2022 New York Mets season thread

NJDevs4978

Yeah serious bummer for Keith.  Hope he recovers quickly.

4 hours ago, '7' said:

So far so good. Phillies getting their revenge and the Mets out in front 7-0 after an Escobar grand slam

You can't really understate how huge it would be to go up 2.5 at this very late stage. It's far from cruise control or anything, but it would be legit breathing room especially with September winding down

Yeah just getting ANY kind of separation is huge at this point.  Especially if they can win just one of the games in Atlanta.  2.5 games up is a lot with only 10 games left (Braves have 11), but obviously things can still change very quickly.  Let me see the Mets be 3 or more up on the Braves by the time that series rolls around.

Jesus Jake you may wanna rethink that whole opt-out thing if the A’s are too much for you to overcome. 

25 minutes ago, '7' said:

Wow. A nightmare 1st by deGrom. Totally not acceptable

Yeah on one hand, we know how minuscule the Met bats have been in way too much many of Jake’s best starts.

But I’m sorry, you cannot come up this puny in a such a winnable game.  The Braves are still very much right there.  The A’s are a dead team walking.  

I know the Mets have largely been remarkably consistent this year.

I know there’s a great chance that they’re going to finish the season with at least 100 wins.

And I know goofy things can happen in baseball, especially bad teams beating much better ones.

But good lord, this has been a lousy effort so far.  The bats have completely disappeared after the first.  Jake finally having a bad start is enough to shock the lineup into doing nothing?  Wake up boys.  

At least the Mets did what they’re supposed to do against a total bottom-feeder today.  Doubly crucial because of course the Phillies couldn’t get it done today.

Mets and Braves will be even-up in games played after tomorrow…they’ll be either 1 game or 2 games up, with the magic number remaining at 8, or down to 7.

Great that Pete and Francisco fattened up on a bad team, but gotta do it in the big series and in the playoffs…as in this upcoming series against the Braves.  But congrats to Pete on setting the Mets single-season RBI record.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

On 9/18/2022 at 10:32 PM, NJDevs4978 said:

Playing the schedule game sucks as the last two weeks proved, but if the Mets go 5-3 and the Braves 6-4 before the three game series you'd probably have to sign for that.  Or sign for any scenario that keeps us one game up, cause then basically one win in Atlanta puts the magic number at one for winning the division after sewing up the tiebreaker.  Problem is the Braves have six games against the Nationals out of the ten and the other four in Philly.  Not sure you can really count on the Nationals for more than a game at most...two might be pushing it.  Ideally they at least split the four in Philly though from what we saw this weekend I'm not as sure of that lol

So far the Mets are 4-2 and the Braves 4-3.  If the Braves do sweep the Nats, the Mets'll have to sweep the two games from Florida to maintain the one-game lead going into Atlanta where they would need just one game to at least control their destiny after the series.

Mets have gone 13-9 over their last 22…obviously given the level of competition, they’ve come up with at least two less wins than we were hoping for.  Of course I’m hoping for a two-game sweep of the Marlins, but will it surprise me much if they only split?  Not really.

If the Mets somehow don’t get this done, and fall to a WC berth…man will we be picking apart the losses leading up to Braves series.  Hopefully it never comes to that.

And this is what you always worry about with Carrasco. He is trying to end this game before it gets started. In a big big spot, only 1 game up

The Nats will be taking dives to Atlanta...we'd better win this. But Carrasco in any spot where you have to nut up is terrifying

This is the Marlins World Series

Edited by '7'

2 hours ago, '7' said:

And this is what you always worry about with Carrasco. He is trying to end this game before it gets started. In a big big spot, only 1 game up

The Nats will be taking dives to Atlanta...we'd better win this. But Carrasco in any spot where you have to nut up is terrifying

This is the Marlins World Series

Carrasco is a loser.  That guy shouldn’t even be on the postseason roster unless someone else gets hurt.  You just KNOW he’s not getting it done.  

On 9/26/2022 at 9:47 PM, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Did we really think the Nationals could be bothered tonight?  

At least they played for three whole innings tonight. Funny how all our division rivals routinely lay down for the Braves while they give us September headaches routinely.

How the hell did Carrasco win 15 games?!  BTW his ERA against playoff contenders is well over 6.00.  Guy is extremely hittable…especially against non-bottom feeders.

This is one of those times where you almost wanna see one of these dipsh!t umps get decked by a player or ump.  Mets did benefit, but that was a joke.

Maybe Vogelbach figured the sooner he strikes out, the sooner he can start decimating the postgame spread?

Way to go clowns.  You lose the division and you have no one to blame but yourselves.  

49 minutes ago, MB3 said:

will be busting out my mets hat from the closet and cheering you guys on this weekend! feels like the playoffs. should be an unreal series. 

They’re still trying to figure out how they’ll get this series in, given the hurricane.   Mets pretty much HAVE to win two out of three here…and not stumble yet again against an “easy” opponent (against the Nats).  

Walker doing what Walker does…forever prone to longballs.

Yeah sadly feels like that’s the ballgame.  Hopefully not.