GDT: Devils @ Calgary 10:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

Just now, mfitz804 said:

6 goalies this year all with essentially the same results. Indicates to me there’s a bigger problem. 

How many of those goalies are NHL caliber? Look, no one is claiming the defense/coaching, and other things don’t need to be addressed, but goaltending is the single biggest problem with this team right now. Has been for some time. Not really sure how that’s even remotely debatable. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I consider myself a big movie guy, and I also had no clue who the hell you guys were talking about. 

That’s sad. That movie is a classic, one of the most unintentionally funny movies of all time. Plus Morgan Freeman. 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I consider myself a big movie guy, and I also had no clue who the hell you guys were talking about. 

Came out in 1989…it’s kinda old now.  

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s sad. That movie is a classic, one of the most unintentionally funny movies of all time. Plus Morgan Freeman. 

Easy to forget he was that young once.  

Just now, Nicomo said:

How many of those goalies are NHL caliber? Look, no one is claiming the defense/coaching, and other things don’t need to be addressed, but goaltending is the single biggest problem with this team right now. Has been for some time. Not really sure how that’s even remotely debatable. 

I would say because the defense is still sh!t, it’s been better but for four of those goalies’ turns it was absolute sh!t, and the coaching is still awful. Plus our #1/2 goalies played a combined total of 33 games and we have been playing guys that are supposed to be in the NHL and are not even supposed to be in the NHL this year. 

1 minute ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Easy to forget he was that young once.  

And he wasn’t even that young lol. 

• Haha 1

Just now, Nicomo said:

That’s not really that old lol. I watch stuff from the 40’s and 50’s. I guess that one just never made it on my radar. 

I tend not to go back any further than the 1970s…not sure why.  I know I’m missing lots of good stuff.

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Fvcking compilers lol. 

Jack needs one more point for 100 in his career.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

would say because the defense is still sh!t, it’s been better but for four of those goalies’ turns it was absolute sh!t, and the coaching is still awful. Plus our #1/2 goalies played a combined total of 33 games and we have been playing guys that are supposed to be in the NHL and are not even supposed to be in the NHL this year. 

We haven’t had above average goaltending for about 2 years now. And Hamilton, Graves, Siegenthaler are better than anyone we had back then. If Blackwood, Kinkaid, or whoever can play well behind a defense who’s best players are Sami Vatanen or a 36 year old Andy Green then a decent goalie should be able to at least give them a chance behind these guys. It needs to be Fitz’s #1 priority this offseason (well that and extending Bratt). 

Gillies stopped that much in the same way an innocent bystander stops a stray bullet. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

It needs to be Fitz’s #1 priority this offseason (well that and extending Bratt). 

I suspect you will be very unhappy regarding the former. 

Here’s a chance…

for the Flames to score shorthanded.

Chubsy-Ubsy Recchi and his awful hair better not be back next year.  

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I suspect you will be very unhappy regarding the former. 

It’s pretty unfair to the rest of the team to keep giving them virtually no chance to compete year after year. Gotta stop with Crawford, Bernier type moves, and get someone reliable in there. Not saying it will be easy, but the goaltending (and coaching) situation could end up costing him his job. 

• Like 1