2022 New York J-E-T-S Thread

NJDevs4978

White is the starter and he's got the job (and has earned it) until end of season. Send ZW back to the drawing board...let him work to get better and compete for next year. Frankly I don't care about him...White has galvanized this team. The entire offense is just on another level with him running the show. They look like a more complete NFL team...and this was in the rain, no east task (sometimes heavy rain) He operated like a solid confident veteran and the rest of the team had faith in him and knew they were in good hands

Richard Sherman says Mike White is a franchise QB.

"If we just took everything away and swapped the stories of Zach Wilson and Mike White, that it was just Mike White drafted No. 2 and he was playing this well and his teammates were saying this about him, you’d be like ‘hey, they made the right pick. They’ve got a franchise guy. But since he was a fifth-round pick, since he’s an unheralded guy, you’re not talking about ‘Oh, he’s a franchise quarterback.”

https://nypost.com/2022/11/28/richard-sherman-all-in-on-jets-mike-white-franchise-qb/

Offense hasn't exactly distinguished itself against a mediocre Viking defense either...just three FG's including a 60-yarder, and failing to put it in the endzone after the D finally made a stop and gave the offense a short field.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Disgusting...they blew an utterly winnable game by giving up too many easy points and not putting the dagger in for their own drives.  Reminded me of the bad old days watching Nick Folk and Jason Myers put up all our points.

Wow they finally got a god damn TD...by the skin of their teeth on review

Edited by NJDevs4978

Tough loss. Jets have a QB for the rest of the season, and hopefully longer, if he stays healthy. That 4th and 10 conversion after getting rocked the play before was good stuff. There were missed opportunities and having to settle for field goals, but Vikings did a good job making stops when they needed to. They also put together a fast TD drive after the Jets had taken all of the momentum in the game in the third quarter. I'm disappointed because I felt the Jets were winning this game after Zuerlein closed out the first half with the long FG. But I'm not pissed. This team is going to be very good. They're already good.

• Like 1

Just a brutal brutal loss. We had A LOT go our way in terms of lucks and bounces and breaks earlier in the year...only natural that it evens out some. I'm still all in on Mike White...Minnesota is no joke, and the Jets after a poor defensive showing early on the road, in a tough tough building against a team better than them came back and should've won the game

Granted even if they do score there with Berrios, they need the 2 pts conversion, and Minnesota would've had ample time left to either set up a tying or winning field goal. So I don't look at that play as the definitive he makes it we win, he drops it we lose. A lot still could've happened after

But a 1st and goal inside the 5 that late, idiotic play calling. You DO NOT throw a fade there. Come on now. The Jets haven't executed a successful fade in over a decade. 

Thank God the Chargers (and Dolphins lost) but next week we're up in Buffalo. Tough to see them beating Buffalo twice in a year. That's asking a bit much from them. But you can definitely tell that the entire franchise is trending in the right direction. What a massive boost it would've been if we could've won that game.

18 hours ago, '7' said:

But a 1st and goal inside the 5 that late, idiotic play calling. You DO NOT throw a fade there. Come on now. The Jets haven't executed a successful fade in over a decade. 

Thank God the Chargers (and Dolphins lost) but next week we're up in Buffalo. Tough to see them beating Buffalo twice in a year. That's asking a bit much from them. But you can definitely tell that the entire franchise is trending in the right direction. What a massive boost it would've been if we could've won that game.

Santonio Holmes on the fade!

I like the Jets chances up in Buffalo, it’s gonna be tough. Even if they don’t win, the playoffs are a distinct possibility. There’s not a team in the AFC that the Jets can’t beat, I just hope the two Patriot losses don’t come back to haunt them. 

They never had a prayer in this one. Beating Buffalo twice a year for this Jets team is a tall tall order. The o-line absolutely quit and checked out...the in game injuries they had were crippling...Buffalo is an outstanding team, the weather was poor. They battled as they should but once Mosley jumped that was it, the game ended. It may have already been over there was no chance the Jets ever move the ball today with any regularity.

Detroit next week is probably going to be another loss I feel. The Lions are finally getting things together.

