2022 New York J-E-T-S Thread

NJDevs4978

Welp unofficially official, Breece Hall with a suspected ACL injury so that's that.  Oy vey...and he looked like the most dynamic runner the Jets have had since I dunno, prime Freeman McNeil?  Curtis and Thomas Jones were awesome between the tackles but didn't have this kid's burst.

Who's even available at this point that's appreciably better than Carter/Ty Johnson/Tevin Coleman/whoever else they drag in?  Maybe Kareem Hunt if the Browns go to 2-6 next week against the Bengals?  David Montgomery perhaps but his best ability is his availability.  Problem is in this league almost every team thinks they're in the hunt in some form or another, or bad teams actually have good RB's they want to keep longer-term

Edited by NJDevs4978

Outstanding trade. I had Robinson in mind as well as Hunt, and we got the guy we needed for very little. Was worried Joe would just throw his hands up and try to solve this in house...but good to see he isn't just going to let this promising season die on the vine

Replacing AVT is another matter altogther. That would cost a heck of a lot more...

On 10/23/2022 at 8:12 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

And btw Tampa fans, don't say we didn't try to warn you about Todd Bowles.

Bingo. I don't know what they were thinking elevating him to head coach. I'm not sure he'll be coaching that team in 2023. Good coordinator...NFL lifer...not a head coach. Maybe someone who you could have step in in interim roles at times, but you don't entrust a franchise to Todd Bowles

Going about as I expected.  Zach Wilson having no problem carving up the Genius’ D.  

JFM deserves a fvcking benching for that sh!t and it’s not the first time he’s pulled this crap this year…we went from 17-3 and Zappe being in for the second half to 10-6 and the Pats getting the ball with momentum in the third. Stupid, selfish fvckface

3 minutes ago, '7' said:

A classic SOJ loss. Missed opportunities, dumb penalties erasing points, Zeurlein with a key miss there. Everything about this week and the run they were on pointed to SOJ disaster

And of course Folk hits the same FG from the same distance. God I can’t stand this franchise, we’ll be 5-5 in the snap of a finger

Jets had no business losing this game today.  Pats aren’t those Pats anymore.  

The Jets could've won that game, but with a QB like Wilson and a stupid stupid mistake like the one JFM made...very hard against New England. It's frustrating because you can see the talent is their...but the football IQ isn't (especially in one very critical position)

Zach Wilson is not any good. 

https://nypost.com/2022/10/31/jets-robert-saleh-explains-decision-to-elevate-mike-white/

On one hand plenty of words of support for Zach Wilson...on the other you see them elevating Mike White. At least this shows me that the Jets know Wilson is holding them back and will go to white if Zach continues to stink up the joint (and he will vs Buffalo)

“Mike White is one of our young guys on this football team,” Saleh said. “We’ve seen Joe. We know Joe. We love Joe. Hopefully, Zach does not get hurt. But, in the event he does get hurt, Mike White is going to get the opportunity because we need to know what we have in Mike.” 

At least this sounds like they won't let Zach totally torpedo this season

If anything that tells me the opposite, they're putting more chips in with Zach cause if you're doing a whole pull the QB for a spark move, or a win-now chips in move you'd be more likely to do it with a respected vet (Flacco) compared to a journeyman who they've never had any real confidence in despite the fact he had the best Jets QB game since Fitzmagic's 2015.  Zach and Flacco is a little like Tua-Fitz on paper.

Edited by NJDevs4978