GDT: Florida @ Devils 12:30 PM MSG+, NHLN

MadDog2020

12 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Well when people want a scapegoat to lash out at they don't care about common sense or context. It's an emotional response.

For years we've been a team struggling to score and sucking defensively with bad goaltending. By default what is that going to do to the players +/- lol like you said, it's just a dumb stat. The fact that a shot either went in or not on a play most often than not doesnt reflect at all your personal play

I posted the guy’s career +/-, in response to someone else’s post.  That’s it.  Not a peep about this game somehow being any more on him than anyone else.  This doesn’t require any amateur psychoanalysis.

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’m hoping it’s mostly just the face shield messing with him. 

Or nASS finding a way to ruin yet another defenseman.  When this complete a$$clown of an assistant coach is gone, I’m hoping that some of these guys that we KNOW are better than what they’ve shown will benefit.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’ll be honest, lately I have been watching Hamilton and wondering why the fvck he is a $9m player. 

what do the graphs say? cause the optics over expectations are short most nights. Sometimes even looking disinterested in playing the defensive side of the game. 

Just now, titans04 said:

what do the graphs say? cause the optics over expectations are short most nights. Sometimes even looking disinterested in playing the defensive side of the game. 

You know I have no idea about those graphs lol. 

2 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

I posted the guy’s career +/-, in response to someone else’s post.  That’s it.  Not a peep about this game somehow being any more on him than anyone else.  This doesn’t require any amateur psychoanalysis.

dude.... lol you've been calling him "minus man" for years. Don't even try lol

out of curiosity i made a search for "minus man" with you as an author and there's over 3 pages of results.

Even made the same exact "minus man gonna minus" multiple times. 

1802466347_ScreenShot2022-04-02at6_13_24PM.thumb.png.c39411b32ae62a9bad8aba038317bdd5.png

Got some spare time do ya Sterio?

Yeah, I’ve called him Minus Man a number of times…not exactly a secret, is it?  I’m the one who started calling him that. Yeah I’ve ripped him plenty of times when he’s had bad games or mental lapses.  I didn’t do that this time.  Just posted a fact, re:  a stat of his.  Do with it what you want.

• Like 1

5 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Got some spare time do ya Sterio?

Yeah, I’ve called him Minus Man a number of times…not exactly a secret, is it?  I’m the one who started calling him that. Yeah I’ve ripped him plenty of times when he’s had bad games or mental lapses.  I didn’t do that this time.  Just posted a fact, re:  a stat of his.  Do with it what you want.

Well since you're the one who started calling him that. And you posted his career total. Obviously suggesting something which I explained why i personally feel it's unfair to him based on context and Nicomo chimed in. That's it. 

You posted a fact. I yeah i did what i wanted... i responded with context

Edited by SterioDesign

So it was the worst blown lead for the team in 35 years, and it came directly after a 8-1 drubbing…

it really feels like Ruff’s only being allowed to finish out the season because Fitz doesn’t want to screw over Utica by bringing Dineen up. I have mixed feelings about that tbh. On one hand I get it, and the Utica guys deserve a shot at a Cup, but otoh I want these coaches away from our young players like yesterday. And the big club should always take precedence over the minor league affiliate. 

• Like 4

Just now, Nicomo said:

So it was the worst blown lead for the team in 35 years, and it came directly after a 8-1 drubbing…

it really feels like Ruff’s only being allowed to finish out the season because Fitz doesn’t want to screw over Utica by bringing Dineen up. I have mixed feelings about that tbh. On one hand I get it, and the Utica guys deserve a shot at a Cup, but otoh I want these coaches away from our young players like yesterday. And the big club should always take precedence over the minor league affiliate. 

To be honest, if Dineen is the plan, just get rid of Ruff and crew and bring in literally anyone to finish the year. Let fvcking Zajac do it, he’s hanging around anyway. 

• Like 3

15 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Man i sure hope it's something like that. For my own mental well being i'm choosing to assume Fitz knows this staff is not the solution but they figured that just letting them finish the season is best rather than just getting some randoms to finish the season and who's not guaranteed to bring any positives

But if.... and i'm terrified to think about it. But if Fitz is keeping them because he truly believe they can get it done and that this season is on him for not being able to find decent goaltending... then i'm really worried.

If you look at stats... Recchi should be gone. Not excuses. But if you look at our PK, who's 10th in the league at the moment.... with terrible goaltending... im petrified at the idea that Fitz could think that with a good goalie Nas would be fine with that job... ignoring the eye test that the guys 5 on 5 make so many mistakes on a regular basis.

