2022 New York J-E-T-S Thread

NJDevs4978

5 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Nice start to the offseason with Joe D signing a pro bowl guard (Tomlinson) and an actual NFL starting TE (Uzomah).

You guys got a good one in Uzomah. He’s just an average TE, but he’s an amazing leader and locker room guy. 

Tevin Coleman was a nice signing. Useful rotation back. Another Bilal Powell type

Tomlinson fits the profile well of the player Joe Douglas wants. A monster in the trenches and can stay on the field. And we got him at a good price.

Uzomah...he is 29 which worries me a bit. But his size makes him a matchup nightmare especially in the redzone. He's a big yac guy which is something the Jets org values a great deal as well. I dodn't think the Jets are done at the TE position either as I can see them picking up McBride in the draft (or someone else)

And good to see Berrios back too. Thought some idiot team would overpay mightily for him but we got him back at a good rate

Now we need to upgrade the secondary. Would love to see either Marcus Williams or Stephen Gilmore

Edited by '7'

15 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Simple, Douglas wants to get a lot of B+ and B FA's but he isn't going to Goldman Sachs for the A-list shopping.  Which isn't generally a terrible approach to FA, especially when you have multiple needs to fill.

If we're ever at the point where he absolutely needs to add a finishing touch somewhere, and the team is close...I feel he will ante up and not walk away when a player has exceeded the value tag that the Jets have pegged him with. Douglas approach sort of reminds me of Lou when he was with the Devils. Stingy and not willing to pay a penny more than what he feels your worth is.

• Like 1

The Conklin signing surprised me. No idea they were in on another TE. Conklin is a very athletic guy coming off a career best 61 catch season. Watching him play he sometimes really looks WR-ish when making plays on the ball especially near the sidelines and making plays on contested balls. So we're pretty much set at that position and now it's looking doubtful they'll go for McBride in the draft. TE position is totally set for 2022, just gotta hope both stay healthy

Edited by '7'

Just now, '7' said:

Hill is from Georgia so figure Miami will be his preference. And I'm not very excited about potentially giving up two first rounders for him

He's an elite talent though, still in his prime.

Ideally it’s next year’s first since there’s a big difference between our second 1 (10) and the Fins highest pick (29)

1 hour ago, '7' said:

There was nothing the Jets could do, Hill didn't care about the trade packages going back to KC...he had an NTC and he picked Miami

Yeah we're handicapped from the outset whenever it's NY taxes and weather vs. Miami taxes and weather...it just sucks it had to be fvcking Miami.  Why couldn't it have been Jacksonville or Tampa?

Especially since both teams have done a lot of little moves to build up their offense - they signed a couple of linemen as did we, they signed a couple of RB's and another WR, we signed a couple of TE's and Hill was basically going to be the capper on a great offseason for either team building up their offense around a young QB.  Now it feels like the Jets are running in place as all these other teams around us continue to get MUCH better, including the Bills' signing of Von Miller a few days ago.

In a way it sucks even more knowing we wouldn't have had to give up a first-rounder if he had chosen us, since the agreed-upon deal was both our high #2's and a #3 for Hill and a 4th I think.

Edited by NJDevs4978

• 2 weeks later...
17 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Why the hell wouldn’t the Seahawks deal Metcalf at this point? It’s not like they’re winning sh!t against the Rams, Niners and Cardinals with Drew Lock at QB.

I agree, I don’t really get it either. 

Metcalf is only 24, so yea when they're ready to compete again he'll still be right in his prime...he'll also want to be paid and paid a ton after the 2022 season. It makes so much sense for them to deal him

I still don't believe this...I think he's available but after the Adams swindle, they want to make sure that if they're dealing with the Jets that they squeeze every last drop out of them in terms of assets

Edited by '7'
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...