2022 New York Mets season thread

NJDevs4978

Megill doing a nice job so far.

Lindor still sucks until he doesn’t.

Cano actually daring to do what no one else seems willing to…bunt when a shift is on against him.  

Shockingly an actual businesslike 5-1 win without much drama from the pen. Of course it was Opening Day, when the Mets are usually worldbeaters lol

Gotta give it to Megill, started on short notice and gave us five dominating innings. 

Programming reminder: Here we go with the streaming services, Game #2 is on Apple TV, you don't need a subscription (yet) to watch the baseball overflow games, but it's probably just a week or two free trial just like Extra Innings.  I don't even have the capacity to get Apple+ on my older Roku but I can get it on my newer one and computer.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Fine job from Megill. He was hitting numbers on the radar gun that we've never seen from him

The HBP's (especially Alonso's) irritated me. That could've been very VERY bad. We gotta throw back eventually...hopefully when it's 10-2 Mets in the 8th

Terrified of everything going good with Scherzer and the sudden 4th inning "Max's hamstring is acting up and he's being taken out of the game..."

Yeah at some point gotta drill someone in response...no headhunting, just a nice plunk on the rear.

Mets were 4th in the league in HBP last year (94)...enough is enough.  

fvck the Nationals...three headshots, two of them knocking Alonso and Lindor out of games, the other one probably a retaliation towards McCann for leaning into one.  I love that BUCK was the first one out of the dugout wanting a piece of that jackass Cishek.

I don't want to hear this sh!t about the baseball either, A - Met pitchers aren't hitting guys in the head, B - National pitchers aren't losing their control high and wide, or with JDDavis

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Has you couldn’t be more on the money.  Seriously, fvck the Nats…are they trying to kill someone at this point?

And goddamn the booth commentary is PAINFUL.  fvck Apple TV+ too.

Conforto is as overrated as it gets.  No one’s afraid of that guy in big spots.  

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I didn't think we'd even be getting six from Max after he was struggling a bit early but that's why he is who he is...he figures out a way to give you quality innings.

Just like Jake (when healthy).

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Just like Jake (when healthy).

In 2015 against the Dodgers he did, I almost feel like he never actually struggles or has to fight through an outing anymore though.  He only struggles to stay ON the mound.

It's gonna be surreal when we realize he won't have pitched in almost a year given his likely two plus month absence to begin this year and the end of season absence last year.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Jake’s the best I’ve seen at “still getting very good results even when his best stuff isn’t there”.

And yeah hope he’s not just going to be constantly breaking down now…sure feels like it though. 

One nice thing in the very early going: how many times have Met offenses had good springs down in Florida, only to come north and immediately vanish?  It’s only two games of course, but fun to see them come flying out of the gates when it comes to hitting. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

If anything McCan’t being relegated to “Far Less Relevant” status will truly feel like the end of Sandyball.  And that is a most beautiful thing.

Mets have really come out flying in the early going here…so so early of course, but love that they’re pissing all over the Nats so far.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Gotta admit, it’s actually getting kinda comical now that friggin’ Conforto still doesn’t have a job or even appear to be linked to anyone in particular.  Any joy I take out of it isn’t really related to Conforto, but rather to one of the most insufferable jerks in baseball:  Scott Boras.  I get that he’s been very good at what he’s hired to do, and that he’s not in the business of trying to win popularity contests.  Still comes off as an annoying and complete a$$hole though.  And he can try to spin sh!t all that he wants, but his client starting the season without a team was never his Plan A.

• Like 1

One of those games where you see Carrasco’s starting, and you can’t help but think “OK, this one’s gonna be tough… and the Nats’ bats are gonna wake up at some point.”  Mets could still lose today, but nice to see Carrasco have a solid five innings.