GDT - Devils vs Islanders 4/3/22 4:00pm TNT

NJDfan1711

Just now, Nicomo said:

How long is this “it’s never the goalies fault” shtick going to last? Asking for a friend…

As long as your blind “it’s all about goaltending” thing does, maybe? I mean did you watch the play? 

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

How long is this “it’s never the goalies fault” shtick going to last? Asking for a friend…

I mean... who in hell said that it was never the goalies fault this season? Honest question, not for a friend, for myself? Who said that?

1 minute ago, SterioDesign said:

I mean... who in hell said that it was never the goalies fault this season? Honest question, not for a friend, for myself? Who said that?

In fact, I called Daws a sh!t goalie only a few posts before.

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

As long as your blind “it’s all about goaltending” thing does, maybe? I mean did you watch the play? 

Darren Pang said it perfectly: the Devils are one of the youngest teams in the league and are going to make mistakes - but you just need your goalie to make a save. Which almost never happens. It’s demoralizing. 

Daws best save of the day was literally the puck hitting him in the mask. 

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Darren Pang said it perfectly: the Devils are one of the youngest teams in the league and are going to make mistakes - but you just need your goalie to make a save. 

That’s fvcking nonsense when your team is playing a 21 year old goalie that nobody thinks belongs in the NHL. 

The mistakes made are CONSTANT. Palmieri came in 1 on 3 and nobody did anything other than screen the goalie. Constant giveaways leading to odd man rushes. Guys standing in the slot unmolested. It’s been all year. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Your attorney. Do your little digging through peoples posting history if you haven’t noticed it. 

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

That’s fvcking nonsense when your team is playing a 21 year old goalie that nobody thinks belongs in the NHL. 

The mistakes made are CONSTANT. Palmieri came in 1 on 3 and nobody did anything other than screen the goalie. Constant giveaways leading to odd man rushes. Guys standing in the slot unmolested. It’s been all year. 

Well on that much we agree.

But yeah - Darren Pang (a former goalie) is speaking “nonsense” when it comes to goaltending, and being unfairly critical of guys playing his old position. Seems likely.

I mean - you collect goalie jerseys and pucks, so I’m sure you’re far more knowledgeable…

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

Well on that much we agree.

But yeah - Darren Pang (a former goalie) is speaking “nonsense” when it comes to goaltending, and being unfairly critical of guys playing his old position. Seems likely.

I mean - you collect goalie jerseys and pucks, so I’m sure you’re far more knowledgeable…

I’m definitely more knowledgeable than you. 

It’s a bullsh!t argument, how can you argue “they’re young and inexperienced and they are going to make mistakes” and then suggest that one of the youngest, least experienced people on the ice  was supposed to bail them out?

Edited by mfitz804

6 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Your attorney. Do your little digging through peoples posting history if you haven’t noticed it. 

There's a difference between defending a goalie on specific occasions with context and saying that they are "never" at fault.

I can vividly remember him criticizing our goalies so that settles it

4 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I’m definitely more knowledgeable than you. 

It’s a bullsh!t argument, how can you argue “they’re young and inexperienced and they are going to make mistakes” and then suggest that one of the youngest, least experienced people on the ice  was supposed to bail them out?

He wasn’t talking about just Daws. They had the graphic up of all the goalies the Devils have used all season. 

5 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

He wasn’t talking about just Daws. They had the graphic up of all the goalies the Devils have used all season. 

So 4 guys who didn’t belong in the NHL, a guy who has been waived like 3-4 times, and two guys who were playing hurt. Got it. Definitely the guys to protect us from our awful defense. 

Edited by mfitz804

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

So 4 guys who didn’t belong in the NHL, a guy who has been waived like 3-4 times, and two guys who were playing hurt. Got it. 

What are we even arguing about here? You sound like you’re in complete agreement with me that our goaltending has been terrible.