2022 New York J-E-T-S Thread

NJDevs4978

I'm expecting him to land in New England or something...Jets have been overly desperate looking for a top receiver.

I just don't want them to force anything and give up too much. Would be nice, but there's a reason the top guys want nothing to do with us.

It's unlikely Deebo gets moved, he has no leverage. And this isn't about money cuz he would be paid by the 49ers, they've said it before. I believe he just had a kid and his family is located somewhere in the Carolinas. So he has few options for teams. And again he holds no leverage.

Edited by Muevelos

21 minutes ago, '7' said:

God I hope not. That is indeed insane and out of character for him.

Deebo is good… but he’s not Jerry Rice. That’s what I’d trade for prime Jerry Rice or Randy Moss. 

Edited by MadDog2020

Deebo is younger than Tyreek but no I think this is a crock, there’s no way he’d offer up basically five high picks including their best current receiver when they offered two 2’s for Tyreek. The Jets aren’t even enough of a win now team to justify that. And as much as the Niners want to stay a win now team they wouldn’t dare turn THAT down either

And as someone pointed out in the comments the Jets don’t even have pick #99, that makes this rumor even more dubious.

Edited by NJDevs4978

39 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Deebo is younger than Tyreek but no I think this is a crock, there’s no way he’d offer up basically five high picks including their best current receiver when they offered two 2’s for Tyreek. The Jets aren’t even enough of a win now team to justify that. And as much as the Niners want to stay a win now team they wouldn’t dare turn THAT down either

And as someone pointed out in the comments the Jets don’t even have pick #99, that makes this rumor even more dubious.

Whatever happens, I think Deebo is gonna be a Jet. It just seems like it’s headed in that direction. 

3 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Rumor is (per Cimini) Becton's weight balooned to 400 pounds last year, if that's the case he'd BETTER be all in this offseason or Joe better cut his losses and pick another OT in the top ten.

That's a disgrace if true. No wonder they were from the getgo (really from the arrival of the Saleh regime and staff) trying to get a message through to Becton and very openly unhappy with him

This offseason it looks like he is putting the work in, and to be fair Becton did have a good rookie season so it's not like this guy has been a lazy bum since entering the NFL, but last offseason left a bad taste in a lot of people's mouths. This would look pretty bad if we just outright dumped him now, his work ethic and discipline was a concert when we drafted him 

I’m good with Gardner and Wilson, really I just didn’t want to see Hamilton (because of Joe D’s ambivalence for paying safeties) or a tackle since that would mean we officially wasted a top 11 pick on Becton. If the rumor is true the Jets turned down a deal including #10 for Deebo to pick Wilson than Joe D certainly had his value point and stuck to it, similarly not getting involved with AJ Brown who moved for a 1 and 3

What can I say...this has the potential to be a landmark, culture changing draft. Gardner was the guy at 4. He's about as complete and well rounded as they come at the position. Wilson is a dynamic playmaker. Not the biggest guy but a receiver who is both a playmaker and does the little things well (good route runner) and now Johnson,  quality edge who is also good vs the run, a very hard worker. The Jets not only got talent but good, smart dedicated football players with high floors in terms of what they can do at the NFL level

15 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I’m good with Gardner and Wilson, really I just didn’t want to see Hamilton (because of Joe D’s ambivalence for paying safeties) or a tackle since that would mean we officially wasted a top 11 pick on Becton. If the rumor is true the Jets turned down a deal including #10 for Deebo to pick Wilson than Joe D certainly had his value point and stuck to it, similarly not getting involved with AJ Brown who moved for a 1 and 3

Other way around, Ian reported the rumour is the Niners turned down #10 and more.  Don't believe there was anyone left in the top 10 the Niners wanted over Deebo

Know this is a Jets thread, but the Pats yesterday...I swear there's times where BB almost seems determined to outsmart himself.  It's one thing to trade down...hell, if you follow the Pats, you almost know that staying up to see who they're going to take with their first-rounder is pointless, because they're probably not going to use it for an actual player...and they did wind up with another 3rd and 4th out of it.  But geez, to reach for Strange just seems...well, strange.  Especially when they need CBs, among other things.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Well Joe's really souping up the offense now, trading up for the best RB in the draft and then drafting a TE after signing two in FA lol  This guy, and the two TE's we signed this offseason all could have started for us in the last decade of sh!tty TE's.

22 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Know this is a Jets thread, but the Pats yesterday...I swear there's times where BB almost seems determined to outsmart himself.  It's one thing to trade down...hell, if you follow the Pats, you almost know that staying up to see who they're going to take with their first-rounder is pointless, because they're probably not going to use it for an actual player...and they did wind up with another 3rd and 4th out of it.  But geez, to reach for Strange just seems...well, strange.  Especially when they need CBs, among other things.  

They always seem to find the guys they need though. NE marches to their own drummer in these drafts, and they'd rather have the volume later and deep. They got Duggar and Uche (played well until getting hurt) Onwenu is a nice find late. This is going back to 2020. They also sometimes take guys they want to coach up for a year before giving them bigger roles on the team. Patriots are not going to be a big name sexy draft darling the day of it, but then you go back years later and see...well they loaded up in 3-4-5 with picks and wow, they got 3 good starters there. There will be busts of course but they seem confident in their ability to hit within the rounds where only the true draftniks are watching

13 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Well Joe's really souping up the offense now, trading up for the best RB in the draft and then drafting a TE after signing two in FA lol  This guy, and the two TE's we signed this offseason all could have started for us in the last decade of sh!tty TE's.

I like the Hall pick. Absolutely the best back in the draft, though not a guy who really blows me away as a star type. Just seems solid, efficient...with great vision and a nose for the endzone. 

I was kinda wanting a LB or OT in the Hall and Ruckert slots, but they did just nab an OT in Max Mitchell

Ruckert I want to get into a bit more, great story with him growing up a Jets fan now he can live out the misery in person. I just felt with the 2 guys we got, maybe it wouldve been more produnt getting the best Center prospect still on the board. Or another o lineman. I'm still not totally sold on our offensive line...a lot hinges on what happens with Becton

• Like 1

On 4/29/2022 at 1:50 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

That YT with a clearly sauced (or just drunk on adrenaline) Sean McVay laughing at the pick in real time was kind of hilarious tbh…’we thought we might get this guy in the 4th round!’

• 1 month later...
On 6/2/2022 at 10:21 AM, NJDevs4978 said:

Only now do we see how good we had it with those 3. Mangold I feel should have his number retired and probably Revis too.

Mangold should probably get legit HOF consideration (7 or 8 Pro Bowls) what we had with Nick and D'Brick for so many years was so key to the Jets actually being a decent franchise in that 2006-2015 window. It really allowed us to carry a scrub like Sanchez in 2009 (he was a bit better in 2010) and super simplify/limit what we needed him to do.

• 1 month later...