2022 New York Mets season thread

NJDevs4978

Damn…kinda felt like the Mets not tacking on today was going to hurt sooner or later.  Hopefully they can hold the Nats right here.  

Oh well…only sucks because you hate to see a good Carrasco outing potentially wasted.  Maybe the Mets have a comeback in them.

6 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Gotta admit, it’s actually getting kinda comical now that friggin’ Conforto still doesn’t have a job or even appear to be linked to anyone in particular.  Any joy I take out of it isn’t really related to Conforto, but rather to one of the most insufferable jerks in baseball:  Scott Boras.  I get that he’s been very good at what he’s hired to do, and that he’s not in the business of trying to win popularity contests.  Still comes off as an annoying and complete a$$hole though.  And he can try to spin sh!t all that he wants, but his client starting the season without a team was never his Plan A.

Yeah Bora$ is great for the no-doubt stars but for the guys who only think they're stars like JD Drew or Conforto, they sometimes fall through the cracks.

And yeah it sucked the back end of the rotation and pen had to be tasked with all the work today, and they still could have gotten away with it if they hit a little better.

29 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Yeah Bora$ is great for the no-doubt stars but for the guys who only think they're stars like JD Drew or Conforto, they sometimes fall through the cracks.

And yeah it sucked the back end of the rotation and pen had to be tasked with all the work today, and they still could have gotten away with it if they hit a little better.

Yeah re:  Boras, I just love it when his unbearable arrogance completely blows up in his face…not like that’s happened a lot, but his initial quotes re:  Conforto were just so over-the-top and abrasive.

At any rate, Conforto’s probably stuck with a one-year deal, whenever he actually gets an offer.

Another delicate baseball player (Walker) lasts just two innings before taking himself out for the game due what appears to be an injury.

Note to Mets:  guys like Walker who can’t stay healthy (seemingly EVER) don’t tend to suddenly avoid injuries as they age.

59 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Another delicate baseball player (Walker) lasts just two innings before taking himself out for the game due what appears to be an injury.

Note to Mets:  guys like Walker who can’t stay healthy (seemingly EVER) don’t tend to suddenly avoid injuries as they age.

Shockingly last year he pitched the second most innings of his career though with the way he pitched in the second half he'd have been better off tapping out at 100 or so.  

So far the 'depth' has actually come through though...first Megill on Opening Day, now Peterson.  Even Carrasco to a degree yesterday though he was going to get another shot in the rotation regardless.

Edited by NJDevs4978

And now Brad Hand in to close the game lol...I'm almost surprised it wasn't Familia if Girardi was looking to troll us.

It's not even just that the Mets didn't improve the pen this offseason but how were just keeping guys like Hand and Loup not upgrades over what we did bring in?

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1

Same ol same ol.  How many times have we seen games JUST LIKE THIS ONE LMFAO?!

And all the quality relievers that changed hands even since the lockout ended that we weren't in on makes me ill...Trevor Rogers being the latest one that was moved for not all that much, just the two guys the Padres were trying to pawn off on us for Dom + half of Hosmer's contract.  And the Twins retained his salary to boot.

Saying the Mets did nothing is being generous...they lost Loup and Hand, replacing them with worse question marks.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Angry 1

9 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

And all the quality relievers that changed hands even since the lockout ended that we weren't in on makes me ill...Trevor Rogers being the latest one that was moved for not all that much, just the two guys the Padres were trying to pawn off on us for Dom + half of Hosmer's contract.  And the Twins retained his salary to boot.

Saying the Mets did nothing is being generous...they lost Loup and Hand, replacing them with worse question marks.

Yeah not keeping Loup was inexcusable...but Sandy gonna Sandy.

And of course, in keeping with the script, of course the Mets go down extremely meekly in the ninth.

The Mets should be pretty good, I don't kid myself...I think they win 85-88 games.  But it's not a great team by any stretch.  The bullpen is going to be an issue.

Predictable outcome. Mets jump out early, the like clockwork injury, they can't tack on, and we blow it. Now no doubt Wheeler will dominate us and all the good feeling of 3-0 will be wiped away

At least this GM will probably be more active in trying to seek help within the season…Sandy would just sit on his hands.  I can see him making moves as soon as May if need be (or at least trying to). 

I know he wasn’t lucky tonight, but good lord Diaz is absolutely terrifying to watch.  Impossible to trust.

Kudos to Megill…off to a hell of a start so far in the early going.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1

Offense was ice cold today, but whatever. Nimmo got a hold of one and Lindor had a big rbi and the pitching staff top to bottom snuffed out any momentum Philly might have gained from yesterday. 4-2 aint bad

I'm hoping this offense eventually turns into something that isn't the home run explosion followed by 4 runs and 8 total hits in the next 4 games combined extreme feast or famine they've been.

Edited by '7'

Almost forgot about Scherzer in a day game today...Mets up 4-1 in the fifth, hopefully they get this one and at least start the year with two straight series wins on the road.

In the latest 'get off my lawn' moment for baseball, Clayton Kershaw got removed from a perfect game after seven innings.  I totally get it on the one hand, given his recent injury history and it being the first start of the year but still, it's the guy's last year anyway and there's still only been about twenty or so perfect games in the history of baseball. 

Edited by NJDevs4978

Pete really exploding today...good lord.  Already has 10 RBI through 7 GP.  

Weird day for Max...but was able to keep the Phils from doing much damage.

Mets gotta drill someone one of these days...not that I want to see anyone get hurt, but how many fvcking Mets have to get hit?!

Looking like two divisional series wins to start the season...gotta be happy with that.  

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Well no game is ever truly over in Citizens Bank Bandbox...8-3 now.  

Thankfully the two runs are off the board after instant replay - ftm. But yeah only the Mets can make you nervous at 8-1 in the 6th…memo to Buck, this bandbox and this lineup isn’t where you empty the pen and pitch your AAA guys

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Thanks 1

9 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Thankfully the two runs are off the board after instant replay - ftm. But yeah only the Mets can make you nervous at 8-1 in the 6th…memo to Buck, this bandbox and this lineup isn’t where you empty the pen and pitch your AAA guys

Yeah as much as the Mets have usually fared pretty well in this ballpark, it really does feel like no lead is ever truly safe at CBB.  It's a kooky place to play...leads just have that way of evaporating in dizzying fashion.

If I'm an opposing manager, I almost approach a game as though my lead is half of what it really is.