2022 New York Mets season thread

NJDevs4978

I haven’t watched much Yankee ball, but damn they are winning an insane amount of ballgames.  

Gotta figure the Yankees will come down to earth eventually but...it just isn't happening. And I'm not sure if it will to any great extent

Mets have to deal with Alacantra today, and a Marlins team that's won 3 in a row. They're not great but no slouches either, and at home you know they're gonna play the Mets tough. This is going to be a difficult series. Braves are now 18-3 in their last 21. Hopefully the Dodgers give an effort when they play them

Edited by '7'

Hard to believe, but if the Yankees go just 46-46 from here on out...they STILL finish the season with 98 wins.

There's reasons to be concerned about the Mets, and I'm not saying that because of the Braves so much...it's more that it's becoming obvious that the Mets REALLY need Scherzer and deGrom to come back and be the really good versions of themselves.  They can't keep asking Bassitt, Carrasco, Walker and whatever filler's currently in the rotation to hold up much longer.  Like I said, hell of a job to get this far and still have a cushion.  Gonna up to the bats for a while.  

Lindor’s very odd season continues…56 RBI after the four he drove in last night, but this year’s slash is right about where last year’s was.  It’s been SO feast or famine with him…locked in for 15 games or so, invisible for 15 games or so.

Big win last night, regardless…avoided a 3-game losing streak yet again.

10 hours ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Lindor’s very odd season continues…56 RBI after the four he drove in last night, but this year’s slash is right about where last year’s was.  It’s been SO feast or famine with him…locked in for 15 games or so, invisible for 15 games or so.

Big win last night, regardless…avoided a 3-game losing streak yet again.

I love how people were trying to make Buck saying 'Lindor has more RBI than Judge' as taking some kind of shot at the Yankees, especially when he was asked about the Yankees in that question.  It is amazing though, you wouldn't think they were even close given the season Judge is having and the roller-coaster one Lindor is.

Meanwhile the real team MVP is bolstering his case for the league one...

Damn…one of those days where it felt like the Marlins were going to break through eventually.  Mets with off-days coming up tomorrow and Thursday…some rest at this point can’t hurt.  

Mets couldn’t pull off the back to back sweeps of the Marlins, but five out of seven against them is still pretty good. The damn Braves still won’t lose though, 4-2 against the Giants and Dodgers so far and they get the Phillies right after Harper goes on the IL. At this point it actually looks like the Mets and Braves may be the two best teams in the NL with the Dodgers pitching/injury issues right now.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Mets didn’t sweep the Marlins in their last series…Mets took three out of four.  They went 5-2 over the two series.

Mets are 12-10 in their last 22 GP.  Scuffling a little, but not falling apart at least.  

Yea the Astros to me look like the only team in the AL who could go toe to toe with the Yankees. Such a weird stretch of games they played...they no hit the hottest team in baseball...keep it going for an obscene length of time into the 2nd game and then blow it late. I am not relishing playing them again and I hope maybe (the now Bryce-less) Phillies can take 2 of 3 from Atlanta. 

Scherzer coming back will be a big lift. He's got one more tune up start coming up tomorrow then hopefully he's back and back to stay with no setbacks. 

I swear every year we have a few annoying walkoff losses in that Marlins stadium

2 hours ago, '7' said:

Yea the Astros to me look like the only team in the AL who could go toe to toe with the Yankees. Such a weird stretch of games they played...they no hit the hottest team in baseball...keep it going for an obscene length of time into the 2nd game and then blow it late. I am not relishing playing them again and I hope maybe (the now Bryce-less) Phillies can take 2 of 3 from Atlanta. 

Scherzer coming back will be a big lift. He's got one more tune up start coming up tomorrow then hopefully he's back and back to stay with no setbacks. 

I swear every year we have a few annoying walkoff losses in that Marlins stadium

Yesterday was a real throwback day, with all of the failures with RISP...you would've thought Reyes, Conforto, and post-2008 Wright were in the lineup.  

BTW Atlanta is only 5-5 in their last 10 GP...maybe they're finally cooling off some.  At any rate it's not like they've come close to threatening just yet...the Braves were 5 back on 6/13.  They're still 5 back two weeks later.  

32 minutes ago, NJDevs4978 said:

Guess it wasn't just the back that caused Carrasco to get hit around against the Astros last week, yikes

Yeah he’s really not that good.  Bloated W-L record and all.

Jesus guys come up a little punier why don’t ya?  Very disappointing “effort” tonight. 

Looks like both Carrasco and the Mets bullpen in general is coming back down to earth after an illusory early start.  I had some hope we'd finally see the Indians Carrasco after his start to the season but that was short-lived apparently, and the pen well usually you get what you pay for.  Sure the Trevor Williams and Drew Smith types have been better than expected but it doesn't help when you have guys like Shreve and May that have been god-awful and Lugo's gone from being good to just being a JAG.

Edited by NJDevs4978

Got more soft games coming up, which should help, but yeah, pitching staff has been springing leaks for a while now.  Hope Max and Jake can give them a desperately-needed lift. 

Carrasco rocking a 6.62 ERA over his last 7 starts, with an .893 OPS against.  In 135.1 IP as a Met, he's allowed 22 HR and has a 5.32 ERA.  Looks like the Mets got him too late in his career...I understood snagging him at the time, but the guy who was plenty solid for the Indians for much of his time in Cleveland is gone.  

1 minute ago, NJDevs4978 said:

I didn't realize Jason Castro was still an active player 🥺

Looks like a sandwich sweep incoming...first real bit of adversity on the season.

You just knew the Mets were going to lose this game.  They just looked like they knew that they couldn't beat the Astros.  

Don't really want to pick on them too much, it's not fair, but Houston really made them look the same ol' Mets in these games...damn near no one came through when needed.  Only Walker, really. 

But yeah, they were going to hit a rough patch eventually.  I just wish they hadn't looked SO feeble against the Astros.     

Good lord…can the Apple TV crew shut up for five fvcking seconds?!  Yak yak yak yak yak.  fvcking awful.

• Haha 1