GDT: Devils @ Oilers 3pm EST

devlman

3 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

I'm so sick of the sh!t goaltending, sh!t goaltending coaching, sh!t defense, sh!t GM inaction, sh!t coaching overall.  Gillies was an awesome signing. Good job Fitz!

This is a completely false narrative. We traded for that piece of crap, we didn’t sign in. Otherwise Accurate.

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Not sure I could even display a Jon Gillies puck if I was @mfitz804

worst Devils goalie I’ve seen play any significant amount of games since I started following the team (2000). 

I am presently debating whether or not he belongs in a display of Devils goalie pucks, because I’m not sure that’s what he is.

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Not sure I could even display a Jon Gillies puck if I was @mfitz804

worst Devils goalie I’ve seen play any significant amount of games since I started following the team (2000). 

Only guy that I can think of who looked worse was Alain Chevrier.  He got off to a nice start in 1987-88, then was god-awful for WEEKS…had a save% under .850 for an extended stretch.  Burke joined the team on March 1 and that was that for Chevrier, who actually managed to be pissy about being mothballed…all I could think was “Dude, you’re fvcking terrible!”

Another 6-3 loss.  Ugh.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

I can’t even get mad at Gillies anymore…he’s a sh!t goalie doing sh!t goalie things.  Kinda sucks knowing every game he starts, any chance the Devils have to win dies immediately.  

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Only guy that I can think of who looked worse was Alain Chevrier.  He got off to a nice start in 1987-88, then was god-awful for WEEKS…had a save% under .850 for an extended stretch.  Burke joined the team on March 1 and that was that for Chevrier, who actually managed to be pissy about being mothballed…all I could was “Dude, you’re ducking terrible!”

Another 6-3 loss.  Ugh.

Hey hey hey. Watch it. That’s the second best #30 this team has ever seen. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, MadDog2020 said:

He’s the worst I’ve seen, and I’ve been watching the Devils for 37 years. 

It’s like when you were a kid and your goalie couldn’t make the game so you have to be someone else play goalie with a regular player’s helmet and a baseball glove. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

It’s like when you were a kid and your goalie couldn’t make the game so you have to be someone else play goalie with a regular player’s helmet and a baseball glove. 

That was me in roller hockey, twice! The first game I stopped 8 of 9 shots, so I was chosen to start the next game where I promptly gave up 7 goals on the first 8 shots I faced. Back to LW after that 🤣