2022 New York Mets season thread

NJDevs4978

4 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Hallefreakinglujah

Jensen’s been iffy lately.  Braves fans are calling for his head.

2 hours ago, point said:

Mariners are in a wild card contest too, not just playing spoiler. Nice to get support from the West Coast

Braves are below .500 against >.500 teams.  They've done a lot of fattening up on the bottom feeders...to their credit, they've been REALLY good at doing that.  

The seven games remaining against the Phillies will be HUGE for the Braves...that, and sweeping their final three-game set against the Mets...all the Mets have to do is win one game against the Braves (clinching the season series), and then they effectively have a "bonus" game in the standings, in that if both teams finish with identical records, the tiebreaker goes to the Mets...it's like being an extra game up.        

Well clearly the Mets are still fighting it some.  No one can get a big hit tonight.  

Major MAJOR missed opportunity against the awful Cubs. Bassit has been good, they hadn't lost one of his starts since July 23rd...so I suppose it was due to happen. Still they had some opportunities and came up very small. Have to win tonight. These are bad teams. 5-5 in our last 10 vs Cubs, Nats, and Marlins...not acceptable at all.

Giants did us a major solid last night but guess what, won't be long until Atlanta rattles off another 8 or 9 in a row. The Mets should be up 2.5 right now.

Can we undo that Ruf for JD Davis trade? The hell was the point of that? He's hitting like .130

Edited by '7'

2 hours ago, '7' said:

Major MAJOR missed opportunity against the awful Cubs. Bassit has been good, they hadn't lost one of his starts since July 23rd...so I suppose it was due to happen. Still they had some opportunities and came up very small. Have to win tonight. These are bad teams. 5-5 in our last 10 vs Cubs, Nats, and Marlins...not acceptable at all.

Giants did us a major solid last night but guess what, won't be long until Atlanta rattles off another 8 or 9 in a row. The Mets should be up 2.5 right now.

Can we undo that Ruf for JD Davis trade? The hell was the point of that? He's hitting like .130

I can't even look at last night as a missed opportunity because never at any point did I feel like the Mets deserved to win that game.  Clearly it's not enough to show up to the park and just expect to win.

The Mets fully deserve to be 5-5 over these 10...and here's what's kooky...check out the runs scored and runs allowed in the wins vs. the losses:

5 wins:  42 RF, 9 RA

5 losses:  9 RF, 33 RA

In some ways, it'd be frustrating if you could make argument being 7-3 or 8-2 with a break here or there...but all of the losses have been deserved.

I wouldn't worry about Atlanta suddenly going on another mega-tear...they still have to finish up this WC trip, and then have a bunch of games against the Phillies.  The Mets just have to clean up on the rest of this homestand...hopefully they can win at least 5 of the remaining 6 games.  Anything less than 4 and yeah, I'm going to start to wonder about them a little.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

And just some things to keep us all grounded whenever we start to feel like "Here we go again, it's all gonna fall apart, Mets gonna Met..."

They've had a total of three three-game losing streaks all season...not one four-game dip yet.  Just eleven times they've lost two in a row.  

As I've brought up previously, I've divided the season into 16 groups (15 groups of 10 games each, with the 16th group to made up of 12 games).

Here's what they've done so far W-L, for each group (in order):  7-3, 7-3, 6-4, 6-4, 7-3, 6-4, 6-4, 5-5, 6-4, 7-3, 8-2, 6-4, 5-5, 6-4

6-4 or better for 12 out of the first 14 groups, and they STILL haven't finished under .500 for any of them.  

This team may not go on the kind of tears that the Braves have, but they flat-out don't slump either.  They've been incredibly steady.

So hopefully the track record soon trumps the present.    

Vogelbach was kinda fun there for about a week or so, but I can’t take him for much longer.  The fact that he can’t run at all isn’t helping.

Oh and the umps miss a call…as they often do all around the league.

Team just looks so lifeless right now.  Not sure what is going on, but the Cubs sure seems a fvckton more interested in playing tonight than the Mets do.  

And sorry Pete and Francisco, gotta do more than hit cosmetic meaningless HRs in the ninth...

8 minutes ago, '7' said:

Wake the fvck up. I mean why are the Cubs in here with their garbage lineup and trash pitchers and we're not clobbering them?

This team truly is gutless. There is still game left. WAKE UP

Does one rotten series negate a season?  No.

Am I annoyed as hell with this team right now?  You betcha.

And fvck Peterson.  Sorry pal, can’t be that god-awful in a game like this.  

1 hour ago, '7' said:

Wonderful start Peterson. Just what we needed in the 1st inning. Channeling Tom Glavine there

Here's first Atlanta. We chokers want nothing to do with it

At this point I’m starting to think the gods are just torturing us again now that Atlanta’s lost four of five…they’re probably going to lose just enough so they can give us the coup de grace in that last series themselves.

Pete collecting another late-inning meaningless home run.  Maybe try that with someone on base while it’s still a game?