GDT - Devils vs Islanders 4/3/22 4:00pm TNT

NJDfan1711

I'll likely miss all of this one today, but curious how the team responds after yesterday's ridiculous collapse and loss. Also curious if they give Hammond the back to back start.  Don't see what the harm is, if the thought is that he's really only going to be here through the end of the year. 

14 games left, let's just keep padding stats for some of our bidding stars. It's Jack's turn for a hattrick today.

Let's Go Devils.

21 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I'll likely miss all of this one today, but curious how the team responds after yesterday's ridiculous collapse and loss. Also curious if they give Hammond the back to back start.  Don't see what the harm is, if the thought is that he's really only going to be here through the end of the year. 

14 games left, let's just keep padding stats for some of our bidding stars. It's Jack's turn for a hattrick today.

Let's Go Devils.

I don’t see why Hammond would be in net today. I wouldn’t even dress him today. 

Let’s see what happens. Hopefully it’ll be better than yesterday. 

LGD

13 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Speaking of the Islanders.

Mike Bossy was just sent home to spend his last moments with his family. Was diagnosed with lung cancer just 6 months ago. That's such a bummer. 65 years old

That’s terrible news 😞

• Sad 1

1 hour ago, MadDog2020 said:

That’s terrible news 😞

Yeahh... Bossy might actually be the best scorer the NHL ever got. 

Played his last game at 30 years old and forced to retire. He's still at the very top of the goals per games. 

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-players-all-time-goals-per-game-leaders.html

Wow. just noticed that Matthews is ahead of Ovechkin and Gretzky at the moment.

42 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I don’t see why Hammond would be in net today. I wouldn’t even dress him today. 

Let’s see what happens. Hopefully it’ll be better than yesterday. 

LGD

Really? Why not?  The less games he plays for us the more useless and idiotic the acquisition looks. Everyone kept preaching about how this team needs to keep its head high and continue building momentum at the end of the season by giving them a chance to win. Who gives us a better chance to win other than Hammond?

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Really? Why not?  The less games he plays for us the more useless and idiotic the acquisition looks. Everyone kept preaching about how this team needs to keep its head high and continue building momentum at the end of the season by giving them a chance to win. Who gives us a better chance to win other than Hammond?

Nobody, but he’s a stopgap against having to use Gillies and not having to play Daws in back to back games. Daws is fresh, can benefit from the experience, and we have a day off tomorrow. Daws has had a number of games where he has looked good (and a number of bad ones). 

Hammond blew an enormous lead and we lost in overtime. Hammond misplayed at least 3 of the goals against that just went right through him like he wasn’t even there. Is it your theory that THAT is the guy who is going to build confidence and give you the best chance to win? And you formed that opinion while watching our worst blown lead in 35 years?

59 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Yeahh... Bossy might actually be the best scorer the NHL ever got. 

Played his last game at 30 years old and forced to retire. He's still at the very top of the goals per games. 

https://www.quanthockey.com/nhl/records/nhl-players-all-time-goals-per-game-leaders.html

Wow. just noticed that Matthews is ahead of Ovechkin and Gretzky at the moment.

I didn't get to see Bossy play, but the first time I ever saw his stats I always felt he was probably the best, or at least one of the best, goal scorers of all time.  Never quite knew why his career was relatively short.  Did he get hurt? 

2 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

I didn't get to see Bossy play, but the first time I ever saw his stats I always felt he was probably the best, or at least one of the best, goal scorers of all time.  Never quite knew why his career was relatively short.  Did he get hurt? 

Yup, back problems. Herniated discs that were apparently were inoperable at the time. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

Well he was in finals of a big tournament, had the game on his stick in the shootouts but hit the post, his team lost, his coach was insanely upset. And he just lost his love of the game, then quit and became a drunk lawyer. 

Oh wait... wrong guy...

Mike Bossy had chronic back problems, so he was forced to retire.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Is it your theory that THAT is the guy who is going to build confidence and give you the best chance to win? And you formed that opinion while watching our worst blown lead in 35 years?

Take it easy, I'm not building any solid concrete theories that are meant to be treated as medical science here lol. All I'm saying is that many people were on board with the Hammond acquisition, while few including myself were questioning it. Personally I was questioning it because it seemed like it wouldn't accomplish much. Those who were supportive of it, however,  said so for the fact that the whole point of bringing him in was apparently so that he could play the bulk of the games down the stretch and give us a chance to win. I saw and understand what happened yesterday, none of us wanted or expected that, but are you telling me that after just one game, his very first game with us no less, that you sit him back down? There's only 14 games left this year...put that mofo out there for all of them.

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

so... which scenario would frustrate you guys the most?

a) losing 7-1 to Boston

b) blowing a 4 goals lead against Florida

c) getting shutout by Cory Schneider

a) syphilis

b) gonorrhea

c) the clap

16 minutes ago, NJDfan1711 said:

but are you telling me that after just one game, his very first game with us no less, that you sit him back down?

Yes, that is exactly what I’m telling you. Why play him in back to backs after such a sh!t performance?

• Like 1