2022 New York Mets season thread

NJDevs4978

Man it sure feels like Lindor and Alonso have coming up small a lot lately.

And on another note, in 35 IP so far as a Phillie, Syndergaard has allowed 44 hits and struck out 21. The artist formerly known as Thor is no more.  He’s just another starting pitcher now.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

One of these nights where the lack of BP depth is gonna hurt, when you bring a Medina-type.  But I can understand not wanting to bring in Diaz with the team both trailing and looking lifeless.

Aw man, Cease of the White Sox loses a no-hit bid with two out in the ninth.  Feel for him, so damned close.

Clearly not the Mets’ night tonight.  Maddening game.

This is an Eppler loss.  Couldn’t be bothered to bring in better hitters and bullpen help…that’s all on full display tonight.  And now they’re just kicking it around.

Get ‘em tomorrow boys…these are the friggin’ NATS.  

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

'Left side fatigue' is the official word on Scherzer lol, I guess like someone said on another board better than immediate trip to the DL and worse than a blister :P

Yeah we’ll see what this entails.  I can see him missing a start for precautionary reasons.

So the Marlins manage to tie the game up vs. the Braves…and then of course promptly remember that they’re not supposed to beat that team, so the Braves win that game in the bottom of the ninth on a bases-loaded walk.

OK boys, time to start taking advantage of the September schedule.  Pile up the wins.

• Angry 1

Way to go fvckos…you wanted to make things harder on yourselves, well congrats, you did it!  

19 hours ago, '7' said:

This is getting beyond frustrating, the Nats don't even take the field against the Braves, but they're awake and alive vs us.

Will Atlanta lose again?

I blame the Mets…you can’t get shut down by friggin’ Corbin and Fedde.

Atlanta still has 7 games against the Phillies and a West Coast swing.  Right now, as aggravating as losing a series to the Nats is, teams have hiccups here and there.  If the Mets win the series against the Pirates and build off that, we’ll forget about this Nats mess pretty quickly.  But obviously we need to see that happen.

Mets rained out today…maybe a day off isn’t such a bad thing.  DH to be played on Wednesday.  

Damn Pete where the hell did your bat go?

TWO double plays Pete?!  You are KILLING your team right now.

So much for easy schedules.  And here’s the batting practice version of Taijuan from the second half of last season.  Wake the fvck up…the Braves sure as hell aren’t rolling over and dying.

Team feels dead.  Hell of a time they picked to go into a complete back hole of a funk.  Slumps have been few and far between for this team, gotta be fair…but this a pathetic display.  

Guess it’s another night where the Mets just couldn’t be bothered to show up.  Keep on throwing those meatballs Taijuan.

Well hopefully Nimmo’s shot wakes this team the fvck up.

Nope, not from Lindor and Alonso anyway, who continue to remain largely invisible as of late.

Congrats on getting schooled by the Pirates you fvcking clowns.  Well done.  Notice how the Braves beat up all over that team.  

Atlanta of course not screwing around…already up on the A’s.  Because they actually know a thing or two about winning.  

And I really don’t want to get so angry, but this is such a Mets-type thing to happen…just get it the fvck together already.  

If they don't sweep tomorrow then forget it...the division will be gone and gone for good. I just don't see Atlanta losing again. This is insane.

Everybody shares the blame and you have to look at what they did all season...but Carrasco and Walker both choked and cowered in two games against garbage opposition. Two games that we absolutely needed to have and they didn't give the team a chance

Bassitt and deGrom have to absolutely be perfect tomorrow with where this garbage offense is right now. Not adding another legitimate deadline bat has absolutely killed us

Edited by '7'

Yeah the big issue at the moment is that Eppler basically built a team that couldn’t be more “Right fvcking Now”, and then took an entirely different approach as the Mets got closer to the deadline…suddenly it was about bargain-hunting and hoping for the best, instead of trying to find consistent difference-makers.  He needed to be fully all-in this year.  We’ve been over it, but this is so not a team built for the long haul.  

9 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

And I really don’t want to get so angry, but this is such a Mets-type thing to happen…just get it the fvck together already.  

This legit feels like LOLMETS for the first time and not because they lost the lead but because they did it losing three straight blowouts to garbage teams, that’s too 2007-esque for my liking. And yes I realize we aren’t missing the playoffs but everything we didn’t do at the deadline is rearing it’s ugly head - going cheap on the pen and trying to moneyball the DH for starters. Plus our so-called strength (the top of the rotation, really the rotation in general) is being held together with tape and bailing wire.

It would also be nice if on a team with Alonso and Lindor on it that I wasn’t constantly hoping it was Marte or Nimmo in a big AB over either.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Like 1