2022 New York Mets season thread

NJDevs4978

2 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Good lord, and right after that public spectacle of a trial, this guy is a less likable version of Doc

It's becoming clearer and clearer that this guy has his share of demons, and it's not a new development.  Just hope he gets the help that he obviously needs.  

Just now, NJDevs4978 said:

LOL talk about things evening out, as Diaz gets the final out on a 3-2 slider in the dirt a la Castillo two nights ago

I know he’s been good for much of the year, but Diaz is just soooooo difficult to fully trust.  Got lucky there, but we’ll take it.

Matz has given up 5 HR over his last two starts (8.2 IP)…hoping the Mets can keep beating up on him.  His season ERA is 6.40.  

Matz is atrocious. They got a few homers but really should be beating him up more than that

Not a good effort by Walker, as expected, but he didn't totally implode and give the game away like I expected. Mets still in this one. 5th inning we really need to get to Matz. Only 3 hits so far

Matz out after five, same as Walker.  Would’ve been nice to have gotten more than three hits off Matz…nice that two of them went yard, but that’s a guy ya gotta get to…we know how quickly he wilts when the heat’s on.

Box O’Chocolates…well, if he doesn’t implode, ya take it and run with it.  Hope the Mets can do some damage against the Cards’ pen here.  

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976

Bases loaded, one out, a fvcking K and a first-pitch pop up.  Not hard to see why this team is sinking down the runs scored standings.  

You just KNEW the zillion dollar man wasn’t getting it done there.  Really getting fed up with his general meh-ness.

Mets now 6-6 in their last 12.  Considering no else in the division is even .500 yet, could be worse.  But this team is looking more and more ordinary at the plate.  Lindor is looking more and more like a bust every day.

Lindor has managed a whopping 13 hits over his last 21 GP, with a .498 OPS.  He’s also struck out 21 times.  Sorry, but this guy deserves to hear some boos.  

The other sh!tty part is after struggling last season, Gimenez now looks like he’s next in the long line of All-Star middle infielders they’ve churned out, usually to pawn off on us when they’re prematurely used up :P

Edited by NJDevs4978

Not to mention Gimenez is cost-controlled for a loooong time.  And yeah Lindor does feel like friggin’ Baerga Part Deux.  I just have no patience left for him.  Even his stupid hair bothers me.

Man how many times have we seen this?  This offense is looking punier by the game.

And then they get it going.  Hallelujah!

Left side issue for Max, getting MRI today.

Hicks threw just 39 out of 82 pitches for strikes yesterday.  Goddamn that is just awful.

Hope it's not an oblique. Hefner says back "not that bad". How is that the least bit true...back related can be nothing, or it can start as nothing and snowball into a nightmare "It's so bad I need my teammates to tie my skates" After going through the Wright thing we really don't need to hear it's just his back it's not that bad

I'm already mentally prepared for losing him for a month. Scherzer is a tough as nails guy and when he's on the mound giving the "cut, I'm done" gesture that's a very bad sign in my eyes.

49 minutes ago, '7' said:

Hope it's not an oblique. Hefner says back "not that bad". How is that the least bit true...back related can be nothing, or it can start as nothing and snowball into a nightmare "It's so bad I need my teammates to tie my skates" After going through the Wright thing we really don't need to hear it's just his back it's not that bad

I'm already mentally prepared for losing him for a month. Scherzer is a tough as nails guy and when he's on the mound giving the "cut, I'm done" gesture that's a very bad sign in my eyes.

The good thing is that it's not like the Mets are fighting for first place, or trying to dig themselves out of a hole...they still have a solid cushion.  As long as Scherzer isn't out for too too long, they should be able to withstand it...at least to the point where it's not like they're going to plummet down the standings.

What does suck though:  I just checked the AAA and AA numbers for the Mets' minor leagues, and suffice it to say there doesn't appear to be much down there that could come help the big club.  Yikes.

It's an oblique injury, which can really run the gamut in terms of how long a player is out for. I'd be surprised if we see him before the middle of June.

As expected, the Mets starting staff being ravaged by injuries

10 minutes ago, '7' said:

It's an oblique injury, which can really run the gamut in terms of how long a player is out for. I'd be surprised if we see him before the middle of June.

As expected, the Mets starting staff being ravaged by injuries

That's baseball today, really...pitchers just cannot be counted on to get through entire seasons unscathed anymore.  Not going to pretend it's not annoying as can be.

I'm to the point where even when the Mets are going into a season with what looks to be a solid rotation, I just can't get all that excited about it.  Because you just know guys are going to miss starts.