Gdt habs vs devils. battle of the basement. 7pm *Miles is back!*

pumpkin cutter

10 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm a big hockey fan and bigger movies fan.

Yet i hate watching Habs games as much as I hate the Oscar ceremonies.

Can't escape both tnight unfortunately lol

I'd love to find a feed for the Michigan game tho

Oh I can't stand award ceremonies, the Oscar special I'm watching tonight is a comedy production making fun of it

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Speaking of the Oscars, Nicholas Cage got snubbed big time. He should have been nominated for Pig. Easily one of the best films (and performances) of last year. 

The Oscars are a straight up just a big circle jerk for the elitists of the industry and only focusing on a very niche genre. 

Not only as an actor you need to give a good performance but you also need to be in a movie that fits with the whole Oscar bait criteria.

So many amazing performances and movies are snubbed every year for movies that won't have any lasting impact. Like.... out of ALL the classic from 1982. You're trying to tell me Ghandi was the best movie that year?

The only times movies that i really liked won, it was because they just happened to fit in the narrative or because identity politics were involved.

Edited by SterioDesign

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Miles is back, Johnsson is out (hehehe). Now tell me Gillies was released and it’s the best day ever. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

Our Johnsson isn’t 100%, so we’re getting Wood instead…

Not a big loss because our Johnsson has been weak and ineffective lol. 

Edited by mfitz804

11 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

The Oscars are a straight up just a big circle jerk for the elitists of the industry and only focusing on a very niche genre. 

Not only as an actor you need to give a good performance but you also need to be in a movie that fits with the whole Oscar bait criteria.

So many amazing performances and movies are snubbed every year for movies that won't have any lasting impact. Like.... out of ALL the classic from 1982. You're trying to tell me Ghandi was the best movie that year?

The only times movies that i really liked won, it was because they just happened to fit in the narrative or because identity politics were involved.

Most of the time, yes. Every once in awhile I’ll agree with their noms/winners. It was nice to see a film like Parasite win a couple years ago. Something made completely outside of Hollywood, and not really the typical Oscar-bait-y type stuff they usually go for like you said. 

I was glad to see Licorice Pizza nominated this year. I’m a big PTA fan, so I’ll be pulling for that to win (it won’t). It was right up there for my favorite film of the year along with Pig, and The Last Duel.