GDT - Devils vs Islanders 4/3/22 4:00pm TNT

NJDfan1711

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

What are we even arguing about here? You sound like you’re in complete agreement with me that our goaltending has been terrible. 

Of course it has, but they’ve also been completely hung out to dry by awful defense which you don’t want to admit. 

It’s not like they’d be top 10 with good defense, but they certainly wouldn’t be last. I made that very point in the GDT, it was the difference today in having a sh!t goalie and winning  and having a sh!t goalie and losing. 

The problem is, you just like to criticize my opinion and you don’t even really pay attention to what it is. You just see me mention something other than goaltending and then you have to say something. I’m sure most of it is because you were annoyed when I was giving you the business about Jack in previous seasons, which is fine.

Bringing up my profession or talking about things I collect as ways to try to insult me, that’s kind of hack arguing, but it is what it is. 

Edited by mfitz804

3 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

Oh wait we’re still talking hockey?? Lol

I’m worried about this one. We may have seen the last of him for the season. Granted I’m not a doctor, but I’ve studied a lot of orthopedics and when a knee buckled under pressure like I saw Jack’s do, that is not an encouraging sign. Not 100% by any means, but that tends more toward some kind of damage than a sprain. 

Hope it’s otherwise. 

Edited by mfitz804

8 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Bringing up my profession or talking about things I collect as ways to try to insult me, that’s kind of hack arguing, but it is what it is. 

For the record I wasn’t knocking you for your collection. I’m a collector myself. I just kind of noticed a shift in how much you defend that particular position group ever since you went “all in” with the goalie stuff. You did it with Blackwood, and you’ve continued (at least imo to a degree) with a bunch of these scrubs. The Mfitz I remember from a couple years ago would have been ruthless when it came to bashing these guys. 

Just now, Nicomo said:

For the record I wasn’t knocking you for your collection. I’m a collector myself. I just kind of noticed a shift in how much you defend that particular position group ever since you went “all in” with the goalie stuff. You did it with Blackwood, and you’ve continued (at least imo to a degree) with a bunch of these scrubs. The Mfitz I remember from a couple years ago would have been ruthless when it came to bashing these guys. 

To be fair Blackwood played injured and Daws is a kid who shouldn't be here and did a pretty good job in the situation he was put in. So i get where he's coming from

7 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

oh he's given special treatment. Many people got banned for WAY WAY less than anything he ever said it's night and day

But he mostly just does it for comedic effect. And it’s usually aimed at an opposing team/player. It’s intentionally OTT. And I see people getting far nastier to other members here on a daily basis (I’m guiltily myself at times). So no - I don’t think he gets any special treatment. 

8 minutes ago, MB3 said:

Feels like that comment was crossing a line, as I have never made a single remark about your fvcking family or infant child.

That might just be because you’re a forever-alone neckbeard with a comic book addiction and an inferiority complex, so the whole “wife and kid” thing won’t ever be an issue for you. 

Hey, I like comic books...we aren't all like this lol

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

But he mostly just does it for comedic effect. And it’s usually aimed at an opposing team/player. It’s intentionally OTT. And I see people getting far nastier to other members here on a daily basis (I’m guiltily myself at times). So no - I don’t think he gets any special treatment. 

Oh and my comment was not for comedic effect? You truly think that i legit hope what i said and think it's needed? Come on now lol 

Edited by SterioDesign

4 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

To be fair Blackwood played injured and Daws is a kid who shouldn't be here and did a pretty good job in the situation he was put in. So i get where he's coming from

But he was never interested in context when criticizing other players (non-goalies). Age, line mates, coaching, etc. None of that stuff used to matter. 

5 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

Oh and my comment was not for comedic effect? You truly think that i legit hope what i said and think it's needed? Come on now lol 

You don’t see a difference between comments about random athletes we’ll likely never meet in our lives, as opposed to his wife and baby? 

12 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

I disagree, and I think my being critical of the defense is perfectly legitimate. You don’t need to agree. 

I will need a list of things you collect so I can bring them up during arguments. If you don’t tell me, it’s ceramic unicorns and commemorative spoons lol. 

Just now, MB3 said:

I don't say anything about your life because there's nothing to say. You're a fat, pathetic loser who got bullied in high school and spends his free time being the moral police on an internet message board full of people who absolutely fvcking hate him. Mocking you for being a starving artist (starving is very obviously not being used literally) would just be mean. 

Say whatever you want about me (as you do on a daily basis) and keep my fvcking family out of your dorito crusted keyboard you no-life lonely little fvck. 

