Really nice people…just hope that they got home safe!

That was very nice of them. 

Too many people listing them for sale, some before today (which they didn’t even have in hand), and some right from the game. That doesn’t sit well with me, especially where there’s kids in attendance who couldn’t get one. 

2 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Like everyone else, very happy for the kid in net.  In Daws’ last 8 starts, he’s stopped less than 90% of the shots that he’s faced just twice…and has put up a .928 save%.  There’s no way in hell that we ever could’ve expected that from him.  And the schedule is forgiving enough for a while that the Devils can keep rolling with him, to see how long he can keep this up.  Good for him; he’s made for a fun lil’ story.

I feel great for the kid, too. He helped win us a game that we shouldn't have won. The Ducks forced a lot of turnovers in our zone, and there were a few unforced errors, too. It's fun to see a player seize a chance, hopefully it's more than a flash in the pan. 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

My friends give them to me if they happen to go to a game where they get handed out.  I'd like to have more, but I don't live in NJ anymore and I'm not paying the prices some of these people ask for on ebay.

Glad to hear you got them and there are still some nice people out there.

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

My friends give them to me if they happen to go to a game where they get handed out.  I'd like to have more, but I don't live in NJ anymore and I'm not paying the prices some of these people ask for on ebay.

Glad to hear you got them and there are still some nice people out there.

You want mine?  The whole Jersey jersey thing just kills it for me.