GDT: Rags @ Devils 7:00 PM MSG+2 , MSG

MadDog2020

3 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Never say never, if Daws or Hammond goes down, you know who is getting the call. 

Oh he might get more appearances this season, but I was saying he won't ever get anywhere near that kind of volume of games again, relative to that period of time.  I'd be shocked if he so much as appeared in 17 more NHL games for the rest of his career.

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Oh he might get more appearances this season, but I was saying he won't ever get anywhere near that kind of volume of games again, relative to that period of time.  I'd be shocked if he so much as appeared in 17 more NHL games for the rest of his career.

That could be true lol. 

With the Devils being where they are, it really doesn't matter how many games Gillies and Hammond play.  It would be nice for the Devils to go on a little bit of run so that they get a small taste of not being a constant loser, but that might be too much of an uphill battle with the coaching, injuries, terrible goaltending, etc.

However, under no circumstance should either Gillies or Hammond be here next year even has a 3rd string option.

Just now, DevsMan84 said:

With the Devils being where they are, it really doesn't matter how many games Gillies and Hammond play.  It would be nice for the Devils to go on a little bit of run so that they get a small taste of not being a constant loser, but that might be too much of an uphill battle with the coaching, injuries, terrible goaltending, etc.

However, under no circumstance should either Gillies or Hammond be here next year even has a 3rd string option.

They'll be gone.  The 3rd-string option will be Daws or Schmid (I'm expecting both to be in Utica to start next season, barring one of them being dealt).  Daws in particular at least got his feet wet.  Schmid did get a taste.  

12 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Maybe a backwards crawl is even too much to ask at this point? Not sure we've seen a true run all season, not by contending team's standards anyway. 

5 hours ago, Jerrydevil said:

Should a player like Severson be on the block to try to trade for a goaltender? 

One of the persistent issues for the Devils (besides bad goaltending) is the failure to clear the zone when the simple play presents itself. Daneyko brings it up all the time. It happened again last night and it led to a Rangers PP goal. I tend to lay the blame on the head coach for this.

That being said, the Devil penalty killing has made a big turnaround, so Nasreddine gets some credit for that, I would think. 

Depending on the starter I would trade him yes. 

3 hours ago, Fansinz88 said:

Depending on the starter I would trade him yes. 

When you consider that Luke Hughes could be here for the 2023-24 season, I think it would be a good idea to trade Severson while his value is high and address a need, if it makes sense. 

• Like 1