GDT: Canadiens @ Devils, MSG+2, 7:00 pm, 4/7/2022

Colorado Rockies 1976

31 minutes ago, mfitz804 said:

Blackwood looks almost ready to come back, or he has severe diarrhea. You decide. 

He can fvck right the hell off. Bailed on the team by mismanaging his bitch heel. Wants to play when there’s no pressure on him. 

1 minute ago, devlman said:

He can fvck right the hell off. Bailed on the team by mismanaging his bitch heel. Wants to play when there’s no pressure on him. 

If we’re gonna trade him, I’d prefer he get a chance to help his value. He probably wants to audition for other teams too.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MadDog2020 said:

If we’re gonna trade him, I’d prefer he get a chance to help his value. He probably wants to audition for other teams too.

I don’t see him helping his trade value with stellar play. He’s a sh!t goalie who will soon be exposed as not having the convenient excuse of being injured. 

1 minute ago, devlman said:

I don’t see him helping his trade value with stellar play. He’s a sh!t goalie who will soon be exposed as not having the convenient excuse of being injured. 

Listen, one way or the other he has to play. Nobody’s going to trade for him if he isn’t able to play.

Except Fitz, he trades for injured goalies, but Blackwood is already here. 

• Like 1

Can't wait for Blackwood to return with less than zero pressure, play at a barely NHL level and Fitz be sold on him being good enough to be the top guy going into next season. As a result we'll be swirling the sh!tter drain by 12/1/22 yet again next season. 

• Like 1

7 hours ago, titans04 said:

Can't wait for Blackwood to return with less than zero pressure, play at a barely NHL level and Fitz be sold on him being good enough to be the top guy going into next season. As a result we'll be swirling the sh!tter drain by 12/1/22 yet again next season. 

That would be the best result, then he could probably be traded for a better return. 

7 hours ago, titans04 said:

Blackwood is gone. Both parties want out from each other. 

So last night was terrible.  Par for the course these days.

Siegenthaler apparently is hurt.  I would be more concerned if this was January, but since the ASG (and when those articles about him being possibly the best defensive D-man in the league came out) he hasn't been good at all.  I do think that since then PK and Severson have been our best defenders.  Go figure.

Zacha, Tatar, Johnsson can all fvck off.  Same with GIllies and Hammond.

Oh and bravo to Failure Fitz for trading for not only a player who hasn't played in years prior to this year and was injured, but is posting a .783 save % in his two outings with the Devils so far compared to Gillies' .882 save %.  He literally traded for a worse goaltender than Gillies which seems almost impossible to do but he found a way.

I want him gone as well as the entire coaching staff.  I am done with Fitz.  fvck him.

38 minutes ago, DevsMan84 said:

Oh and bravo to Failure Fitz for trading for not only a player who hasn't played in years prior to this year and was injured, but is posting a .783 save % in his two outings with the Devils so far compared to Gillies' .882 save %.  He literally traded for a worse goaltender than Gillies which seems almost impossible to do but he found a way.

I feel like they could bring in anyone who has ever tried on goalie equipment and get the same results that Hammond has achieved. If I had an option, I would vote him out of my goalie puck collection. I am very glad I went the absolute cheapest route possible on that puck. 

8 hours ago, mfitz804 said:

That would be the best result, then he could probably be traded for a better return. 

7 hours ago, MadDog2020 said:

Blackwood is gone. Both parties want out from each other. 

One can only hope, I do however have zero faith Fitz or whoever the goalie coach in this organization is would recognize and be able to bring in a true NHL quality 1A for next season. I would love some crow here but I would lean towards Blackwood is your starter going into next season unless his foot falls off between now and then.  Fitz over abundance of patience or lack of balls when it comes to moving on from people has been proven already.

1 minute ago, titans04 said:

One can only hope, I do however have zero faith Fitz or whoever the goalie coach in this organization is would recognize and be able to bring in a true NHL quality 1A for next season. I would love some crow here but I would lean towards Blackwood is your starter going into next season unless his foot falls off between now and then.  Fitz over abundance of patience or lack of balls when it comes to moving on from people has been proven already.

But in this case, it seems that Blackwood is motivated to leave as well, so it’s a little different of a situation. I have to imagine if he is being pressured, he will move him. 

Assuming all of that stuff is true, obviously. 

4 minutes ago, titans04 said:

Assuming he's given the offseason, he has that long to prove the doubters wrong.  If you really think about it, he hasn't been on the job quite long enough to have established any true patterns just yet.  

13 minutes ago, Colorado Rockies 1976 said:

Assuming he's given the offseason, he has that long to prove the doubters wrong.  If you really think about it, he hasn't been on the job quite long enough to have established any true patterns just yet.  

I would add that if he is in fact given that long, the idea that he won’t be under any pressure because we’re out of the playoffs doesn’t hold true for me. Whenever he plays again, it’s going to kind of be with the exception that he has to get the ship righted and solve our goaltending issue. I’m not sure he can do that, I hope he can. But I think the list of goalies that would have a profound effect on this team right now is incredibly small. 

There’s a lot of talk of “league average” goaltending, but I think you would need a better than league average guy to deliver it, because of various other issues. 

yeah see that's where I disagree, his return will essentially to me being him trying to get back into game shape playing what 6-7 games IF he's lucky and IF he doesn't come up lame? How much could that possibly improve his trade value  or to Fitz when it comes to yeah we should give this guy another shot again. 

Fitz, track record includes imo being invisible while the ship sunk to the bottom of the ocean then spewing the answer(s) are in that room. He should of at least at the absolute very minimum blew out an assistant coach or ffs announced they were shuffling the responsibilities around within the coaching staff.  Instead he embarrassed himself and insulted anybody who follows this team because it was clear to even Helen Keller once again this season the answer was and is not in the room and certainly not behind the bench.

2 cents.

Edited by titans04

25 minutes ago, titans04 said:

yeah see that's where I disagree, his return will essentially to me being him trying to get back into game shape playing what 6-7 games IF he's lucky and IF he doesn't come up lame? How much could that possibly improve his trade value  or to Fitz when it comes to yeah we should give this guy another shot again. 

I actually agree with that completely, but a lot of people aren’t going to look at the situation that way. 

Noticed something interesting while looking at Mackenzie’s stats. He lost 9 regulation and 3 shootouts. Out of those 12 losses, the Devils scored 2 goals or less in 8 of them. Some were lost by a large margin, of course, but I think if we were getting the kind of offense we were getting when Jack was healthy and Bratt and Sharangovich were scoring, we probably win a number of those games. 

I also realized it was so long ago that I forgot how anemic our offense was early in the season. Really did kind of flip a switch at some point and started scoring way more. 

Edited by mfitz804
  • Like 1

2 hours ago, titans04 said:

Nah, if his foot falls off Fitz won’t even notice. A reporter will ask “So why is Blackwood missing a foot” and Fitz will be hearing of it for the first time and then explain why the team deserves Louis Domingue to come in and win some games.