Gdt habs vs devils. battle of the basement. 7pm *Miles is back!*

pumpkin cutter

I've heard many Habs fans claiming Caufield was further in his development than Hughes.

Not that it makes sense to anyone with a beating heart outside of that fanbase. But i want Jack to prove them wrong badly. 

Cole is on a hot streak though, he's just a scorer though, he doesn't dictate the game like Jack does.

I sure hope it's not Gillies in net though cause then Caufield will likely score one or 2

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I've heard many Habs fans claiming Caufield was further in his development than Hughes.

Not that it makes sense to anyone with a beating heart outside of that fanbase. But i want Jack to prove them wrong badly. 

Cole is on a hot streak though, he's just a scorer though, he doesn't dictate the game like Jack does.

I sure hope it's not Gillies in net though cause then Caufield will likely score one or 2

The guy that has 8 less goals this season in 5 more GP? :lol:

He’s not even a better goal scorer right now. Let alone everything else Jack does (his transition game, takeaways, playmaking, etc).  There’s hot takes, and there’s downright embarrassing takes.

But I’m not surprised coming from that fan base. There’s a lot of annoying Habs fans online that try to claim Suzuki is better than Nico, too. 

9 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

The guy that has 8 less goals this season in 5 more GP? :lol:

He’s not even a better goal scorer right now. Let alone everything else Jack does (his transition game, takeaways, playmaking, etc).  There’s hot takes, and there’s downright embarrassing takes.

But I’m not surprised coming from that fan base. There’s a lot of annoying Habs fans online that try to claim Suzuki is better than Nico, too. 

Well they blame the coach for that since he struggled under Ducharme and was even sent to the AHL again and that he's been on fire since St-Louis is there. Which is a fair point to some extent. We can assume that if St-Louis was there for a full season that his stats would be better but he's a scorer and that's it

1 goal - 7 assists in 30 games under Ducharme

13 goals - 11 assists - 20 games under St-Louis

That's very very clearly a huge difference lol Night and day. Crazy what a coaching change can do... imagine how good some of our guys could be.....

Edited by SterioDesign

1 hour ago, devlman said:

Any chance we see the Hamburglar? I pray every game day that Gillies isn’t the starting goalie.

I have to imagine we would have heard if Hammond was ready to go, but then again, we are the Devils. 

1 minute ago, pumpkin cutter said:

hughes can be the face of the nhl. cole is second fiddle.

He also has a very odd face, not suitable to be the face of the league. 

9 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well they blame the coach for that since he struggled under Ducharme and was even sent to the AHL again and that he's been on fire since St-Louis is there. Which is a fair point to some extent. We can assume that if St-Louis was there for a full season that his stats would be better but he's a scorer and that's it

1 goal - 7 assists in 30 games under Ducharme

13 goals - 11 assists - 20 games under St-Louis

That's very very clearly a huge difference lol Night and day. Crazy what a coaching change can do... imagine how good some of our guys could be.....

Like Jack has good coaching in NJ? :lol:

3 minutes ago, pumpkin cutter said:

hughes can be the face of the nhl. cole is second fiddle.

Caufield is a pretty distant 3rd from that US team after Jack and Zegras. I mean - I’d love to have the kid on Jack’s wing, but let’s be real, he’s not in the same tier as those 2. 

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Caufield is a pretty distant 3rd from that US team after Jack and Zegras. I mean - I’d love to have the kid on Jack’s wing, but let’s be real, he’s not in the same tier as those 2. 

I mean he has had a pretty good run of late, but it’s kind of hard to compare him at 60 GP to Jack at 3 seasons worth of experience. 

But Zegras leaves him in the dust. 

Fvcking Jack is at 52 points in 45 games played, and doesn’t really seem to be slowing down. A full season and a full staff of real coaches would likely do him well. 

Just now, mfitz804 said:

I mean he has had a pretty good run of late, but it’s kind of hard to compare him at 60 GP to Jack at 3 seasons worth of experience. 

But Zegras leaves him in the dust. 

Fvcking Jack is at 52 points in 45 games played, and doesn’t really seem to be slowing down. A full season and a full staff of real coaches would likely do him well. 

Also not playing with Johnsson would help 

3 minutes ago, RunninWithTheDevil said:

Michigan plays for a shot at the frozen four tonight at 6:30 and Tim Heidecker has his On Cinema at the Cinema Oscar Special tonight so I'm probably skipping this one. 

I'm a big hockey fan and bigger movies fan.

Yet i hate watching Habs games as much as I hate the Oscar ceremonies.

Can't escape both tnight unfortunately lol

I'd love to find a feed for the Michigan game tho