Jump to content

GDT - Devils vs Islanders 4/3/22 4:00pm TNT


NJDfan1711
 Share

Recommended Posts

2 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

If he did in fact tear something he’s probably not going to be ready for the start of next season. I’d think 9 months minimum including rehab. 

This kid just can’t catch a break. 2 shortened seasons due to covid, and now this. 

I’ve got nothing to base this on at all but I’m already preparing myself for “early 2023”.  

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nicomo said:

If he did in fact tear something he’s probably not going to be ready for the start of next season. I’d think 9 months minimum including rehab. 

This kid just can’t catch a break. 2 shortened seasons due to covid, and now this. 

9 months for a knee tear? I think that’s probably way longer than it will take to heal/rehab. Are you basing that on something? 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, mfitz804 said:

9 months for a knee tear? I think that’s probably way longer than it will take to heal/rehab. Are you basing that on something? 

Yes. Joe Burrow. I unfortunately had to read and research a lot about torn knee ligaments. Granted, football is a completely different sport, but I remember a lot of “9-12” months proclamations wrt how long it takes to get back to 100% after that type of injury. 

Burrow tore his ACL and MCL in November 2020, but was at least ready to start the season in September 2021. He did partake in a limited capacity in TC, but he clearly wasn’t back to normal until about halfway through the season. Now - his injury was gruesome (multiple tears), so maybe we’re talking about way less time with Jack, but we’re comparing a hockey player that has to be able to skate on that knee as opposed to a QB who hurt his non-plant leg. So who knows. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Nicomo said:

Yes. Joe Burrow. I unfortunately had to read and research a lot about torn knee ligaments. Granted, football is a completely different sport, but I remember a lot of “9-12” months proclamations wrt how long it takes to get back to 100% after that type of injury. 

Burrow tore his ACL and MCL in November 2020, but was at least ready to start the season in September 2021. He did partake in a limited capacity in TC, but he clearly wasn’t back to normal until about halfway through the season. Now - his injury was gruesome (multiple tears), so maybe we’re talking about way less time with Jack, but we’re comparing a hockey player that has to be able to skate on that knee as opposed to a QB who hurt his non-plant leg. So who knows. 

I Googled it and found websites of two sports medicine/orthopedic doctors that say 6 weeks to return to the ice after an MCL tear 

Hopefully we don’t have to find out. But Buttcrack Sports seems reputable so who knows?

Link to comment
Share on other sites

The Buttcrack guy also says PK is having a hearing tomorrow. We should follow this guy to see how accurate he is. 

But don’t follow too closely, because Buttcrack. 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

5 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

I Googled it and found websites of two sports medicine/orthopedic doctors that say 6 weeks to return to the ice after an MCL tear 

Hopefully we don’t have to find out. But Buttcrack Sports seems reputable so who knows?

I certainly hope it’s something more like that. It must be the ACL tears that make football injuries so much worse. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

I certainly hope it’s something more like that. It must be the ACL tears that make football injuries so much worse. 

Looking at the same sources, it looks like ACL is a minimum of 6 months. So if it is a ligament tear, let’s hope the buttcrack guy is accurate. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 minutes ago, Jerrydevil said:

This has not been a good three-game stretch, but the name "Pat Myaz" has managed to put a smile on my face.

Almost as good as Moritz Seider’s other brother, Fystin. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Oh, and on one last note…sat next to an Islander fan and his family yesterday, and he was a nice enough guy….but nothing worse than sitting next to a fan who really has no idea what he’s talking about.  Basically he kept wondering why the Devils got rid of Palms…kept saying that Fitz should’ve re-signed him.  I didn’t get into particulars with the guy, but all I could think was “What the hell have you been watching since Palms came to your team?!  Even with him being more productive as of late, his numbers are still very much down from his best Devils seasons, and now he’s in his 30s…based on what I saw during his last Devils season, I wouldn’t want him back for five more years.”

He had some other off-base takes too (re:  the Devils) that I won’t get into.  Got to the point where I simply made it a point to focus HEAVILY on my daughter.

Edited by Colorado Rockies 1976
Link to comment
Share on other sites

58 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

He had some other off-base takes too (re:  the Devils) that I won’t get into. 

He should sign up here, he’d fit right in. 

  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

4 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

He should sign up here, he’d fit right in. 

It was funny...yesterday I broke out my Kansas City MO-hawks jersey for the first time, at a game...the one that was the replica of the jersey prototype back in 1973, after it had been announced that KC had been awarded an expansion team.  I know you know the history, but for those who don't, the new KC franchise designed a jersey with a left-facing Native American, and wanted the MO-hawks nickname to reflect both KC and Missouri (the city lies in both Kansas and Missouri).  As anyone with a brain would've expected, the Blackhawks completely nixed the idea, so then came the hastily-redone Scouts nickname and jersey, with many design cues from the MO-hawks jersey retained (the striping is very similar).  And of course the Scouts logo is a Native American sitting upon a horse (based on a local statue), because I guess the design was going to have a Native American on the front of the jersey no matter what.  

Anyway, he asked me about the jersey, and I told him the history...he then asked me about the Colorado Rockies, and added "So when did they become the Quebec Nordiques?  And why did they move back to Colorado?"  After he claimed to have been watching hockey since 1977.

Not that I expect every fan to know every last thing about every last franchise, and like I said, the dude was nice enough, but geez...

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Loading...
 Share

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.