Gdt habs vs devils. battle of the basement. 7pm *Miles is back!*

pumpkin cutter

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

Most of the time, yes. Every once in awhile I’ll agree with their noms/winners. It was nice to see a film like Parasite win a couple years ago. Something made completely outside of Hollywood, and not really the typical Oscar-bait-y type stuff they usually go for like you said. 

I was glad to see Licorice Pizza nominated this year. I’m a big PTA fan, so I’ll be pulling for that to win (it won’t). It was right up there for my favorite film of the year along with Pig, and The Last Duel. 

Yeah i loooooved Parasite, went to see it on the one day it played at a local theatre here. But i highly suspect that the movie won that many awards and got all that recognition it got (from the Oscars) because they wanted to compensate and address the backlash they got from their "all white oscars" sh!t they dealt with. You also NEVER see horror movies or superhero movies considered for best picture, up until.... Get Out and Black Panther..... and if you look at all the other movies from that year... kind of easy to see a pattern and understand what broke the mold lol 

Licorice Pizza i liked quite a bit but at the same time i thought it was such an odd experience. It's a love story between 2 people you just don't want to see together really if you have any moral ground haha 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah i loooooved Parasite, went to see it on the one day it played at a local theatre here. But i highly suspect that the movie won that many awards and got all that recognition it got (from the Oscars) because they wanted to compensate and address the backlash they got from their "all white oscars" sh!t they dealt with. You also NEVER see horror movies or superhero movies considered for best picture, up until.... Get Out and Black Panther..... and if you look at all the other movies from that year... kind of easy to see a pattern and understand what broke the mold lol 

Licorice Pizza i liked quite a bit but at the same time i thought it was such an odd experience. It's a love story between 2 people you just don't want to see together really if you have any moral ground haha 

I think that was kind of the case with Moonlight, tbh. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I think that was kind of the case with Moonlight, tbh. 

yuuuup.

All great movies for sure. But many similar movies were made and never got any attention until it was fitting their narrative and that identity politics was involved

Edited by SterioDesign

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

I would have preferred him to make some kind of move rather than going with just a fast shot. 

Agreed. Kid has some of the silkiest hands in the league. He should always be thinking extra move.