2022 New York Mets season thread

NJDevs4978

Nice to have an early lead.  Hopefully Max can be what need Max to be tonight.  It’s early but he looks like he’s fighting it.

4 hours ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Thor avoids the Mets for a THIRD time this season, his next start will be on six days rest lol…what’s the excuse going to be if we face them in the playoffs?

Feels like “Thor” might be as much of a fake alpha male as Harvey was. 

Hey Adam throw a fatter meatball next time.

And hard to get on Max but man he really lost it quick.  

I know McCann did a great job to throw out Acuna…but good lord does that guy ever get a hit?!

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Jesus from 6-1 to 6-5 with a six out Diaz save needed?! Can’t even blame the humpty dumpties this time

As long as they win, all is forgiven.  But gotta lock this one up no matter what.  

Trevor fvcking May.

Thanks for not bringing in a worthwhile reliever Eppler.  Guess it was too much trouble. 

fvck you Trevor.  Lucky zilch.  Does anybody trust this guy in a big spot?!

But, a win is a win is a win.  They got it.  And Diaz should be available.  But fvck Trevor May.  Loser.

4 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Jesus fvck christ, about as close as you could come to a meltdown without it actually happening.

Yeah this bullpen is going to be scary at times.  Still annoying as hell that Eppler somehow managed to bring in a mop-up stiff, when so many other teams were scooping up some solid arms.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Yeah this bullpen is going to be scary at times.  Still annoying as hell that Eppler somehow managed to bring in a mop-up stiff, when so many other teams were scooping up some solid arms.

Not to mention their ‘insurance’ is either coming off multiple injuries (Megill), now headed to the DL for weeks (Carrasco) or just plain sucks (Givens)

I was having serious flashbacks to that Nationals game where Lugo pitched a dominant eighth up one then the Mets got five more runs, then Lugo went out to be replaced by the humpty dumpties and a lesser version of Diaz and they blew that one pretty much ending 2019

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Angry 1

A split today would be huge...effectively four more games ticked off the schedule, with the Braves having made up no ground.

Also, once the Mets get past Philly (completing that season series) and the Yankees, the schedule eases up an insane amount.  Among their remaining games:  7 against the Pirates, 6 against the Nats, 5 against the Marlins, 4 against the Rockies, 3 against the Cubs, 3 against the A's...not to mention 22 of their final 37 games will be played at home.  Atlanta's schedule is MUCH more difficult...they have another West Coast trip coming, not to mention 7 more games against the Phillies (the Braves are 6-6 against them so far), a series against the Cardinals, another one against the Astros (right after this series with the Mets)...Braves have some patsies in their schedule too, but the Mets clearly have the easier run.  Hopefully they can cash in off that.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
  • Like 1
  • Shocking 1

Goodness did they need this in the worst way last night. Marte got it going. He has been such an important under the radar catalyst and important part of so many important Met moments this year. Baty had his storybook first at bat which is good to see...not an indicator of anything going forward but it would really be awesome if he could go on a nice run here. He's been Binghamton's best hitter.

That 7th inning terrified me and nearly unraveled. And of course the disaster that is May allowed the tying run to get to the plate...but was ultimately able to close it out. 

This is definitely a game they lose in previous years under Callaway and Rojas. But luckily this year these crippling losses that spiral into 8 losses in 10...10 in 12 just never seem to materialize. They stop the bleeding. If deGrom can get them a W today it would be absolutely enormous. it would be a split that would feel like a series win

• Like 2

The fact that the Braves have played over .700 ball for 69 games (49-20) and haven’t able to take over first place really shows how steady the Mets continue to be.  They’re 5-3 so far over this latest “batch of 10” by the way…so yet another .500-or-better, to go with all of the others.  

35 minutes ago, point said:

No let-up in the schedule. after today the Amazins play 4 against PHI in 3 days, then the NYY.

Yeah we've been over the schedule.  It does ease up a lot after this road trip though.  But yeah right in the thick of a tougher stretch, especially with no off-days, and a double-header in Philly to boot.  No Carrasco or Walker doesn't help.  

Basically I would take 7-6 or 6-7 over these 13 games.  3-3 so far.  

I think that due to the differences in schedule difficulty, the Mets will still find a way to win the NL East, even if they lose tonight.  And if they don’t win 100 games, they’ll be close to it.

But I think it’s a lineup that can be pitched to by above-average pitching. They can definitely grind out ABs and can wear down a number of starters and they can really smallball with the best of ‘em when they’re on, but I think come playoff time, it’s gonna be a real crapshoot.  They could get to the World Series or be out very quickly.  Neither would shock me.

As much as I like Nimmo, that’s a guy I can see being a “regular season” player.

Here comes Eppler’s big deadline bullpen arm.  Fingers crossed that he can actually hold the Braves down here.

Well, he did that and then some.  Where the hell has THAT Givens been?!