2022 New York Mets season thread

NJDevs4978

Welp…wasn’t always pretty and the game came perilously close to unraveling for Jake…but the fact is, he bore down and got it done, even if it was a little less than we hoped for.

We saw the bad Ottavino tonight…we’ve rarely seen that version of him.  He was often walk-prone prior to this season, but here that hadn’t been much of an issue…until now.  Hope it was just a temporary thing.

Win tomorrow, and this team starts earning back a little trust.  

• Like 1

6 hours ago, '7' said:

Musgrove all time vs. The Mets

1-5 with a 5.83 era

He’s been pretty damned good the past couple of seasons (his best)…remarkably similar numbers…not sure how much the above will really be a factor.  This won’t be easy.  Chris has to follow Jake with a 6 IP (minimum) 2 ER kind of start of his own. 

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

12 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

It was never about him going three.  Buck wanted him to get the tough outs over 2 innings.  Ottavino will get the bottom of the ninth, likely facing the bottom of the order.

Honestly I only thought that cause the idiot announcers actually thought he could go 4 as if Diaz was Goose Goosage in the 1970's, so when Diaz came in the seventh part of me was thinking maybe these fvckers got tipped off Buck was actually planning to go far off the norm.  Of course Ravech is the same guy that was calling Lindor Reyes and goofed on Ottavino pitching for the Yankees in 1920 (as opposed to 2020).  Get actual baseball announcers to do baseball games next time.

Edited by NJDevs4978
  • Thanks 1

33 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Honestly I only thought that cause the idiot announcers actually thought he could go 4 as if Diaz was Goose Goosage in the 1970's, so when Diaz came in the seventh part of me was thinking maybe these fvckers got tipped off Buck was actually planning to go far off the norm.  Of course Ravech is the same guy that was calling Lindor Reyes and goofed on Ottavino pitching for the Yankees in 1920 (as opposed to 2020).  Get actual baseball announcers to do baseball games next time.

Yeah the hardest part of postseason play in sports like baseball and hockey is when you have other announcers doing your games.  The crew last night was painful.

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Moment is too big for Bassitt again and I knew it, this needs to be his last game as a Met

Yeah gotta be a loser purge this offseason.  Someone else can overpay Bassitt…not to mention it’s not like he has some history of providing lots of innings.  

Maybe someone finally told Bassitt to stop worrying about who his catcher is, PitchCom, the NY crowd or the lame-ass Padres stepping out before every pitch.  Or maybe the pressure's just off now cause this weenie offense clearly isn't touching Joe Koufax anyway.

Yeah feels like Christina isn’t much of a big game pitcher…notice how suddenly he’s walking guys.  If that’s not a guy who’s suddenly having mental issues, I don’t know what is.

Well the Padres clearly shook off last night and realized “OK, get a lead on them early and they’ll fold.”  Mission accomplished.  

12 up, 12 down...McNeil casually jogging to first as if it's a Spring Training game.  They deserve every god damn boo they get and then some.

A 101-win season that's totally wasted, feels like one of the Devil first round exits in the late '90's with a top seed in that it devalues a long regular season but at least they'd won a title already.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Peterson is about as white-flag as it gets.  Does anyone really think he’s not giving up a run here?

Not like Buck’s ever won anything.  Maybe he’s that guy who can only take a team so far.