I also always assumed Ruff got that job as a temporary thing and not that he was THE solution. Considering he wasn't even given the opportunity to pick his own assistant coaches. But if he's still there next season... i dunno... 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

6 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

But if.... and i'm terrified to think about it. But if Fitz is keeping them because he truly believe they can get it done and that this season is on him for not being able to find decent goaltending... then i'm really worried.

You and me both. I may have a stroke or a coronary or some type of cardiac episode if he brings even one of these coaches back. I want them all out of here the minute the final horn sounds. 

• Like 2

34 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

You and me both. I may have a stroke or a coronary or some type of cardiac episode if he brings even one of these coaches back. I want them all out of here the minute the final horn sounds. 

Said it in another thread, if it reaches 48 hours, Fitz is as good as fired as far as I’m concerned. It means he’s a delusional goalie just like his mentor and he needs to get as far away from this franchise as possible as well. We cannot afford to screw up the good youth we do have by false hope and blind faith in incompetent coaches.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Or nASS finding a way to ruin yet another defenseman.  When this complete a$$clown of an assistant coach is gone, I’m hoping that some of these guys that we KNOW are better than what they’ve shown will benefit.

Ya know...the more I think about it, the more I fear Fitz is not going to fire Nass. The guy has survived this long, survived the Hynes years, Fitz would have canned him already if he felt he didnt measure up. I really think Fitz believes Nass is good.

7 minutes ago, slasher72 said:

Ya know...the more I think about it, the more I fear Fitz is not going to fire Nass. The guy has survived this long, survived the Hynes years, Fitz would have canned him already if he felt he didnt measure up. I really think Fitz believes Nass is good.

“We’ll he’s a good lackah room gah.” - Fitz, looking back adoringly at the illustrious career of the big dumb idiot who couldn’t coach a rec team to play defense.

1 hour ago, Nicomo said:

I’m to the point of believing that the players HAVE to know that this “coaching staff” is on its way out…which makes me wonder if they’re even listening to them anymore.  If the players are tuning them out, then it’s somewhat safe to assume that any further damage Dummies 1 through 3 could do is minimized.

But not going to pretend that I don’t worry a little about this too.  Even if it’s about “Until Dineen is brought up”, I HATE that these incompetents just get to keep on keepin’ on.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Nicomo said:

It’s such a bad metric to judge a player off of in 2022. And dude is having a career year. If we’re listing all the current problems with the Devils - Damon Severson isn’t even on the 1st page. 

And honestly he’s been way better than Dougie Hamilton (offensively and defensively), but yet he somehow gets a pass from most fans for some reason. I guess it’s only a matter of time before he gets his own disparaging nickname though…

Agree fully in that after the coaching and the goaltending issues, it really feels like just about everything else is a distant third.

re:  Dougie, he hasn’t been here long enough for fans to start becoming frustrated with him…also looked every bit like what were hoping to get earlier on this season.  Seves has given us PLENTY of frustrating moments for several years…not saying he’s never done anything good.  But lots of WTF?! with him.  

• Like 1

5 hours ago, SterioDesign said:

About Sharangovich Thursday:

And then he scores a hat trick 2 day later and you don't acknowledge a single goal and go completely silent lol. You're one of those fan eh. 

Huh? How does that mean I have to acknowledge his goals? I still stand by what I said. Kuokkanen shouldn’t be on an nhl roster. Does that mean I have to acknowledge any time he posts a point?

Edited by devlman

Doug's lack of interest and his gliding back on D is a concern, there should never be an appearance of a lack of  effort especially from the new  guy with the biggest wallet and highest  expectations back there imo.  Obviously he's more known as a offensive D but sh*t, do better.

Edited by titans04
  • Like 1

16 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Doug's lack of interest and his gliding back on D is a concern, there should never be an appearance of a lack of  effort especially from the new  guy with the biggest wallet and highest  expectations back there imo.  Obviously he's more known as a offensive D but sh*t, do better.

With the exception of Tatar and Johnsson (I just don’t think they bring anything) and the “temporary warm body” goalies, I’m willing to give just about everyone else who’s still here next season a clean slate once a new staff is in place.  I’m sure some guys are mentally spent…not saying it’s right, just the reality.  

• Like 1

Got it. 

I just disagree when it comes to established vets who've been around especially someone like him. He didn't or shouldn't have forgotten how to try hard every night or the fundamentals of playing the game. I just don't put it all on the coaches. Sure they suck but come on we're seeing some brain dead instinctual stuff now all season. Give the kids a pass sure I guess. Total free pass, nah not imo. There's plenty of blame to go around stating with the invisible GM.