GDT: Rags @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+, MSG

MadDog2020

i know the rules are the rules. But this offside rules should have some flexibility. The goal of offsides is so players don't cheat on the breakout.

If it's a question of 0.001 second and 0.0001 in. Then there's really no cheating or advantage

Kind of similar with goalie interference. If the offside player is not contributing to the goal or wtv. it should be irrelevant

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 3

Just now, SterioDesign said:

i know the rules are the rules. But this offside rules should have some flexibility. The goal of offsides is so players don't cheat on the breakout.

If it's a question of 0.001 second and 0.0001 in. Then there's really no cheating or advantage

Can’t stand the offsides review rules as they are. It sucks a lot of energy out of the game waiting 10 minutes to see if a toe was over the line. 

Reminds me of the crease rule in the late 90’s

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Devil Dan 56 said:

Can’t stand the offsides review rules as they are. It sucks a lot of energy out of the game waiting 10 minutes to see if a toe was over the line. 

Reminds me of the crease rule in the late 90’s

Yeah i agree, like i said. It's very very easy for the officials and review and see IF that half an inch had any impact on a goal or not. Just like a contact with the goalie or something like that.