Jack Hughes *-* Done for the Season, MCL Sprain *-*

mfitz804

Feels like this was best case, given the circumstances.  I’ll take it.  

2 hours ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

Well I wouldn't go that far. Very good news would have been it was a bruise and he will be back by the weekend. 

But the way this season is going it's a rare occasions where it hasn't been the worst possible outcome. So I guess we take it as a win. 

The update said it was a low grade sprain. But when you look at the grades it seems it's only 1, 2 or 3. So do they mean grade 1? Or somewhere between 1 and 2?

That would be amazing news. 

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, mfitz804 said:

Yeah having been at that game and seeing him go back off after the one shift, I would’ve been stunned if he was able to play again this year.  I’m just glad that he should be able to play next year, right from the start.  

43 minutes ago, Nicomo said:

Pretty much what I’d expect. If this happened under different circumstances he probably sits 7-10 days and then he would have been back. 

• Like 1

lol leave it to the Devils to wait to announce it during a game against their biggest rivals.  100% done on purpose.

Thankfully doesn;t sound bad.  Better to shut him down and bring him back fully healthy next year.

3 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

I suppose this is where being British comes into play, in that we very rarely consider there being anything above good news. 

If you ask a British person how their day has been the standard response is "not too bad"  meaning we expected it to be bad, but it wasn't as terrible as expected. Therefore it was actually pretty good.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, Chimaira_Devil_#9 said:

I suppose this is where being British comes into play, in that we very rarely consider there being anything above good news. 

If you ask a British person how their day has been the standard response is "not too bad"  meaning we expected it to be bad, but it wasn't as terrible as expected. Therefore it was actually pretty good.

Also, here "Cheerio" is a breakfast cereal. 

18 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

Also, here "Cheerio" is a breakfast cereal. 

Haha, I think I could count on one hand the amount of times I have actually heard someone say that outside of a movie. 

Although funnily enough about two weeks ago I was getting off a train with a friend late night. And a drunk guy was talking to a stranger and as we left the station he said "well it's been a pleasure talking to you, oh and fvck Putin, cheerio" 

• Like 2