You're going full Will Smith on this one my man lol Jokes are funny until they hit home eh.

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

You don’t see a difference between comments about random athletes we’ll likely never meet in our lives, as opposed to his wife and baby? 

If I said anything remotely negative about them, sure it would be low and i'd never go there, sure that'd be crossing the line.

My joke was saying i was hoping they were safe cause he was clearly mentally unstable. Big difference there.

3 minutes ago, MB3 said:

I said "god I wish that dude got d!ck cancer" about sean avery in 2018 and SD's life has literally never been the same.

It's not even what im referring to i dont even remember you saying that about Avery. You said it so many times we both cant keep track

I'm typically trying to be as neutral as i can be and not biased with these calls. But i just don't see how so many announcers on tv or people on twitter can look at this and take a firm stance that this was 100% a clean hit, without at the very least acknowledge that the knee leaning and making contact with Jack's knee is at the very least borderline? Some straight up call out Jack for not being able to take a hit... his knee was hit and he hurt his knee... obviously has nothing to do with anything else. 

2 minutes ago, SterioDesign said:

I'm typically trying to be as neutral as i can be and not biased with these calls. But i just don't see how so many announcers on tv or people on twitter can look at this and take a firm stance that this was 100% a clean hit, without at the very least acknowledge that the knee leaning and making contact with Jack's knee is at the very least borderline? Some straight up call out Jack for not being able to take a hit... his knee was hit and he hurt his knee... obviously has nothing to do with anything else. 

You can’t lead with your knee. Period. 

On 10/9/2014 at 9:40 PM, mfitz804 said:

Final shot total for Philly must have been 40 or very close. Defense needs to tighten up, can't give up 40 and expect miracles from Schneider.

On 12/8/2014 at 9:00 PM, mfitz804 said:

And, 23 shots against through 2. They need to stop letting Schneider get pelted, he's good but giving up 30+ a night is no good.

On 2/18/2017 at 8:42 PM, mfitz804 said:

DSP playing his ass off tonight, work fir that ice time my man.

Nice to not see Cammalleri out there. Maybe it lights a sufficient fire under his a$$, or maybe he us packing his bags. 

Schneider holding strong thus far, we're giving up too many shots and that needs to change. 

Zajac playing strong as well.

Not a great showing on that fight by Wood, he's had better. 

Very enjoyable thus far.

LGD

On 2/4/2016 at 10:30 PM, mfitz804 said:

Kinkaid has been totally hung out to dry. You can't let this crappy team take that many shots. 

On 3/7/2021 at 7:58 PM, mfitz804 said:

Who can explain this stuff? Totally different team on the ice than the previous two. 

Wedgewood won this game. 40 save shutout. 

@Nicomo, to be completely fair I decided to go through my post history and see if I had been making that argument consistently. It’s something I have been saying since 2014. About multiple different goalies. 

Again, don’t care if you disagree, but if nothing else I’m consistent, spoon boy. 

Edited by mfitz804

Just now, Nicomo said:

You can’t lead with your knee. Period. 

Well that's kind of why im wondering why so many are missing that blatant detail

I know it's not one of those calls where the guy sticks out his knee and only clip the legs. 

He went for a body check clearly but had his knee out too, reminds me of Hall's hit here. IMO should be like a highstick, maybe you didn't mean to highstick someone but you should have control of your stick (knee) at all time.

1 hour ago, MB3 said:

I don't say anything about your life because there's nothing to say. 

You're a fat, pathetic loser who got bullied in high school and spends his free time being the moral police on an internet message board full of people who absolutely fvcking hate him. Mocking you for being a starving artist (starving is very obviously not being used literally) would just be mean. 

Say whatever you want about me (as you do on a daily basis) and keep my fvcking family out of your dorito crusted keyboard you no-life lonely little fvck. 

Well it's not because i don't come here and brag about how much money i make like you do that there's nothing to say about my life :P

There's quite a bit to say actually. Probably why I was contacted and eventually on National TV to talk about my success 2 years ago, they wanted to hear about it. Also why the college who gave me my education ask me to go talk to their students every year, also many highschools in my province doing the same every year, they want to hear about it. And also why many of my all-time favorite bands, artists and my favourite movie directer ALL reached out to me asking me to do work for them when they literally had the whole work to choose from.

Wouldn't necessarily call that being a loser, no-life and a starving artist lol I'm slightly overweight and do eat doritos every once in awhile though, you got that one right