2022 New York J-E-T-S Thread

NJDevs4978

https://www.nj.com/jets/2022/08/jets-mekhi-becton-suffers-injury-in-training-camp-practice-what-it-means.html

Was wondering when the injury bug would hit, as the Jets year after year for the past 3 or 4 years have been among the, if not THE most injured team in football. And of course it's this guy. For all the weight he's lost...his body just doesn't seem capable of holding up in the NFL. Seems to me at this point his Jets tenure is destined to end in disaster and disappointment

Jets signed 36 year old former 5x Pro Bowl guard Duane Brown. 2 year deal. He was a Pro Bowler last season. Hopefully, even if he begins to decline somewhat he can still be at worst an average left tackle

And gets hurt. Awkward cut and he goes down in a heap. Didn't look bad at all but these are the Jets so I'm very worried we're going to be looking at an ACL or torn knee ligaments. Not the least bit surprised after what I've seen the past few years.

Lack of preparation has been a Saleh hallmark thus far. Many games last year they came out totally comatose and noncompetitive. Looks like that hasn't changed

God damn gunslinger mentality...it's a frigging preseason game and he's trying to get extra yards, go out of bounds son!

Leger Douzable said as much, hoo boy.  Guess we're stuck with old man Flacco at this point, god forbid they give White another shot

I know we do have Flacco and White but I would actually entertain a trade for Garoppolo or Minshew. At this point Zach is likely done for the year and he really hadn't shown you much in terms of being the guy anyway. The org has to move forward without him in their future plans. 

I'm not saying get rid of him, he'll rehab and come back and compete for the job again...but for 2022 go out, get the best QB you can and try to patch things together. And forget about Wilson

Edited by '7'

1 minute ago, '7' said:

I know we do have Flacco and White but I would actually entertain a trade for Garoppolo or Minshew.

Yeah I almost forgot Saleh knows Garropolo anyway, whether that means they're more or less likely to trade for him who knows - probably more so.

Edited by NJDevs4978

3 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Yeah I almost forgot Saleh knows Garropolo anyway, whether that means they're more or less likely to trade for him who knows - probably more so.

And I'd get on it quickly too. They moved quick on Duane Brown and I'd expect the same here. The Jets expected to compete at least somewhat this year and move the franchise forward...if you can get a guy better than White and Flacco who could actually be a competent starter for 3-4 years (Jimmy G is 30) then you go out and do it.

And btw - 1999 Vinny gets hurt in the second quarter of the first regular season game (practically preseason), Chad gets hurt in preseason once or twice, Mark Sanchez gets hurt in the Snoopy Bowl, Geno Smith well...different kind of preseason injury.  And now this sh!t.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

And btw

1998 Vinny gets hurt in the second quarter of the first preseason game, Chad gets hurt twice in preseason, Mark Sanchez gets hurt in the Snoopy Bowl, Geno Smith well...different kind of injury.  And now this sh!t.

Yes. Jets history does suggest that they should not in any way be playing their starting QB's in the pre season.

• 3 weeks later...

For all the Streveler hype...looks like they're cutting him. Fans are in a frenzy over this, but I mean it's not like the guy hasn't been on an NFL roster before (2 years in Arizona where he threw 25 passes and completed 17 of them) as well as a CFL body of work. He's done this mostly against guys who will be crisscrossing the country looking for a practice squad to latch onto. I don't know, part of me wants to believe we have something special but in reality they see guys like Streveler every day, they know what he can and can't do. Have to trust them here

If Flacco ever won a game or two to start the season the fans and the media are gonna turn on Zach hella quick if he doesn’t come back guns blazing. Especially after Mike White’s Bengal game last year and the preseason wonder being cut

Edited by NJDevs4978

The media better be right about Joe Douglas cause man they’re pumping his tires over the Jets having the most guys claimed as proof how much better the roster is. To me it’s empty hype until the guys actually on the team can start competing at a higher level. It feels like Devil fans who keep pumping the tires about how great the prospects are when the results on the ice don’t change.

On 8/8/2022 at 12:54 PM, '7' said:

https://www.nj.com/jets/2022/08/jets-mekhi-becton-suffers-injury-in-training-camp-practice-what-it-means.html

Was wondering when the injury bug would hit, as the Jets year after year for the past 3 or 4 years have been among the, if not THE most injured team in football. And of course it's this guy. For all the weight he's lost...his body just doesn't seem capable of holding up in the NFL. Seems to me at this point his Jets tenure is destined to end in disaster and disappointment

They are numbers wise the most injured team in football three years in a row. They have had the most injuries and to their most critical players yearly than any other NFL team. I don't think they've been exactly #1 every year since 2019 but one of them they were and the other two very near the top. Impossible to win in the NFL like that even with a genius GM. This may end up being Douglas undoing

Now Duane Brown is hurt (didn't miss a game last season) and headed to IR. The Jets will be rolling with Fant and Max Mitchell. 

Flacco better be ready to take some shots Sunday

On 9/7/2022 at 1:17 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

LOL so now we went from Zach being 50-50 for Week 1 to out three weeks?! Did he reaggravate something?

Apparently they were hinting at him playing to try and get the Ravens to have to prepare for both Flacco and Wilson and keep them wondering...which is typical NFL gamesmanship. Still it disappoints the fans that got their hopes up.

I'm not a big Wilson believer but it sucks that he can't hit the ground running with this offense and get a full year to be evaluated. Still at this moment going into Sunday...Flacco may actually give us a slightly better chance of winning than Wilson. Or maybe a bit more than slightly.

On 8/30/2022 at 11:30 AM, NJDevs4978 said:

If Flacco ever won a game or two to start the season the fans and the media are gonna turn on Zach hella quick if he doesn’t come back guns blazing. Especially after Mike White’s Bengal game last year and the preseason wonder being cut

If God willing the Jets are somehow 2-2 with Flacco playing well, and Wilson is 100% and ready to return, I wouldn't automatically hand him the job. Frankly it's not like he blew Flacco away during training camp when they were both healthy. Flacco has been doing well since becoming the #1. If the offense is rolling and we have a chance for some kind of season then keep on with Flacco until you have a reason not to.

It's early, but Flacco looks like absolute horsesh!t and the Jets playcalling is trash. Just an overmatched poor coaching staff assembled by Saleh. And Cory Davis with another absolute inexcusable drop

Looking like one of those games where we'll be lucky to score a field goal or two

26 minutes ago, '7' said:

It's early, but Flacco looks like absolute horsesh!t and the Jets playcalling is trash. Just an overmatched poor coaching staff assembled by Saleh. And Cory Davis with another absolute inexcusable drop

Looking like one of those games where we'll be lucky to score a field goal or two

Pats’ issues that have apparently been going on all during camp and preseason are on full display against the Dolphins today.  With Puppetricia and Judge somehow being tasked with the offense, really hard to see why this “plan” might fail miserably.  Feels like the Pats are in for a long year.