GDT: Devils @ Washington 7:00 PM MSG+

MadDog2020

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Well if they could have not given them the 2 third period goals I would be more proud…

Well i see what this group is able to do based on raw talent. As long as we have this coaching staff, i don't believe we'll see their full potential

• Like 3

Just now, SterioDesign said:

Still proud of the boys. they once again battled until the end and came close to tie it. 

Yeah, I don’t hate that effort. Almost 40 shots against a Caps team that usually dominates the Devils. And the young guns scored. Goaltending was the difference once again. Not that Daws was particularly bad or anything, but 4 goals on 22 shots is tough. 

• Like 1

Earth to Fitz.....in the offseason please do the following....

1. Dump this entire coaching staff

2. Trade Zacha for a second round pick

3. Get an NHL goalie, and no that doesnt mean an injured 34 year old journeyman from the Canadiens 

4. Draft a scoring winger or defenseman

Thank you.

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well i see what this group is able to do based on raw talent. As long as we have this coaching staff, i don't believe we'll see their full potential

I know we love to blame the coaching staff for everything here (and most of the time rightfully so), but no professional hockey player in the world should need to be coached to make a simple play like the one Mercer failed to get out that resulted in a Caps goal. Little mistakes like that can turn a game, and that one did. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I know we love to blame the coaching staff for everything here (and most of the time rightfully so), but no professional hockey player in the world should need to be coached to make a simple play like the one Mercer failed to get out that resulted in a Caps goal. Little mistakes like that can turn a game, and that one did. 

Well Mercer is a rookie too. You have to live with those mistakes and that's the reality you have to

4 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

3. Get an NHL goalie, and no that doesnt mean an injured 34 year old journeyman from the Canadiens 

Thank you.

1. coaching is doing best what they can with these turds.

2. he ain't gettin a second. and we don't need a second, we need capable nhl players. 

3. agree

4. agree, go big or go home. 

I want to note also, on the power play and on the 6 on 5, we are still trying to sling the puck through every single player on the ice and it is almost never a pass that connects. Just fling it through and hope something happens. No team we play uses this strategy. 

This too is a coaching issue I would like to see resolved. 

• Like 3

9 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Thank you.

"Dear slasher72, thank you for sharing your concern. Let me assure you that the team is on the right track and I'm not planning on making any changes in off-season."

Sincerely 

Fitz

I’ve always been much higher on Severson than 99% of this board. I’ve had my fair share of “done with him” moments, but that’s just frustration in the GDT’s. He’d be extremely hard to replace, especially for that type of $. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’ve always been much higher on Severson than 99% of this board. I’ve had my fair share of “done with him” moments, but that’s just frustration in the GDT’s. He’d be extremely hard to replace, especially for that type of $. 

he want's to stay here. we will be gettin him on a discount. he's a great 3/4 d

Need at least 3 goalies because I’ve seen enough to know Blackwood will never be again what people think he once was.  Unless Daws drastically improves he should not be considered a close reliable backup.

Play in the defensive zone is mostly atrocious, need at least 3 defenseman.  Just don’t see this team improving much next year either if Fitz continues whatever the hell he’s doing/not doing.  Players like Hughes and Bratt will quickly feel like a McDavid/Draisatl, not comparing talent, but just the fact that their careers will quickly feel like it came and went without any postseason experience.  I feel for McDavid, unless something changes quickly in Edmonton I have to feel he’d want a trade or something.

I’m really wondering how and why Ty Smith is considered a highly rated prospect. Besides being beyond awful this season, you can’t even say ‘yeah he’s bad but at least he’s got a burgeoning skill set’. His skill set doesn’t seem any greater than a Butcher’s or a Peter Harrold’s.

Unless he has the biggest turnaround ever seen in player development, I just don’t see it with him beyond anything other than a 6th defenseman at best.

Edited by devlman
  • Like 1