GDT: Canadiens @ Devils, MSG+2, 7:00 pm, 4/7/2022

Colorado Rockies 1976

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Andes mints are like the main offender. Nothing fvcks up chocolate like adding fvcking mint to it. 

Guess you’re not biting into the sensation of a York Peppermint Patty anytime soon…

1 minute ago, Nicomo said:

As bad as everything else has been (goaltending, coaching, etc), at least they score goals. Except when they’re on the power play ofc. 

Of all the mystifying things that have happened this season, that one really is the one that gets me the most.  This team has had some truly incredible games where they seem to click and score 6-7 goals a game and things seem so promising from an offensive standpoint, yet when it comes to the Powerplay, a time when they do (or should) have an advantage, they look like it's their first time putting on skates and holding a stick.  The only conclusion I can come to is that the coaching staff is just not doing them any favors whatsoever, and may or is actually harming their development when it comes to the Powerplay.  

2 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Andes mints are like the main offender. Nothing fvcks up chocolate like adding fvcking mint to it.

Anyone who doesn’t like mint with their chocolate is a fvcking idiot 😉

• Like 1

Just now, NJDfan1711 said:

Of all the mystifying things that have happened this season, that one really is the one that gets me the most.  This team has had some truly incredible games where they seem to click and score 6-7 goals a game and things seem so promising from an offensive standpoint, yet when it comes to the Powerplay, a time when they do (or should) have an advantage, they look like it's their first time putting on skates and holding a stick.  The only conclusion I can come to is that the coaching staff is just not doing them any favors whatsoever, and may or is actually harming their development when it comes to the Powerplay.  

First powerplay unit has three recent All-Stars on it and it should be lights out. As I indicated above, it’s more evidence of a huge coaching issue. 

Just now, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Anyone who doesn’t like mint with their chocolate is a fvcking idiot 😉

I see what you’re doing, and I appreciate it lol. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

My parents used to bring out After Eights as part of a dessert spread after hosting a dinner party.  They were plenty yummy…

Just now, mfitz804 said:

Old people chocolates. 

Exactly lol.  Except they were only in their 30s at the time.

4 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Exactly lol.  Except they were only in their 30s at the time.

My parents went through a stage with those as well, probably around that same time. That’s when I learned how utterly disappointing it was for chocolate to be ruined by mint. 

I know everyone hates my posts and understandable.  I’m always a pessimist when it comes to sports teams, no reason to get excited because they always disappoint and consistently lose every year.  All the teams I root for.

With the devils though, these last few games without Hughes proves this team is incapable of winning, will not be able to generate enough offense or be competitive against good teams, barely are against the bad ones.  Total of 8 road wins so far is proof enough.  Playoff teams always have secondary and tertiary scoring.  They just don’t have enough talent there, Bratt/Nico/Mercer, isn’t going to cut it and after those guys they’ve really got nothing.  Way too much of a drop off.

Graves and Hamilton are solid defensemen.  The others are way too often in horrible spots on the ice and constantly miss coverages.  Plus their skating and stick handling abilities is mostly crap to be considered reliable defenseman.

With goaltending, there isn’t one goalie on this team I think should remain.  Gillies should have a restraining order against him to ever be within 100 miles of Prudential Center.  @mfitz804 Can you help with that?  Daws also doesn’t deserve to be on this team, and if he has to get playing time next year that proves their primary and secondary goaltenders are once again crap.  Blackwood will not be the answer even if he thinks he’s recovered from his injury.

The coaches, the rage I have when I see them on the screen is…I don’t even know how to explain it, can’t put it into words.  Beyond belief.

Unless fitz can pull a rabbit out his a$$ during the off-season and the next few to follow, I can’t imagine how this team will sniff the playoffs anytime soon.

I’m sure most of you disagree with me about everything I wrote but that’s my take and would like to hear how anyone potentially believes the devils will once again be competitive anytime soon.

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, ajsgolf said:

With goaltending, there isn’t one goalie on this team I think should remain.  Gillies should have a restraining order against him to ever be within 100 miles of Prudential Center.  @mfitz804 Can you help with that?  Daws also doesn’t deserve to be on this team, and if he has to get playing time next year that proves their primary and secondary goaltenders are once again crap.  Blackwood will not be the answer even if he thinks he’s recovered from his injury.

The coaches, the rage I have when I see them on the screen is…I don’t even know how to explain it, can’t put it into words.  Beyond belief.

Couldn’t have said it better. I feel the exact same, especially about the coaches. If ANY of the three of them are retained- let alone all of them- I may have a cardiac episode. 

Edited by MadDog2020
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, Satans Hockey said:

This is the most offensive thing you've ever said on this board.

It’s fine, if being a member here has taught me anything, it’s not to be upset when everyone thinks I’m wrong when I am 10,000% right. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Haha 3