GDT: Florida @ Devils 12:30 PM MSG+, NHLN

MadDog2020

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I blame Steriodesign. We were up big before he woke up. He’s clearly the jinx here. 

i gotta agree here and if we extend that theory... ive basically been awake for all their games in the last few years............... 

Just now, SterioDesign said:

i gotta agree here and if we extend that theory... ive basically been awake for all their games in the last few years............... 

And also our coaching staff has been asleep for all of the games as well. 

Just now, SterioDesign said:

so you’re saying you need a long sleep… 

the sopranos hbo GIF

Just now, mfitz804 said:

And also our coaching staff has been asleep for all of the games as well. 

We’ll mid day is nap time at the old folks home and quiet time at the special education center… three people on the bench are on day passes often from either place…

• Haha 1

Glad I missed this one. It's all good, who needs goaltending anyway, lol. 

If drafting a good goaltender is "all luck" then I'd say this organization has had the worst luck in the league over the past 20 years. 

Without sounding like a broken record, if this coaching staff comes back next season, even just one of them, then Fitz should be terminated.  

• Like 1

Was watching on playback until it was 6-4…then my daughter saw the final score on her phone, which spared us the agony.

Fitz, if you can’t see that The Three Stooges are the worst coaching staff in the league, then I don’t know what to tell you.  Fire them all before they even have a chance to leave the bench after the final game.  FFS!!!

• Like 1

1 hour ago, NJDevils1214 said:

They call him....dun dun dun MINUS MANNNNNN

image.png.a8d380d7aefb6cd1d0ad207a8636a6a1.png

-136 for his career

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

-136 for his career

Yeah but he the only current player who played his entire career in the devils rebuild era. And if you go year by year, you'll see that outside of that Hall year. The entire team was always in the minus, here and there you'd have a 4th liner with maybe +4 at the very top.

That's not saying he's amazing defensively but that singling him out is not that fair. 

Edited by SterioDesign
  • Like 1

Just now, mfitz804 said:

They did, for 40 minutes. 

better get that puck signed quick before this one disappears into obscurity or actually they could resign him as Blackwoods backup for the next few seasons.

Maybe for your next meme we can go with there's no D in Devils nor has there been for X # of years where you choose the value of X.

Bless you guys that clear your schedules rather than DVR and ripping through it.

9 minutes ago, titans04 said:

better get that puck signed quick before this one disappears into obscurity or actually they could resign him as Blackwoods backup for the next few seasons.

Maybe for your next meme we can go with there's no D in Devils nor has there been for X # of years where you choose the value of X.

Bless you guys that clear your schedules rather than DVR and ripping through it.

I already bought the cheapest one available on eBay, I am happy with that decision. 

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeah but he the only current player who played his entire career in the devils rebuild era. And if you go year by year, you'll see that outside of that Hall year. The entire team was always in the minus, here and there you'd have a 4th liner with maybe +4 at the very top.

That's not saying he's amazing defensively but that singling him out is not that fair. 

It’s such a bad metric to judge a player off of in 2022. And dude is having a career year. If we’re listing all the current problems with the Devils - Damon Severson isn’t even on the 1st page. 

And honestly he’s been way better than Dougie Hamilton (offensively and defensively), but yet he somehow gets a pass from most fans for some reason. I guess it’s only a matter of time before he gets his own disparaging nickname though…

3 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

It’s such a bad metric to judge a player off of in 2022. And dude is having a career year. If we’re listing all the current problems with the Devils - Damon Severson isn’t even on the 1st page. 

And honestly he’s been way better than Dougie Hamilton (offensively and defensively), but yet he somehow gets a pass from most fans for some reason. I guess it’s only a matter of time before he gets his own disparaging nickname though…

Well when people want a scapegoat to lash out at they don't care about common sense or context. It's an emotional response.

For years we've been a team struggling to score and sucking defensively with bad goaltending. By default what is that going to do to the players +/- lol like you said, it's just a dumb stat. The fact that a shot either went in or not on a play most often than not doesnt reflect at all your personal play

Edited by SterioDesign

7 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I’ll be honest, lately I have been watching Hamilton and wondering why the fvck he is a $9m player.