The Jets were not going on the road and beating Minnesota and Buffalo...they are not at that level yet

The problem is they may have to win three of four to make the playoffs now...I'm not sure 9-8 gets them in, especially with a mediocre - at best - division record and either a 6-7 or 7-6 conference record.  If they don't beat Detroit this week (and I agree this is definitely a tough matchup, home field or no home field), I don't know where the wins are coming from.  Maybe Miami now that the league seems to have figured out Tua and McDaniel's offense?  Seattle assuming their running back Walker is back by then will be tough, especially in the Geno revenge tour.  Jacksonville's like the box of chocolates in Forrest Gump, you never know what you're going to get with them.

Edited by NJDevs4978

6 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

The problem is they may have to win three of four to make the playoffs now...I'm not sure 9-8 gets them in, especially with a mediocre - at best - division record and either a 6-7 or 7-6 conference record.  If they don't beat Detroit this week (and I agree this is definitely a tough matchup, home field or no home field), I don't know where the wins are coming from.  Maybe Miami now that the league seems to have figured out Tua and McDaniel's offense?  Seattle assuming their running back Walker is back by then will be tough, especially in the Geno revenge tour.  Jacksonville's like the box of chocolates in Forrest Gump, you never know what you're going to get with them.

Obviously in any given season, you can point to any given loss as a "If we pull that one out...", but to me the Jets getting swept by the Pats is the real "huh?" here.  The Pats are a perfectly mediocre football team now (coached by a guy who believes that Puppetricia and Joe fvcking Judge actually had something to offer on offense), and the Jets simply have better talent.  The Jets should've been able to win at least one of those games.  

5 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Obviously in any given season, you can point to any given loss as a "If we pull that one out...", but to me the Jets getting swept by the Pats is the real "huh?" here.  The Pats are a perfectly mediocre football team now (coached by a guy who believes that Puppetricia and Joe fvcking Judge actually had something to offer on offense), and the Jets simply have better talent.  The Jets should've been able to win at least one of those games.  

If it was Mike White and not Zach Wilson I can see them winning one of those games vs NE. But you can't undo history...they started Wilson (who to me looks outright finished as a Jet) and he gagged up both games.

I would not be surprised if the Jets won every game they have left if Mike White is well enough to make plays. The Minnesota and Buffalo losses on the road could be stepping stones. I see a resilient team that is getting tougher by the week. This is a dangerous team if it gets in the playoffs. I wouldn't want to play the Jets. When was the last time anybody in their right mind could say that? Maybe I'm not of sound mind. :D

Detroit is playing well but I wouldn't bet on Jared Goff on the road against this Jet defense. 

19 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

I would not be surprised if the Jets won every game they have left if Mike White is well enough to make plays. The Minnesota and Buffalo losses on the road could be stepping stones. I see a resilient team that is getting tougher by the week. This is a dangerous team if it gets in the playoffs. I wouldn't want to play the Jets. When was the last time anybody in their right mind could say that? Maybe I'm not of sound mind. :D

Detroit is playing well but I wouldn't bet on Jared Goff on the road against this Jet defense. 

Are you actually a Jets fan?  Or just an outsider who doesn't know any better :lol:

They could win any game or lose any game left on their schedule, that's the nervous part.  Yes White has looked the part but they do have to score more touchdowns, especially since this D's been showing some chinks in the armor the last three weeks. 

I don't think this is the same old Jared Goff either, although Belichick made him look that way earlier in the year.  Still all their receivers are healthy now (Williams missed most of the year, St. Brown missed a few games) and Swift is healthy as well so their offense will be at full strength while Quinnen Williams is a big question mark for us.   You could see the difference the minute he left the field last week, Buffalo went from going three-and-out on every drive to scoring on four straight drives.

I also don't have much confidence in them avoiding killer mistakes in these games, a la Moseley jumping offsides last week, a la JFM's killer roughing the passer against the Patriots.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

Are you actually a Jets fan?  Or just an outsider who doesn't know any better :lol:

It really doesn't make sense, does it? I've been a Jets fan since 1980.

My optimism is reliant on Mike White being healthy enough to make plays, so I'm not completely off my rocker. 

The one play in the Buffalo game that angered me was the encroachment on fourth and 1 at the end of the first half. That was a dumb play. Despite that gaffe, Buffalo scored only 20.